What's new

Thorpe Park | Derren Brown's Ghost Train | VR Attraction

T0M

Hyper Poster
Re: Thorpe Park construction?

Vengeance - it was a '5D' laser shooting cinema ride at London Dungeon - was LOUD. It was like having that old Wakiki Wave Vekoma flat that was at Flamingo Land a a few years back.....in a 30x30ft room. You could hear it several rooms before the ride and several rooms after. Ironically it added to the theatre and generated some elements of fear as the noise alone sort of triggers some sort of human primal instinct to flee.

Lofty

CF Legend

Tiny in comparison with this new building.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

And where exactly would the 30 mil price tag go then? It's certainly not going on the cheap looking facade..

Ethan

Strata Poster

Unless to increase throughput they had multiple Vengeance rides next to each other? Hopefully I'm barking up the wrong tree completely and we never have to see that ride ever again!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Vengeance was absolute turd!
A shooty ride where there's no scoring, little plot and there the incredibly loud noise coming from the functioning of the ride drowns out the video.
To be fair, there's a version at Tusenfryd that's much, much better (with actual scoring and physical things in the room for additional scares, such as bats coming from the ceiling). It's just Thorpe being cheap/unable to do anything decent again.

A twisted part of me really wants them to have pissed 30 mil away on Vengeance though. That would be amazingly funny!

Lofty

CF Legend

Merlin will not deal with Alterface again after the catastrophe of Vengeance.

Lofty

CF Legend

The only coaster they'd be able to fit in a space like this is the likes of RotM (much smaller scale though), or Van Helsing's Factory (I wouldn't complain about a dark ride/coaster though).

EthC

Mega Poster

I haven't got the link as I'm on my phone but runnymeade council have approved these plans so this is hopefully 100% going to go ahead :D

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ Correct, it's been Granted subject to conditions.

http://planning.runnymede.gov.uk/Northg ... I=PLANNING

Hopefully more details will come out now.

Another planning application was placed yesterday to demolish the old Thorpe Farm barn and replace it with a new one. I wouldn't read too much into that.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Hmm, that's unlike Thorpe's PR machine, I thought they'd be pumping for all its worth for the next 14 months.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Maybe, Merlin have finally learnt that they can't keep secrets, and so they're challanging the enthusiast community to find out what it is and take it viral! ;P

marc

CF Legend

Dark rides are easier to hide what's inside, we had no idea what was in Saw until the first people went on it.