What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Mysterious Sue said:
No one else feel it's a bit disrespectful to have a load of fake crashed planes lying around on virtually the same site?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_European_Airways_Flight_548

There's a good couple of miles between that crash site and Thorpe Park. Being one of the busiest areas of air space in the world I'm not surprised they can find some crashes in the area. I think people are getting hung up on the plane crash thing too much. The theme for the area is post-apocalyptic, not some sort of "Plane-Crash-World" like it's been reported in some articles linked from this thread.

Lofty

CF Legend
Inverse said:
Mysterious Sue said:
No one else feel it's a bit disrespectful to have a load of fake crashed planes lying around on virtually the same site?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_European_Airways_Flight_548

In this respect, do you not think that some stage shows such as Jekyll and Hyde are disrespectful towards people with schizophrenia/mental disorder? OR ANY of The Dungeons attractions seeming to be glorifying hanging/killing people?

I think, things like this need to be done to week the UK out of this horrifying, ridiculous, pathetic PC state it's in!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
People in the UK aren't offended or that into censoring, they are just conditioned to wonder if anyone else is offended, as demonstrated by Sue's post.

I can't help think it's a tad ...dunno, touchy subject, and I wonder why Merlin bothered with the potential hassle at all (I wouldn't) but I don't actually think it's offencive or harmful to anyone with a brain. Few people who remember that incident will even be alive, and fewer still (if any) visitors to the park.

Nic

Strata Poster
Joey said:
I can't help think it's a tad ...dunno, touchy subject, and I wonder why Merlin bothered with the potential hassle at all (I wouldn't)
You know how it is, all publicity is good publicity....

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
There was even a man in a high vis jacket on the island when I went a few weeks ago. Gripping stuff.

So gripping that whenever I saw him from a ride I'd ecstactically shout "LC12!!11!". There's also a random cottage thing in one of the far corners. Go and see it for yourselves, it's astonishing!

Even myself, who doesn't like when people disrespect dead people and accidents and stuff, doesn't find it offensive to have plane crashes as part of the theming for the ride. It'd be different if the ride were themed to plane crashes and were on the very site that the plane went down, but it's not really. I doubt they had any malicious intentions.

Will probably ride this at some point next year, looks good.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Re: LC12 - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

furie said:
p.s. I think it's interesting that this topic is so important not a single person actually made ANY effort to produce a summary and PM me to get the topic unlocked :roll:

Y'know furie, sometimes- I don't believe I know you.

Anyway, once they start building this thing I'm sure this thread will go crazy.

Good times!

Pablo237

Roller Poster
Well this coaster is set to open sometime in 2012. My best guess is that it will open in December of 2012 because the prophecy predicts that is when the world will end.

But if the coaster is going to open in July of 2012 or some other time like that. Then the construction will probably start in Dec 2011. If the Coaster is going to open in Jan 2012, then construction will probably start in 3 months at the most. Maybe sometime after the summer is over like in August. Hopefully my predictions are correct.

I can't wait to see the destruction theming for this ride! Wonder how they will incorporate the "End of the World" theme into these Wing Rider trains!! I wonder what the story will be!!! I can't wait for the soundtrack!!

Let's Discuss!!

Ben

CF Legend
^It'll open in March, like every other coaster Thorpe/Merlin have... ever... opened.

Opening it in December would be a BIT pointless, seeing as the park is shut.

marc

CF Legend
It will test all winter then on opening day will break :)

They have been shopping today to buy the theming, £1.99 at a toy shop :)

01.jpg

Nic

Strata Poster
That would mean that "Ian from Coasterforce" would also have to contribute.

Ah well, perhaps they could use some broken traffic lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.