What's new

This could be Rotterdam, or anywhere...

nadroJ

CF Legend
A few months ago a few of us decided that the end of April we would visit France and go ride Alpina Blitz as well as a bunch of other French creds. This feel through due to people's work places being poo, so seeing as Conor and I already had the time off we decided to make use of it by getting more creds elsewhere. We decided upon Holland and Belgium!

*disclaimer* all of our devices died before we got to the first parks so there's no photos for the first part of this TR*

We did the usual airport faff (randomly at Heathrow, cheap BA flights yay <3) and arrived at just before 10 in Rotterdam airport, which has some of the happiest and politest staff I've ever come across! Our hire car was a nifty little Fiat 500 whose engine growl would do best to convince you otherwise; I loved her!

First up was Drievliet. I was going to do this park last on our first day but Nic convinced me otherwise. I'm SO glad we did the parks this way around. You have to drive THROUGH an industrial estate to get to the Drievliet car park, which was empty apart from 5 massive school buses (a sign of things to come). We payed the extortionate entrance fee and headed straight for Formule X, my 500th cred! Upon joining the queue we soon realised that we stuck out like sore thumbs as we were the only adults riding anything. There were adults in the park, but they had all seemingly paid €30 to sit on benches and drink coffee. Madness.

Formule X
Firstly, this ride supposedly has a really catchy theme tune. All I heard was annoying Euro-trance style music, with a severe lack of the EuroVision style fables I'd been told to expect. Our first go was in the middle of the trains, the ride was a walk-on with the same group of 12 year old boys riding it all day. The rolling launch was really great but it seemed to lose all of its speed in the first element. It has some good hang time if you like that sort of thing (I don't) and a few violent pops of airtime. It is very compact and relentless, a really great little thrill ride if you like burst after burst of force. It was a bit sickly for me to re-ride more than 3 times but a great little coaster nonetheless. I could also do without the Formula 1 noises but what are you going to do.

*Imagine a photo fo me holding a '500' sign outside of the entrance to Formule X*

Mine train thing
The cool mine train was up next. Something we quickly noticed about Drievliet is that the rides are fairly well themed. Actualy effort has been put in to create some sort of style which is weird for the type of park it is (see: concrete flat with rides chucked down). We chose to ride in the back row because we're goons and had to wait bloody ages for the other stupid children to make their way up the ride queue and onto the bloody thing. It was faster than I expected, a very good mine train considering it was a powered affair.

Wild Mouse
I can't be sure but I think this was a bigger Wild Mouse than usual? Either way it was the usual crap. The ride op had a cool beard.

The park has no themed areas as such but more themed rides. The log flume, of the travelling variety. has a jungle theme which again was quite well-maintained and nice. The top of the flume offered lovely views of the local petrol station, which is always a plus. Again, standard ****.

There was a ghost train next door, which I love, so we hopped on. The theming on the outside (again, in the above average category) suggested good things were to come. It lied. The ghost train was really boring, the effects were too slow to do any scaring and the ride made no bloody sense. I was more scared by the ogress of a ride op who looked like she needed some serious grooming doing *shudder*

There were some dodgems, a pirate ship and a 4D cinema, but we couldn't really be bothered so we went to get the last cred, Twistrix.

Twistrix
It's a weird spinning coaster themed to owls in your garden or something! Surprisingly a lot more spiny and fun than it lets on. It also had a soundtrack that sounded like the summertime one from RCT <3

There was some cute farm themed stuff including a singing barn, doodle-doo-derby, slides and a fab tractor ride where the farm animals were hitching a ride of the roof of the vehicles, adorbzzzz <3 The slides were crap and slow which was disappointing.

We had a few more goes on Formule X, a quick slide down the water slides, Conor rode the tentacle themed afterburner and we sashayed away. Annoyingly, the tat shop was closed and we had paid €7 for parking only to find that the barrier had been left up. Burden.

OH! I forgot, when we went to pay we tried using our cards, all of which are Visa. The woman behind the desk told us that they don't use Visa in Holland and we would have to find an alternative way of paying. Luckily for us we had some cash but seriously, how retarded is that? It became a bit of a running joke that they don't accept Visa in Holland, hilarious to us but bewildering to those whom were taking our payments.

Overall thoughts
Drievliet is weird. In photos it looks nice, and that is because on their own the rides are nicely themed. It's the in-between that's a bit gross. Loads of concrete, and despite making an effort with trees and grass and benches and stuff it can't help but feel rough around the edges, which makes sense for a park built at the back of an industrial estate. Also, it was really hot but the city was really smoggy which I think put an extra layer of dreariness over the place. Not nice.

