What's new

Top 10(ish): 2021 Edition - page 102

jackandylan123

Roller Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2014 Edition

1: Megafobia
2: Nemesis
3: SAW - The Ride
4: Stealth
5: Oblivion
6: Speed
7: Rita
8: Air
9: The Swarm
10: Thirteen
 

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Re: Top 10(ish): 2014 Edition

Jordanovichy said:
1. Air - Alton Towers
2. Nemesis - Alton Towers
3. The Swarm - Thorpe Park
4. The Smiler - Alton Towers
5. The Big One - Blackpool Pleasure Beach
6. Dragon's Fury - Chessington World of Adventures
7. Oblivion - Alton Towers
8. Stealth - Thorpe Park
9. Shockwave - Drayton Manor
10. Avalanche - Blackpool Pleasure Beach
11. Nemesis Inferno - Thorpe Park
12. Big Dipper - Blackpool Pleasure Beach
13. Th13teen - Alton Towers
14. Colossus - Thorpe Park
15. Rage - Adventure Island
16. Revolution - Blackpool Pleasure Beach
17. Vampire - Chessington World of Adventures
18. Rattlesnake - Chessington World of Adventures
19. Cliffhanger - Blackgang Chine
20. Skyways - Clarence Pier
21. Wilde Maus XXL - Winter Wonderland
22. Cobra - Paulton's Park
23. Sonic Spinball - Alton Towers
24. Nickelodean Streak - Blackpool Pleasure Beach
25. X - Thorpe Park

Well I've updated my list. It's fair to say going to America has pretty much destroyed my original top ten...as you might expect ;)

I now have 132 creds, I discounted 30 creds as +1s so I now have 102 coasters ranked. Here are the top 25:

1. Montu - Busch Gardens Tampa
2. White Lightning - Fun Spot USA
3. Manta - Seaworld Orlando
4. Sheikra - Busch Gardens Tampa
5. Kraken - Seaworld Orlando
6. Air - Alton Towers
7. Nemesis - Alton Towers
8. Revenge of the Mummy - Universal Studios
9. The Swarm - Thorpe Park
10. Dragon Challenge Hungarian Horntail - Islands of Adventure
11. Kumba - Busch Gardens Tampa
12. The Smiler - Alton Towers
13. Incredible Hulk - Islands of Adventure
14. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit - Universal Studios
15. The Big One - Blackpool Pleasure Beach
16. Expedition Everest - Animal Kingdom WDW
17. Space Mountain Omega - Magic Kingdom WDW
18. Dragon's Fury - Chessington World of Adventures
19. Oblivion - Alton Towers
20. Stealth - Thorpe Park
21. Dragon Challenge Chinese Fireball - Islands of Adventure
22. Space Mountain Alpha - Magic Kingdom WDW
23. Cheetah Hunt - Busch Gardens Tampa
24. Shockwave - Drayton Manor
25. Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts - Universal Studios

I didn't ride all of the coasters as many times as I'd have liked but I have to rank them on my experience. Only 8 of my original top 25 remain. Woo.
 

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2014 Edition

^ You put DC: Hungarian Horntail twice, you must have really liked it :wink:

Out on interest why was one space mountain side better than the other?
 

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Re: Top 10(ish): 2014 Edition

I found Omega to be smoother yet more relentless and it has airtime in places, well more so than Alpha does :p
 

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2014 Edition

After my big trip to the northeastern US, this is the best added to my overall list. (Keep in mind there were 40 coasters; I'm not going to waist our time listing the stupid stuff like the boomerangs, wild mice, and kiddie coasters that they let me on but I kind of wish they hadn't.)

