What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I'm genuinely buzzing... I made no secret of the fact I'd be a little disappointed if it was a B&M Hyper... But only because I didn't think that space would do the type justice...

But a Mack Hyper would be insane... Please let this be true!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So, details so far are: 246 ft tall, inversions, unidentifiable manufacturer, sound comparisons to a coaster in Turkey, opening 2023/4.

Any all the while, remember this is a consultation so may not happen as is presented.

Matt N

CF Legend
So, details so far are: 246 ft tall, inversions, unidentifiable manufacturer, sound comparisons to a coaster in Turkey.
The coaster in Turkey is apparently Hyper Coaster at Land of Legends, which leads me to believe that it may be a Mack Hyper Coaster!

Reactions: Ian

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
So, details so far are: 246 ft tall, inversions, unidentifiable manufacturer, sound comparisons to a coaster in Turkey.
Not sure there are many coasters in Turkey suitable for a noise comparison on a 200ft plus coaster with inversions... Has to be the Mack right?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Right... Back down to earth...

It's important to remember, that this is only the consultation stage, this may never see the light of day...

Also, as far as I can tell, all of these leaks have come from one person at the consultation, they could still be a big elaborate hoax, so bear that in mind...

(I think I'm putting this down in text to calm myself down more than anyone else!!! 🙈🤣🤣🤣)

ScottLann

Mega Poster
All sounding very hopeful and promising! Like Ian stated, this is only at the consultation stage but the fact that Thorpe are hoping to build something like this is indeed a good sign. Bring on the next few years :cool:

emoo

Hyper Poster
Well that was a fun and tense couple of hours. We get to do this all again at 7pm right? Even if only some of the details pan out to reality it actually could be exciting afterall.

A consultation can be a tool to get people used to an idea a company has already made its mind up on, even if they have some hurdles to overcome first. We shall see! At least there is some direction for the upcoming speculation.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
And breathe.

As a local, I attended. I aired a question of concern I had, speaking with a member of the presenting team afterwards.

I will give a brief rundown of what we know. I'll try and post in more detail later.

1. 72m / 236ft high.
2. A proposed layout didn't give anything away in terms of manufacturer.
3. Someone did say "There is a team performing noise surveys on a similar ride in Turkey"
4. The current design suggests a station roughly where the old train station is. It is compact round the Loggers lake.
4a. A "splash zone" overlooking the lake
4b. Possible inversions, but maybe not. Hard to say.
4c. If inversions, then maybe world's tallest inversion is possible.

The general vibe was that people are frustrated with current noise levels and how the park is operating, but don't seem particularly opposed to a new investment.

As I say, I will try and post more later. Please remain calm.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Imagine if all of this consultation is actually a massive ruse by Merlin as a way to introduce the most ambitious Secret Weapon ever, and the first one to grace Thorpe Park.

During the final consultation process, disaster strikes. Excavators are called in to dig beneath the boardroom. You'll NEVER guess what they find...

[LINK]

JuliOverbank

Roller Poster
Is it confirmed to have a lifthill? Otherwise Intamin might still be an option with their two LSM launch coasters in Turkey.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Imagine if all of this consultation is actually a massive ruse by Merlin as a way to introduce the most ambitious Secret Weapon ever, and the first one to grace Thorpe Park.

During the final consultation process, disaster strikes. Excavators are called in to dig beneath the boardroom. You'll NEVER guess what they find...
...But fear not, our restoration team have allowed you exclusive access to the dig site, and have assured us everything is perfectly safe.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
And breathe.

As a local, I attended. I aired a question of concern I had, speaking with a member of the presenting team afterwards.

I will give a brief rundown of what we know. I'll try and post in more detail later.

1. 72m / 236ft high.
2. A proposed layout didn't give anything away in terms of manufacturer.
3. Someone did say "There is a team performing noise surveys on a similar ride in Turkey"
4. The current design suggests a station roughly where the old train station is. It is compact round the Loggers lake.
4a. A "splash zone" overlooking the lake
4b. Possible inversions, but maybe not. Hard to say.
4c. If inversions, then maybe world's tallest inversion is possible.

The general vibe was that people are frustrated with current noise levels and how the park is operating, but don't seem particularly opposed to a new investment.

As I say, I will try and post more later. Please remain calm.
Cheers, Josh.

And there's the burst of reality. If locals are frustrated about noise, it could be a spanner. But hopefully the local council and business will see it as an opportunity for growth and it'll go ahead. As exciting as all this is, there are still some hurdles to jump. (Champagne is on ice, though!)

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Big One is only 235ft if you believe BPB's marketing hype. It's really 213ft.
Haha I know, the PR scam. 😝

this is what I said a while back regarding coatings for projects. Don’t believe it at all because it’s PR spinner figures, not actual figures.
Looking forward to this. Let’s see what it looks like tomorrow on the Thorpe site.