What's new

Tivoli Friheden Gets Small SBF Visa Spinning Coaster

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Tivoli Friheden in Denmark is apparently getting a new roller coaster this year called "Bisværmen" (Bee-Swarm).
It's one of those small figure-8 spinners from SBF so nothing special at all, although it's been quite a long time since the park last got something of this "caliber" I guess.

They didn't seem to care much for the announcement either, a publication of the top attractions in Denmark went out last week with a concept picture of the new ride but the park still hadn't said a word about it on their webpage or FB-page.
And now it has just appeared on their website with nothing still on the FB-page.
I really wish danish parks would care more about announcing new attractions properly.

Anyways, here it is:

12552796_653933854709665_2259257253958285359_n.jpg

Example of the model:

Compact_spinn_coaster.jpg

Source: http://www.friheden.dk/forlystelser/bis ... qJPhLxeHuU

TilenB

Strata Poster
Another mediocre coaster for a mediocre park (considering what else is in the area). At least a reason to revisit from my point of view...

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ How come understatement? Granted, I didn't visit during the evening when it is supposedly better, but a park that costs 30€+ to enter and can be done in 45 minutes can't be anyhow better than mediocre. Or did I misinterpret your ironic remark? :)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
If something is "an understatement", it means that you haven't gone far enough in the way you've described it, whether positive or negative. Since "mediocre" has negative connotations, calling that an understatement means that you haven't described it in negative enough terms. "Mediocre is an understatement" = It's total s**t.

That'll be £30 for the English lesson. I'll PM you my bank details. :wink:

TilenB

Strata Poster
Oh, pardon me. I've heard some members having some praise to that place and I thought Lofty was on the same silly bandwagon. I do apologise. ;)

_koppen

Hyper Poster
TilenB said:
I've heard some members having some praise to that place

They have a really nice buffé and one of the coolest drop towers in the world. But all in all the place is pretty crappy. They have made many misstakes in adding rides IMO. Both the spinning coaster and the invert could have been much better rides, imagine something like the spinner in BonBon Land and an El Loco instead, both high quality rides that put a smile on your face.

The place is absolutely gorgeous in it's location, but they really need to step up their ride quality for me to want to visit again, unless I go for the atmosphere itself.

I spoke to the boss a few years ago and he told me they wanted to add a standard Maurer Skyloop, which IMO would be another misstake.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Ben said:
Spite, went there last year and had no intention of ever going again xD

I feel you, Ben.

The only memorable rides there were the revamped Haunted House and the fab Technical Park Pegasus (top spin/top scan lovechild).

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
The concept art makes it look way more exciting than it clearly will be.

This is the same as Whirlwind at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach right? They're alright, fun for kids, but of course, it's nothing particularly special, I'm just happy that this is another cred at a park I've never been to so I don't have to 'go back', hehehe.