What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
As much as I’m very excited to know a date, and it makes a lot of sense as it’s just prior to the May Half Term holidays and the main school trip season. I just really hope it is not in vein, especially seeing that there is only 57 days left till the 24th May, I just fear it is too optimistic, since Hyperia hasn’t even run in anger for the first time yet.

There is still an awful lot of work that needs to be done for the site to be ready, and if there are any delays in commissioning, testing and training process due to teething problems or weather issues, I can see it being pushed back like Legoland’s new coasters. Hopefully this date announcement doesn’t come back to haunt Thorpe.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Yeah it's a brave move to announce an opening date when there's only 1 train currently on park and there's so many variables still to consider. But I guess that's what they've been aiming for for a while.

The hype(ria) train will very much start to roll now. There's already been a buzz just from this announcement. And from there, we're going to get all the things Tonkso mentioned, plus all of the social media milking they're bound to do. It should be a fun couple of months.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
As much as I’m very excited to know a date, and it makes a lot of sense as it’s just prior to the May Half Term holidays and the main school trip season. I just really hope it is not in vein, especially seeing that there is only 57 days left till the 24th May, I just fear it is too optimistic, since Hyperia hasn’t even run in anger for the first time yet.

There is still an awful lot of work that needs to be done for the site to be ready, and if there are any delays in commissioning, testing and training process due to teething problems or weather issues, I can see it being pushed back like Legoland’s new coasters. Hopefully this date announcement doesn’t come back to haunt Thorpe.
Yeah it's a brave move to announce an opening date when there's only 1 train currently on park and there's so many variables still to consider. But I guess that's what they've been aiming for for a while.

The hype(ria) train will very much start to roll now. There's already been a buzz just from this announcement. And from there, we're going to get all the things Tonkso mentioned, plus all of the social media milking they're bound to do. It should be a fun couple of months.
I thought the same... 2 months isn't as long as it sounds. It's doable, for sure, but requires a lot of pieces to fall into place.

Put it this way, I booked the premier Inn rooms on Flex!