----- STEEL -----
1. Goliath ..... SFOG
2. Behemoth ..... CW
3. Intimidator ..... Carowinds
4. Millennium Force ..... CP
5. Leviathan ..... CW
6. Apollo's Chariot ..... BGW
7. Diamondback ..... KI
8. Raging Bull ..... SFGAM
9. Nitro ..... SFGAV
10. Goliath ..... La Ronde
11. Alpengeist .... BGW
12. Steel Force ..... Dorney
13. Kraken ..... SWO
14. Intimidator 305 ..... KD
15. Griffon ..... BGW
16. Talon ..... Dorney
17. Patriot ..... WOF
18. Mr. Freeze ..... SFOT
19. Mr. Freeze ..... SFSTL
20. Top Thrill Dragster ..... CP
21. Mamba ..... WOF

37. Scream! ..... SFMM
38. Manta ..... SWO
39. Dominator ..... KD
40. Iron Rattler ..... SFFT
41. Gemini, Blue ..... CP
42. Gemini, Red ..... CP
43. Steel Eel ..... SWSA
44. Superman Krypton Coaster ..... SFFT
45. Batman - The Dark Knight ..... SFNE
46. Wicked Twister ..... CP

98. Incredible Hulk ..... IOA
99. Hydra: The Revenge ..... Dorney
100. Dragon Challenge: Chinese Fireball ..... IOA
101. Thunderbolt ..... Luna Park / Scream Zone
102. Runaway Mine Train ..... SFGAV
103. Thunder Run ..... CW
104. Pandemonium ..... SFNE
105. Moto Coaster ..... Darien Lake
106. Steeplechase ..... Luna Park / Scream Zone
107. Sooperdooperlooper ..... Hershey
108. Possessed ..... Dorney
109. Vampire ..... La Ronde
110. Batman The Ride ..... SFGAM
111. Goliath ..... SFFT
112. Great White ..... SWSA
113. Batman The Ride ..... SFGAV
114. Batman The Ride ..... SFMM

125. Montezooma's Revenge ..... KBF
126. Iron Shark ..... Galveston Pleasure Pier
127. Untamed ..... Canobie Lake
128. Hangman ..... Wild Adventures
129. Flight Deck ..... CW
130. Ednör - L'Attaque ..... La Ronde
131. Mind Eraser..... SFA
132. Mind Eraser..... Darien Lake
133. Mind Eraser ..... SFNE
134. Super Manège ..... La Ronde
135. Demon ..... SFGAM
136. Vortex ..... KI
137. Viper ..... Darien Lake
138. Alpine Bobsled ..... Great Escape

153. Steel Hawg ..... Indiana Beach
154. Catworman's Whip ..... SFNE
155. SpongeBob SquarePants Rock Bottom Plunge ..... Nickelodeon Universe
156. Fairly Odd Coaster ..... Nickelodeon Universe
157. Spinning Dragons ..... WOF

165. Ninja ..... SFSTL
166. Dragon ..... La Ronde
167. Boomerang ..... KBF
168. Carolina Cyclone ..... Carowinds

184. Georgia Scorcher ..... SFOG
185. Mantis ..... CP
186. Cobra ..... La Ronde
187. Vortex ..... Carowinds
188. SkyRider ..... CW

196. Canobie Corkscrew ..... Canobie Lake
197. Steamin' Demon ..... Great Escape
198. Corkscrew ..... Valleyfair
199. Dragon Fire ..... CW
200. Bobsleds ..... Seabreeze

----- WOODEN -----
11. Ravine Flyer II ..... Waldameer
12. Boulder Dash ..... Lake Compounce
13. Cyclone ...... Luna Park / Scream Zone
14. Twister ..... Knoebels
15. Legend ..... Holiday World
16. El Toro ..... SFGAV
17. Comet ..... Hershey
18. Yankee Cannonball ..... Canobie Lake

31. Dragon Coaster ..... Playland Park
32. Jack Rabbit ..... Seabreeze
33. Comet ..... Waldameer
34. Thunderhawk ..... Dorney
35. Comet ..... Great Escape
36. Judge Roy Scream ..... SFOT
37. Apocalypse ..... SFMM
38. Avalanche ..... Timber Falls
39. Monstre, Left ..... La Ronde
40. Monstre, Right ..... La Ronde
41. Hades ..... Mt. Olympus

