Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Track work is complete!

298767_139803816123028_115673268536083_115950_1044493567_n.jpg

It'd be great to see a picture of the inline complete. No Swiss or British flags?

Ethan

Strata Poster

They did post a picture from the webcam which shows the whole layout including the in-line, but it's not very clear :(

Ollie

CF Legend

Here's the image of the finished track from the Dev Diary.
387534_139811812788895_115673268536083_115960_644975318_n.jpg

You can just see the in-line in the background although it isn't a very clear shot of it. Click the image to enlarge it.
Looking forward to seeing the themeing coming together now. Although you can see the plane is already starting to go up at the bottom of the drop. :)

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster

I can't believe how quickly this thing went up. It looks like it will be an awesome ride. Look forward to seeing the themeing construction now.

ry1996

Mega Poster

This looks absolouly phenomenal !. I love how the ride flows so well, the layout is amazing love it, and the theming is coming along nicely as well.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Being ignorant to this newish ride type, do they lose pace somewhat drastically? Just seems as if the height of the elements falls a lot sharper than other ride types.

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster

Am really the only one who is actually disappointed with the layout? Looks mega short and a bit meh if I'm honest! :D

Still real excited for it, but yeah...

dominoes

Mega Poster

^ Oblivion is mega short, but it's still awesome... So is Stealth/Rita (which ever you prefer)

Aaron

Hyper Poster
The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Yeah, to be fair it's a lot more substantial than most other recent additions to the parks!

I'm looking forward to seeing the theme develop now, I think it looks great already it should look even better once the theming is in!

Communicating through the ether... (tapatalk)

rich210uk

Mega Poster

Im hearing that the track is now fully complete and the only photo I can find doesnt really show it all. Does anyone know of a birds eye view or a photo of the whole track in view?

T0M

Hyper Poster
The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

It's very underwhelming. I wouldn't shatter your dreams.

rich210uk

Mega Poster

:) I can see the "Webcam" shot and you can see a bit of track but not much, I was just wondering what else there is or is that it!

http://www.theswarm.co.uk/#/DevDiary/

I have to admit and I know they are some big fans but I thought Raptor at GL was just, good. I didnt come away thinking wow that was amazing. In true B&M style it was a great smooth ride but, dare I say it, a little boring. When I saw that TP were putting in the same sort of ride I wasnt initially excited about it. I think the themeing and that first inversion is going to make it interesting.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

I'm hoping this is where it starts getting interesting and it gradually unfolds to reveal the quality of the ride experience and theming.

rich210uk

Mega Poster

^ I think it will be very well themed! Raptor was well themed but from what I have seen in the plans this should be even better! Are they putting in any new flats in the area?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Tom G said:
It's very underwhelming. I wouldn't shatter your dreams.

Yes, seeing a 120ft B&M being built is underwhelming...

Some people are never bloody pleased are they? :roll:

^No flats, there's barely room for the toilets...

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

Underwhelming?

1269259657_omg_cat.gif

^ That's true, but there are plans for a couple of flats on Island A, which should be home to a new major coaster in 2015.

rich210uk

Mega Poster

^No flats, there's barely room for the toilets...

::lol: thats a shame although TP doesnt exactly have much room as it is. They need to get rid of the paddling pool!

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

^ As much as I'd love them to do this, they'd have pretty much nowhere to assemble the Fright Nights mazes, unless they move on to X:\No Way Out pyramid and get rid of the other, but I can't see that happening.

Forgetting the mazes, it would be brilliant if they got rid of Neptune's Kingdom, with the exception of Depth Charge, and built a few flats there. It would definately help control queues and boost the park's capacity at the same time.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Here's som photo's from some different angles:

38086713811437295863911.jpg

32081613811324295875211.jpg

37910013811282629212711.jpg

31608013811237962550511.jpg

31280613811156962558611.jpg

Looks mega if you ask me!

Bentleya

Mega Poster

I'm very much looking forward to riding this in March of next year, I'm not really to bothered about the length on the track as long as it packs a punch and the theming is done well.

But all in all a small but punchy ride and i will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.