However, the day was about to take a turn for the awesome as we headed for Duinrell! One of my new favourite parks because it's just so fab and gorgeous and yay!

We drove for a while past loads of lovely posh houses in the woods, and it was a glorious sunny day so the sunlight was making the trees look extra green, like a Centre Parcs brochure. Duinrell is in fact a holiday park with caravans, a water park and the amusement park itself. It's lovely, very quaint, like being in a big back garden of a stately home or something. The first area you come to is over water and had loads of little do-it-yourself attractions, such as nautic jets, a drop tower, a pull-yourself-across boat, a waterfall, rowing boats and peddle-go-karts. All of this is surrounded by castle theming and it's just joy inducing. I was excited to see the waterfall so we grabbed ourselves some tea trays and did that first. Bloody terrifying, although not as much as the one at Oakwood.

We then had a little mince around the castle bit, which had lots of little animatronic scenes, sort of like a small scale of the fairytale forest at Efteling. They even had a pooping donkey, but it was broken =[[

We realised we were a bit starving, so went in search of food. Theme park food is usually less than desirable so I was a bit annoyed at myself for not realising we were hungry between parks, but we found a fab little grab-things-and-put-them-on-a-tray style cafeteria that seem to be the done thing in a lot of European parks and had a nice little lunch that wasn't too unhealthy (banana, strawberry smoothie, sausage roll and a strawberry tart), much better than the deep fried offerings of most places. We sat on benches that overlooked a massive kids play park and munched away listening to the sounds of long forgotten 90s boy band hits (as in, not the ones everyone knows, but the weird b-side tracks that you mysteriously find yourself knowing the words to).

The coasters/other rides are all crammed in a clearing in the corner surrounded by dense forest on all sides. It looked spectacular and was a really pleasant environment to be in. First up was the Tivoli thing, whose station was in a giant greenhouse. It had minimal vibrating bottomyness.

Following this we did the Gerst mine train Dragon Fly. I think these are really dull and cross over themselves too many time, but Conor seemed to like it and the trains are really comfortable. I also love the way the park uses neutral colours and paints the supports to blend in with the natural surroundings. Yay!

Lastly we did Falcon which is a clone of Rage at Southend. Personally I prefer Falcon purely because of the setting. As a ride it rode no differently apart from maybe being slightly less jolty.

I was a tad upset to see that the frisbee and the topspin (both painted with wood effect) were both down for the day, as both are rare flat rides that I enjoy. Instead we went on the weird splash boats, that had the option of being covered or not. Despite the weather, we chose the covered variety because I've never done one before. It was so so strange, like being in a car and driving downhill into a massive puddle. The uncovered boats were weird too, and had these big waterproof sheets that you could pop your head out of whilst riding. So basically, only your head and face would get soaked? Very odd indeed.

We didn't fancy re-riding anything so instead joined the burdens queue for the bobsled, which I had been informed were fairly epic. I think we queued about 40 minutes in the end, which wasn't too bad I guess. One child came off bleeding profusely from the ear, so I was a bit nervous to say the least. The bobsled was really good, I always get too scared and up up braking because i think I'm going to fall off and die though which always annoys me.

We then got some change sorted for the nautic jets, which cheekily charged €1 per go. So worth it though, they're hilarious fun. I was really nervous to ride these as they just seem so so sketchy and unsafe. They were brilliant though, I wish I had a video =[[ Makes me extra sad that the ones at Wicksteed got spited!

After gaffing about a bit more on the do-it-yourself stuff we decided to call it a day. We were approaching 36 hours without sleep and with a 2 hour drive ahead that was more than enough.

Overall thoughts
I adored the park. I'm glad we visited on such a gorgeous day because it really did bring out the best of the place. It annoys me that we don't have more places like this in the UK because we definitely have more than enough foresty areas. It was beautiful, clean, pleasant, the staff were nice, the rides were fun and I'm so glass we ended our day there rather than at dreadful Drievliet.

peep

CF Legend
Nice report. I quite like Drievlet, there's something about it which I find really nice. Most of the rides never used to be themed, they went to Joravision and used their 'pimp your ride' service for pretty much everything :p

I still haven't been to Duinrell but really want to get there, looks like a lovely park with a decent selection of attractions.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

nadroJ

CF Legend
The 2 hour drive to Brussels turned into 4 hour drive because of traffic on the Antwerp ring road. Burden. By the time we arrived at our hotel we were irked and tired and smelly and hungry. And it was one of those unmanned hotels where if you have any questions or requests, well, tough ****, you get what you're given! It wasn't that bad actually. We got washed, got changed, had some wifi (€5, burn) and headed into town to the Hard Rock Cafe as we always do.

