What's new

Track Appears at Fun Spot Kissimmee for RMC Retrack of Mine Blower

CoasterDave

Roller Poster
Visited the park today, all of the track in on the ride, now we just wait for the finishing touches, id say it will be ready in a month more or less

Marsden10002

Roller Poster
Ah, so is it not open as of today? Or is it just gonna be kinda like a “soft opening” until they do an official reopening on the 23rd?
Apparently so but a few mixed reports on Facebook saying it closed early due to a braking issue.

Have to wait till someone local visits

Marsden10002

Roller Poster
Scrap that there's a few reviews on YouTube which say the full lot needed doing. There's now a notable difference between the re track and existing 😐
Apparently so but a few mixed reports on Facebook saying it closed early due to a braking issue.

Have to wait till someone local visits

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Great! Now let's fix these amateur ass, hack-job transition joints:

1686701356267.png
1686701668089.png
1686701370896.png
1686701318906.png
and a slow-mo video for further enjoyment:
How does an engineer sign off on this 💩 ?????? How do you let this operate in this state with public riders?? Mind blowing stuff here.

HQCrazyCat

Roller Poster
That Reddit post is misleading - it temporarily closed on Tuesday and reopened later the same day. It's unlikely it closed "since it was so rough".

Some of the transitions are definitely rough though - embarrassingly so for a just-refurbished ride.

Marsden10002

Roller Poster
It's odd how bad it sounds. Wonder if it's now putting extra stress on the trains due to the dodgy profiling between the 2 track

CoasterDave

Roller Poster

opivy028

Mega Poster
Well, sucks that it was such a lemon wrt roughness, but that layout all steel?? Will be an incredible ride if the profiling and elements remain the same.

TBH, the layout feels very RMC to begin with, so all steel wouldn't be too much of a stretch in my mind. Making something like Ghostrider, or thunderhead all steel wouldn't work, but something with overbanks and inversions seems socially acceptable to me.