What's new

Treeis' Nolimits Thread

Treeis

Mega Poster
I make quite a few nolimits coasters, and would like to share them with you guys as I go along.

I thought that if I made a thread to put them all in, it would just tidy it up abit.

Thanks, and stay tuned!

Xpress

Strata Poster
Neat little track. Like mentioned it needs a bit more speed over the top. Launch was too quick for the amount of track you made, could definitely use less launch track. Also could do well with more layout that wraps around a few more times with some snappy transitions.

Otherwise pretty decent. Don't forget to work on them bankings ;)

6.5/10

Brookes

Giga Poster
The train should accelerate more gradually, instead of reaching top speed instantly and keeping at the same speed for the entire of the launch track.

Treeis

Mega Poster
Jugganaut

You want vertical drops? You got it. Launch? Check. 97 degree drop? Sure thing.

jdhlY.jpg

Meet Jugganaut, a beast of a Eurofighter.

http://www.mediafire.com/?afe58xn2a8ncfxa

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Woah.

The good: The layout was fantastic and the supports are superb!

The bad: The transitions could have been better. There were a few bumps and pumps throughout the layout due to inconsistent use of continuous roll.

Awesome ride, but there's always room for improvement. Look into how to use iSmooth. This track would be phenomenal if it were implemented.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Conceptually this ride was brilliant. It did feel a little... OTT I have to admit, but it was unique and good! I think the trackwork could have been better, it was very jerky and pumpy, but with improvement that would have been epic. Only other thing I didn't like was the stop before the launch - it felt like it defeated the point of the drop out of the station. I also prefer rolling launches... ;)

It sounds like I'm listing endless complaints, but really I liked this. With work this would be awesome. :D

bmac

Giga Poster
Jerks and quirks, like everyone else has said. That vertical drop out of the station is really neat but the momentum from it is ruined by the immediate stop before the launch. Beyond those issues this was a really neat spin on a Eurofighter and you get props for that.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Well I've looked at Juggernaut.

Juggernaut:

Technical - Work on smoothing your tracks. I can see a lot of potential with the design, but the bumpy nature really let you down. I can see you don't use many nodes which can lead to problems. You don't need as many on linear track sections (such as the vertical drop) but they do help control the shaping and ease in the smoothing process. It also didn't feel like you used ctrl+g let alone iSmooth. Both of those are really crucial to handbuilt coasters. I LOVED the supports, however OTT they were! Shows great control over node placement, so you can do it for the track too :)

Adrenaline - I agree with the comments above regarding the stop before the launch. It negated the drop out of the station and messed with the pacing, as did the MCBR which came far too early in my opinion. I think an airtime hill followed by another inversion would have beneficial. Again though, the potential is there, you just lack the execution.

Originality - It's a great concept that needs some tweaking. I liked the compact second section that came after the intense launch and 'bigger' start to the track.

6/10

This isn't intended as a flame, and I really hope it helps you to progress. I haven't got the time to look at the invert just now, but will do at some point. You've got great potential, especially with the supports. I'm a sucker for anyone that can do wonderful things with supports.

jolash

Mega Poster
I downloaded everything and checked it all out.

Lazers cool. The element is really, really neat. I took the liberty of attempting to fix things up, but I think it'd be best if you ran this idea through Newton.

Juggernaut is awesome. The support structure is very impressive; I think you should consider making a heavy terrain woodie (eg, The Beast) and use these bridge structures to cross large ravines and rivers. The layouts pretty nice, I can actually see it being something that Gerstlauer may build. Gersty tends to have rolling launches on their launching coasters though. Have your car roll slowly into the launch, and tone down your launch acceleration. All of your rides are accelerating at rates far beyond what even real life Intamin Accelerators are doing.

Phoenix is pretty standard. It's a very nice, realistic layout, but maybe more realistic as a Vekoma SLC than a B&M invert.

I'm also a Nazi when it comes to how brake runs, stations, and pre-lifts are configured. You should rarely be using friction wheels and brakes on the same segment, as very few real life rides do this anymore. Use one or the other. If you're using friction wheels to move a train, but still need the segment to be a block, use the purple/pink brake segment, but select the "Hide Brake Device" option. Same goes for MCBRs. I know, if you want to E-stop test the ride, the train needs a way to get from standstill to moving. You have to make the MCBR segment slanted enough so that your train will start rolling when the E-Stop is lifted. This is all merely my opinion, and how I like my rides. I think it tidies things up and just looks far nicer. Give it a shot.

Keep the rides coming though. I hope I don't come off too harsh. I thoroughly and sincerely enjoy seeing other people's rides and tinkering with them, probably more than I enjoy using NL for my own projects. I hope you take some of mine as well as others' advice and try to apply it to your own creations the best you can!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
First what I liked.

1. Colors
2. Launch
3. Up to the top of the top hat
4. Entrance and middle of the Zero-G was FANTASTIC

What I didn't like

Bumps leaving top hat, same with the Zero-G, and I wish the Dive Loop rolled the other way as it felt everything was banked to the right. Also, I was hoping since I saw the transfer track, you could move the trains, but was sad to see I couldn't. It took me a while to figure out, so I'm assuming it is same for you.

I enjoyed it a lot, just a couple things.