53. Blue Streak ..... CP
54. Wooden Warrior ..... Quassy
55. Cornball Express ..... Indiana Beach
56. G.A.S.M. ..... SFOG
57. Rolling Thunder, Left ..... SFGAV
58. Rolling Thunder, Right .... SFGAV
59. Thunder Road, Blue ..... Carowinds
60. The Wildcat ..... Lake Compounce
61. Arkansas Twister ..... Magic Springs
62. Hoosier Hurricane ..... Indiana Beach
63. Thunderbolt ..... SFNE
64. Predator ..... Darien Lake
 

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2014 Edition

Newest addition in bold

1. Intimidator 305, Kings Dominion
2. Expedition GeForce, Holiday Park
3. El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure
4. Goliath, Walibi Holland
5. Monster, Walygator Parc
6. Shambhala, Port Aventura
7. Piraten, Djurs Sommerland
8. X2, Six Flags Magic Mountain
9. Phoenix, Knoebels
10. Helix, Liseberg
11. Montu, Busch Gardens Tampa
12. Tatsu, Six Flags Magic Mountain
13. Nemesis, Alton Towers
14. Alpina Blitz, Nigloland
15. Troy, Toverland
16. Talon, Dorney Park
17. Balder, Liseberg
18. Black Mamba, Phantasialand
19. Manta, Sea World Orlando
20. Griffon, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
21. Storm Runner, Hershey Park
22. Bizarro, Six Flags New England
23. Colossos, Heide Park
24. Batman La Fuga, Parque Warner Madrid
25. Katun, Mirabilandia
26. Great Bear, Hershey Park
27. Skyrush, Hershey Park
28. Batman: The Ride, Six Flags Magic Mountain
29. Nitro, Six Flags Great Adventure
30. Batman: The Ride, Six Flags Great Adventure

Monster is simply a brilliant coaster and is now my favourite B&M Invert (and B&M).

Yesterday, I had some quite disappointing rides on Black Mamba that seemed to lack snappiness and that extra bit of intensity and slight violence. It is still really good and has a surprising amount of airtime, but I am now clueless as to why I moved it to my no.1 spot last year.

I've now separated the Batman Clones because tbf they do give slightly different ride experiences.

Because of these changes, Ispeed, Superman: La Atraccion de Acero and Blue Fire have fallen out of my top 30 :(
 

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2014 Edition

^ Had some good rides on EGF as well I see :--D

Also, what did you think of Chiapas?
 

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2014 Edition

ThomVD said:
^ Had some good rides on EGF as well I see :--D

EGF was running RIDICULOUSLY GOOD. Trims were completely off so twisted hill and the final four delivered insanely strong ejector as well as the first two hills and unbelievably brilliant first drop. SO MUCH BETTER THAN BIZARRO AND SKYRUSH. For me, it is the perfect airtime coaster.

ThomVD said:
Also, what did you think of Chiapas?

OMG Chiapas is amazing <3. We got their at 9am and they opened it early so we got 4 rides on it then, even though it was raining. The theming is great, as is the music. It has pretty much the perfect amount of wetness for the general climate. I love all the fast transitions between turning forwards and backwards. The drop is much better than on your average log flume and only beaten by the one on Ripsaw Falls, but the surprising pop of airtime on the camelback more than made up for that :--D .

I had been following construction for this ride since the beginning and the fact I was sort of spited by it last year made finally riding it even more amazing. As log flumes go, it's definitely the best in Europe and on a par with Ripsaw Falls as my favourite overall.
 

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2014 Edition

CookieCoasters said:
ThomVD said:
^ Had some good rides on EGF as well I see :--D

EGF was running RIDICULOUSLY GOOD. Trims were completely off so twisted hill and the final four delivered insanely strong ejector as well as the first two hills and unbelievably brilliant first drop. SO MUCH BETTER THAN BIZARRO AND SKYRUSH. For me, it is the perfect airtime coaster.

I have nothing to compare it to since I rode it for the first time this summer, but it was running really well for me too. I also had massive ejector on every hill, even the last ones. Glad to hear it's running well this year in general!

CookieCoasters said:
ThomVD said:
Also, what did you think of Chiapas?

