What's new

Thorpe is MORE expensive than Brighton Peir FACT.

Steven

Giga Poster
On Friday the 3rd of April here are the ride count lists in a day starting at 10am.

Dad

Queue at entrance 1 hour+ for tickets.
10 min queue to argue fast track not going on SAW and the fact SAW is running low capacity all day. :evil:
3 hours yes thats 3 hours and 10 minuets plus three break downs including a car swap to get on SAW.
Toilet.
KFC.
Bounce Back Tickets which where a pain to get only annual passes issuing them today.
SAW just over 2 hours at end of day.

Steven

Queue at entrance 1 hour+ for tickets.
10 min queue to argue fast track and the fact SAW is running low capacity all day. :evil:
3 hours yes thats 3 hours and 10 minuets plus three break downs including a car swap to get on SAW.
Toilet.
KFC.
Log Flume, 30 minuets which over the Tannoy came "Who is enjoying there day at Thorpe?" People did cheer but when I came off it is not often I give a verbal going over at a non-management member of staff but that deserved it. It got going when she said "Oh its a new ride expect it."
Rumba Rapids 30 minuets.
SAW just over 2 hours at end of day.

So as you can see not a good day and by my calculations.
Dad 2 rides. £8 on B'ton Pier = £16 Thorpe 2 rides = £35 or bogof = £17.50. Difference £19 or £1.50
Steven 4 rides £8 on B'ton Pier = £34 Thorpe 4 rides = £35 or bogof = £17.50. Difference £1 or £16.50 in Thorpe's favor.

I did see Infernus end of day. Made me smile after a hellish queue day.
But SAW is a good ride though a bit forceful. I give it an 7.

Ollie

CF Legend
The spelling and punctuation in that is awful Steven. You can't even spell pier right in the topic title.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
An amazing report that I understood every word of. :roll:

So basically you're saying that you went to Thorpe, wasn't impressed, bitched a little and went home?

Steven

Giga Poster
Yeh pretty much but I'm going to take it one stage further. I am not posting much until I calm down after today. Can't spell for **** when I'm pissed.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Urgh, don't value everything with ride count. For example, one go on (for example) Stealth is worth a thousand goes on Turbo at Brighton imo.

You really are an A grade goon.

Steven

Giga Poster
Well when you drive 1 hr up there kinda pisses you off when you have only 1 x2 decent rides in a day = to a day out at Brighton. I am including fuel and wear and tear on car.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If anybody is near Eastleigh at the moment, please could they stop by and punch me? I need to know that I'm actually reading this **** for real. Thanks.

Ollie

CF Legend
Lol I reckon for every goon moment like this Steven does he should be banned for a week to let the forums calm down for a bit or it will give newcomers the wrong impression.

Jake

Strata Poster
Shush, Brighton is fab.

The pier is terrible value for money, but hey, if idiots like us didn't pay the outrageous prices then they wouldn't be able to charge them. Fair play...

marc

CF Legend
Whats funny is a mate went today and rode Saw 5 times are the park was not busy and the longest he queued for it was 45 mins.

3 hour queue you say? where were you queuing from? Alton?

Emmett

Giga Poster
Wheres the Brighton report? The things people have to do to get their Thorpes reports looked at. :lol:

Steven

Giga Poster
southend_marc said:
Whats funny is a mate went today and rode Saw 5 times are the park was not busy and the longest he queued for it was 45 mins.

So you go sat and ride it more lucky ****. I always pick wrong days, I failed again.