What's new

Thorpe Park 2021 Coaster Concept

Ethan

Strata Poster
I doubt anybody will read this, but for the last month or so I've been working on a little project whenever I had the time. This is my first attempt at custom scenery from Sketchup and Photoshop into Nolimits 2.

This coaster isn't what I think will be coming to the park, just what I wish would be built! Ever since riding Taron, I have a little obsession with Multi-Launch Coasters. 'Iron Horse' tells the story of an Outlaw who creates a horse of metal that can run faster than any horse before. I've designed the station and surrounding buildings to fit the Old Town theme, but with a little Steampunk twist, similar to Time Traveller at SDC.

Using Google Maps, I've tried to design the coaster around the lake, following a similar path to Loggers Leap. It features three LSM launches, the fastest being 67mph. There's also a double drop in the final part of the coaster, roughly where the final drop on Loggers Leap is today. This was meant as a little homage to the ride, because we all miss it </3

Height- 151ft
Speed- 67mph
Length- 4900ft
Launches- 3

Here's a bit of artwork that I made to show the front of the ride buildings, which house the ride entrance, first LSM launch, the station, part of the queue line, and the ride photo kiosk.

nohSasm.jpg

I know it would have been better if I posted development screenshots and the like, but to be honest I didn't have the time! I created a POV video, too.

The editing isn't perfect, and it's my first attempt at using Premiere Pro, so it's a little shabby and basic. Hope that whoever reads this enjoys it!

Dar

Hyper Poster
I always marvel at the patience it takes to put something like this together, I get to supports and move on! I like the colour scheme a lot too.

The modelling looks amazing, to my basic goon eyes, it really works with the layout rather than just being "there" while the ride happens around it.

Well done! :D
(Sorry if that sounds patronising, I can't tell)

Ethan

Strata Poster
Not patronising at all, thank you so much those are really kind words! Are you still an active NL2 user yourself, then? :)

Climb

Mega Poster
I really like this idea and concept and I particularly love the design work you've done on this:
nohSasm.jpg

Ethan

Strata Poster
Thank you for the kind words, I really do appreciate it! If anyone does have any ideas for a new project or anything, I'd love to hear them!