OMG Chiapas is amazing <3. We got their at 9am and they opened it early so we got 4 rides on it then, even though it was raining. The theming is great, as is the music. It has pretty much the perfect amount of wetness for the general climate. I love all the fast transitions between turning forwards and backwards. The drop is much better than on your average log flume and only beaten by the one on Ripsaw Falls, but the surprising pop of airtime on the camelback more than made up for that :--D .

I had been following construction for this ride since the beginning and the fact I was sort of spited by it last year made finally riding it even more amazing. As log flumes go, it's definitely the best in Europe and on a par with Ripsaw Falls as my favourite overall.

Yeah, I haven't been on that many log flumes (I'm guessing around 7), but it's easily the best one for me. The only negatives I have is that it wasn't as comfortable as the others. I'm used to having a log for 2 people, and having loads of leg space as well as having no restraints, but here we had to share one with 6 people I think, and my legs are quite long, so it did get a bit uncomfortable. It was also closed for 90% of the two days I was there, which is just Intamin being Intamin I guess. Aside from that, I loved pretty much everything about it, the theming, the drops and the amount of wetness.
 

Maverix

Mega Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2014 Edition

After Kentucky Kingdom today:

1. Intimidator 305
2. Maverick
3. Lightning Run
4. Storm Runner
5. Millennium Force
6. X2
7. Banshee
8. Goliath (SFoG)

9. Thunderhead
10. Diamondback

11. Gatekeeper
12. Manta
13. Tatsu
14. Apollo's Chariot
15. Phantom's Revenge
16. White Lightning
17. Apocalypse/ Terminator
18. Afterburn
19. SheiKra
20. Griffon

New for 2014 in bold.

Holy hell Lightning Run is bonkers...
 

thx

Mega Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2014 Edition

Haven't done a top 10 in a while. It's a bit hard, e.g. as there is a six year gap between riding EGF and Shambhala so I can't really remember how good EGF really was. Project Helix is the only new one to the list for this year.

1. Expedition GeForce
2. Shambhala
3. Project Helix
4. Goliath (Walibi Holland)
5. Superman/la Atraccíon de Acero
6. Colossos (Heide Park)
5. Silver Star
6. Balder
7. Nemesis
8. Thunderbird
9. Dragon Khan
10. Calamity Mine (Walibi Belgium) quite a random choice, maybe it was just the night ride which was great.
 

Hyde

I Lied About My Age!
Staff member
Moderator
Social Media Team
Re: Top 10(ish): 2014 Edition

CookieCoasters said:
Newest addition in bold

1. Intimidator 305, Kings Dominion
2. Expedition GeForce, Holiday Park
3. El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure
4. Goliath, Walibi Holland
5. Monster, Walygator Parc
6. Shambhala, Port Aventura
7. Piraten, Djurs Sommerland
8. X2, Six Flags Magic Mountain
9. Phoenix, Knoebels
10. Helix, Liseberg
11. Montu, Busch Gardens Tampa
12. Tatsu, Six Flags Magic Mountain
13. Nemesis, Alton Towers
14. Alpina Blitz, Nigloland
15. Troy, Toverland
16. Talon, Dorney Park
17. Balder, Liseberg
18. Black Mamba, Phantasialand
19. Manta, Sea World Orlando
20. Griffon, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
21. Storm Runner, Hershey Park
22. Bizarro, Six Flags New England
23. Colossos, Heide Park
24. Batman La Fuga, Parque Warner Madrid
25. Katun, Mirabilandia
26. Great Bear, Hershey Park
27. Skyrush, Hershey Park
28. Batman: The Ride, Six Flags Magic Mountain
29. Nitro, Six Flags Great Adventure
30. Batman: The Ride, Six Flags Great Adventure

Monster is simply a brilliant coaster and is now my favourite B&M Invert (and B&M).

Yesterday, I had some quite disappointing rides on Black Mamba that seemed to lack snappiness and that extra bit of intensity and slight violence. It is still really good and has a surprising amount of airtime, but I am now clueless as to why I moved it to my no.1 spot last year.

I've now separated the Batman Clones because tbf they do give slightly different ride experiences.

