What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

ry1996

Mega Poster
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

^ Those done show up, and from what i can see, the lift hill looks great should be completed by the end of the week !

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Sorry about that! I had to post attatchments in the end....should be seeing them now...

However the first pic seems to have gone a bit wierd!?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Try reuploading it. Might just have had a bad day.

Looks good, can't wait to see progress of the first inversion. :D

peep

CF Legend

*Gets all excited*

It's looking so tall already, love it, it's going to be so different to everything else in the UK.

jordypordy11

Mega Poster

^^ I know right :)!

I <3 Thorpe park for investing in one of these, couldn't think of a better ride to fit in at the park!

Ollie

CF Legend

Image taken from the time lapse camera. Clearest shot we've got of the track at the bottom of the drop so far. It's still a bit behind as the lift hill track isn't up in this yet.
308918_126328107470599_115673268536083_86035_2032470002_n.jpg

iblamefish

Roller Poster

Image taken from the timelapse camera at 1pm today. The lift is almost done!

326740_126363187467091_115673268536083_86081_796937861_o.jpg

ry1996

Mega Poster

^ Looks great where is the time lapse camera ?-can you view it ?

Beans

Hyper Poster

The 2nd A-frame for the lift hill is up...an enormous crane is coming tommorow to help put up the 3rd! Will post photos tommorow. WAR IS COMING.

quote from Developers diary

And I am going tomorrow so hopefully some exciting photos

Beans

Hyper Poster

If you look here it tells you

THE SWARM - Developers Diary
We have installed a time-lapse camera for you guys to track the progress of the ride erection. It is a small but expensive (£6000) piece of camera equipment that takes a still photo every 15 minutes. This will look great once its all sped up and played back.

The full version of the video will be available in 2012. For now check out the pictures on this page to track the progress of THE SWARM….WAR IS
COMING!!!!

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster

Beans said:

We have installed a time-lapse camera for you guys to track the progress of the ride erection. It is a small but expensive (£6000) piece of camera equipment that takes a still photo every 15 minutes. This will look great once its all sped up and played back.

The full version of the video will be available in 2012. For now check out the pictures on this page to track the progress of THE SWARM….WAR IS
COMING!!!!

Ah right - just noticed that on the FB Page!

Shame we have to wait 2012 to see a video - I want to watch it as it's built :(

Beans

Hyper Poster

SAW_gameover said:
Beans said:

COMING!!!!

Ah right - just noticed that on the FB Page!

Shame we have to wait 2012 to see a video - I want to watch it as it's built :(

I think they are going to put picture up if you read it closely Matt

"time-lapse camera for you guys to track the progress of the ride erection"

I think this means exactly that, they are going to do updates and post them so the public can see the progress, I don't think I have got that wrong....if your clever you can do your ovwn if you download the pics....obviously won't be as good as the Thorpe one will be next year but it will give you an idea. I have so many Photos now I could do the same but not at such a good angle as there camera.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Looks pretty huge, I fancy this whole area will be quite intimidating.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

The lift is almost done!

Well the 3 lift supports are equally spaced along the lift. So far they're just past the 2nd, so it's just over 2/3s done. This thing is tall (for the UK ;).)

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

The 2nd A-frame for the lift hill is up...an enormous crane is coming tommorow to help put up the 3rd! Will post photos tommorow. WAR IS COMING

Sounding good...now they'll be a giant crane dominating TP!

Looking good as well now! You can clearly see where the 'Thorpe Park inversion' will be and the zero-G...

the king

Mega Poster

As mentioned on another forum, they should top this off tomoz. The plans show that the section built, until now, is that of the last straight section of the lift hill, until it curves towards the barrel roll. Should be interesting to see it completed, and to see the height of that last support.

jordypordy11

Mega Poster

Yeah, there's two more supports to hold the top and the barrel roll, then one more on the way down.
Loving the pace now, the park closes on the 6th of November I think. So track should be pretty much there, if not done.

At least we have, what looks like a promising developer diary..

Just a question, Can't really see it on the plans.. On this picture below, what's the hole underneath the drop? is it where part of the plane is going to go? (Just a question of personal boredom)

326740_126363187467091_115673268536083_86081_796937861_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.