Brussels is pretty.

We crashed pretty hard, had a good nights sleep and headed to Walibi Belgium in the morning.

1010371_10152399797439855_3323926558603043821_n.jpg

This is a park I know relatively well because of RCT. In reality it's a lot more dull. As I have expressed many a time on this forum, I'm not a fan of the 'Walibi' branded stuff, I think it's tacky and gross, and seeing it executed in real life confirms this hatred. It's vulgar and like a childs comic book. Which is what it's supposed to be, so bravo, you have pleased the curries on the internet at least. As we approached the entrance the place looked rammed so we treated ourselves to some fast passes. Turns out the crowds lasted about an hour then everything was walk on all day.

1459718_10152399797669855_7331874298481472866_n.jpg

We skipped the creds at the entrance and headed straight into the Western area to the Runaway Train. I love Vekoma mine trains, I think they're fab and immersive and they're usually really long. Calamity Mine is no different. Stupidly long ride, some water effects, lots of tunnels and fountains and lift-hills. Yay. Could've done with a soundtrack but what are you going to do.

10277790_10152399801434855_1146928584584360967_n.jpg

We skipped the drop tower because I'd rather not and headed around the corner, past a lot of nothing, arcade games and a dodgems, some more nothing and then came to the kiddie cred. Yay, cred! We joined the queue and the ride-op went "English?" We said "Yes", then he proceeded to explain in Belgian how we couldn't ride without a child. We protested and he eventually let me ride whilst Conor stood to one side and shamed me.

1385284_10152399798679855_5208954684256795865_n.jpg

Hiding in the back corner near this cred is a fab dark ride called something like The Curse of Tutankhamun. It was SO GOOD. So unexpected considering the blandness of the park so far. Loads of animatronics, good shooting system, good ride system and, best of all, FIRE!! Really a lot of fun.

10167995_10152399799089855_6104108757288881591_n.jpg

10291313_10152399799274855_2331086716157813531_n.jpg

10156035_10152399799489855_3398618396509115741_n.jpg

We headed to Psyke Underground next and joined the 5 minute queue. It actually turned out to be 15 mins, burden! At least we had an annoying soundtrack to listen to. Behold:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdEYQlmPzYE[/youtube]

1422628_10152399802869855_6352744089148670258_n.jpg

Yeah, it's really bad but stupidly catchy. Urrrgghhh. Anyway, the station theming is really nice, there's a fab little pre show thingy with some of the characters that they'll try and sell to you in plush form later in the day and then WHOOOSSSHHHHH! Fab intense launch, random projection, loop-de-loop, strobes, spike, backwards. It's really really good fun and probably the only thing worth re-riding in the whole park.

I think the rapids were next. I laughed because they were putting children in life-jackets. There is a reason for this. The rapids are stupidly violent. A girl in our boat was thrown from her seat twice. I wouldn't mind but there's no need for it, you don't even get wet. Big, boring, slow, violent rapids. What the ****?

A madhouse themed to a genie was next. I always enjoy these because I love watching people's faces who haven't been on one before. There was a woman gripping on for her life and screaming the whole way around. I love the slanted floor effect too as you exit, it really served to continue the effect of the ride through until the rider has actually exited the attraction. Fun.

We were then hungry and went to grab some food at the nearest place. Bad idea, the food looked rancid. Best wait until something better appears (it wouldn't). The Boomerang, Cobra, was next. It was dull, as always. Meh, +1.

Hunger had really taken a hold by now so we searched around for something vaguely resembling food. We should be so lucky. We ended up paying close to £20 for two baguettes filled with chips, mayonnaise (of course) and some sort of meat. I chose sausage, because you can't really go wrong with sausage. Conor had a 'Mexican' which turned out to be a gross processed spicy 'burger'. It was really quite vile =/

We then did Loup-Garou. Everything had gone down to 5 minute queues, yay! We got back row of this woodie and set off. It was fun! Or it would have been had my knees not been smashed into the restraint at every turn. It's annoying because the ride isn't rough, but it was really hard to relax and enjoy when I was having to brace to stop the pain.