Because of these changes, Ispeed, Superman: La Atraccion de Acero and Blue Fire have fallen out of my top 30 :(

I find it very interesting that Monster rates so highly compared to Raptor at CP. In the Mitch Hawker Polls, Raptor holds at 60, while Monster is 39. Admittedly, a lot more folks have ridden Raptor than Monster, which will change the ranking of either coaster based on the sample, but they both should still give the theoretical same ride (Raptor too has stopped braking during the MCBR).
 

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2014 Edition

Hyde said:
I find it very interesting that Monster rates so highly compared to Raptor at CP. In the Mitch Hawker Polls, Raptor holds at 60, while Monster is 39. Admittedly, a lot more folks have ridden Raptor than Monster, which will change the ranking of either coaster based on the sample, but they both should still give the theoretical same ride (Raptor too has stopped braking during the MCBR).

I think I can answer your question. First of all Raptor has a reputation for being the roughest B&M Invert and it is at Cedar Point, the coaster capital of the world meaning it is overshadowed by bigger and/or better coasters such as Maverick and Top Thrill Dragster. Monster on the other hand is at Walygator Park where it is by far the best coaster there since it's only competition is a wooden coaster that is hated by enthusiasts and a Vekoma loopscrew.
 

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2014 Edition

cjbrandy said:
First of all Raptor has a reputation for being the roughest B&M Invert

I hope not. I'd much rather go to Cedar Point, then have to ever step back inside Walygator, ugh :wink:

Is Raptor just rattly or is there a lot of headbanging? I can deal with the latter, with excessive rattling irritates me. Anyways, I'm sure it kicks at least almost as much a$$ as Monster <3
 

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2014 Edition

I would choose a ride on Raptor over a ride on Alpengeist because Raptor looks intense and forceful whilst Alpengeist apparently lacks intensity and I hear that it's cobra roll is vile.
 

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2014 Edition

cjbrandy said:
I would choose a ride on Raptor over a ride on Alpengeist because Raptor looks intense and forceful whilst Alpengeist apparently lacks intensity and I hear that it's cobra roll is vile.

Yeah Alpengeist does lack force if I'm honest. Although, I thought the cobra roll was the best part.
 

Hobbes

Mega Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2014 Edition

^Alpengeist's cobra roll had more force behind it than most of the other elements of the ride, but the transition from the first half loop into the first half corkscrew was far from smooth. It caused some headbanging, especially in the back row.

cjbrandy said:
I think I can answer your question. First of all Raptor has a reputation for being the roughest B&M Invert and it is at Cedar Point, the coaster capital of the world meaning it is overshadowed by bigger and/or better coasters such as Maverick and Top Thrill Dragster. Monster on the other hand is at Walygator Park where it is by far the best coaster there since it's only competition is a wooden coaster that is hated by enthusiasts and a Vekoma loopscrew.
I'm not going to claim to be an expert on voter psychology, but I'm not really sure that being at Cedar Point vs. Walygator really makes a big difference in their ratings. Like Hyde alluded to, it may just come down to the massive difference in the number of riders (40 vs. 228).

And I've never really heard that Raptor is particularly rough. Maybe I've just never noticed it, but it seems like most people say Raptor is just average.
 

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2014 Edition

Hobbes said:
Alpengeist's cobra roll had more force behind it than most of the other elements of the ride, but the transition from the first half loop into the first half corkscrew was far from smooth. It caused some headbanging, especially in the back row.

Yeah, that transition was particularly violent. It was the more the second half corkscrew going into the second half loop that I was referring to.
 

Hutch

Strata Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2014 Edition

I do remember Alpengeist's cobra roll being a bit jerky, but I don't remember any pain, so it was not big deal for me. ;)

As for Raptor vs. Monster, I do remember my one ride on Raptor being quite rattly. I guess Monster is supposedly smoother, but Raptor seems more like a fit location that's nice to look at. Monster doesn't look very pretty.
 

CanobieFanatic

Roller Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2014 Edition

1. Leviathan
2. El Toro
3. Behemoth
4. Bizarro
5. Apollo's Chariot
6. Kingda Ka
7. Yankee Cannonball
8. Verbolten
9. Griffon
10. Alpengeist
 
Top