Vampire, the SLC, is pretty much right next door to the woodie so we climbed on board. The setting of this cred is really cool, you go over a Transylvanian style drawbridge with atmospheric music playing and up into the castle that houses the station. Only to find it is playing the naff cheesy Euro-pop music found throughout the park. What?! Stupid park. Anyway, I was excited to ride this as Sue had said that it was a really enjoyable SLC. She lied. It was rough and so jolty and head-banging, even at the very front. Urgh.

It was now about 2. We sighed, shrugged our shoulders and decided to go re-ride some stuff, as well as take a ride on the log flume. It was crap, despite being massive and quite well themed.

The rest of the day consisted of a few re-rides on the better coasters, had a wander around the tat shops and finally decided to call it a day.

Overall thoughts
The park is just SO bland. Everything was either crap or meh, apart from the snooty dark ride and Psyke Underground. I wouldn't ever go back, there's nothing there worth the trip in my opinion.

nealbie

CF Legend
Love the topic title. But we all know it couldn't be Liverpool as Connor is far too narrow minded on the subject! :lol:

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Love the report so far!

I'm gonna do Drievliet and Duinrell in the same day when I go there in July. Can't see myself spending more than an hour or two in Drievlet - it is very weird with that in-between bit that just doesn't fit in the the rest of the park. Duinrell sounds fab though, can't wait to go there!

Walibi Belgium was OK operations wise when I went there, but it is a very bland park. They've had no stand out new coaster for 14 years now (Vertigo DOES NOT COUNT because about 3 people rode it before they removed it). And although the woodie isn't bad, the Schwarzkopf is good, the dark ride is fun and the mine train is decent, everything else just lets the place down. It could be so much better than it is, and that really winds me up. And I hate the new mascots with a passion. On the plus side you got the kiddy cred! That would be the only reason I go back there as I missed it last time I went.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
nadroJ said:
The setting of this cred is really cool, you go over a Transylvanian style drawbridge with atmospheric music playing and up into the castle that houses the station. Only to find it is playing the naff cheesy Euro-pop music found throughout the park. What?! Stupid park.

Ugh, what a waste of a castle theme. <//3

Great report, I'd not heard of Duinrell before reading this but it sounds so fab that I really want to go there now!

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Great to see Conor in shorts...need more flowers though ;)

Walibi Belgium is one of those parks I REAAAAAALLY want to visit. It just looks great. Fab report :)

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
To be fair the theming does look ' **** ****' ;) but it just looks like a tacky park...and I really like them :p

But like Pleasure Island I suppose, everything you said there is what I'd say about Pleasure Island but I like it because of that haha

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
See I really liked Walibi Belgium, but then I don't mind the characters and the cheesy europop so perhaps that helps.

Such a shame Vampire was rough for you. We rode it first thing in the morning and it was smooth as glass. Never seen goons run to the back row of an SLC for a re-ride before!

Loup Garou is turd on a stick though.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's really odd reading trip reports of places I first heard about 7 years ago and people raved about. I think Walibi Belgium is one that is quite stark.

In the last 7 years, not only have people become much better travelled, but the industry has moved on quite significantly. What was a "great undiscovered coaster" (LG) just a few years old then, is now completely out of date and "old".

It shows how a park must really keep on its toes in an international arena. WB is probably still okay as a local park and can survive fine with the local custom, but on the world stage, it's being left behind (or that's the impression I get).

It's great they've made a lot of effort to bring it all up to scratch, but it's straining a little from what I can see.

I agree with Sue and others that these parks can often have a certain charm or character that can hit the right spot with the right people, but it's absolutely amazing looking at the bigger picture how far things have moved on everywhere else from when I first read about these places.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I think you've really hit the nail on the head there furie. 5-10 years ago it was probably an international-league park, but it has been left to stagnate for too long. Hopefully the introduction of the new characters/lands across the chain and the re-theme of Turbine are a step in the right direction, but as you say, do seem a rather strained attempt to bring it back to life.

I can't imagine deterioration has anything to do with me disliking Loup-Garou though. It was poorly paced, had zero airtime and the restraints were DISGUSTING. Such a disappointment (as I'm secretly a bit of a Vekoma fan..did I just say that out loud?).

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Damn, I've been outed!
Their mine trains <3 Colorado Adventure <3 <3 <3
Their indoor pleasant breeze coasters (with the exception of X:/wtf) <3 <3 <3
They are just good solid rides that are the basic bread and butter of any park. None of that fiddle-arsing-about-S&S-malarkey. Non of that break-down-ever-five-minutes-crap-from-new-Gerstlauer-stuff.

Back on topic...Loup-Garou was turd.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I wouldn't say my problem with the park lay solely with the characters, but they definitely added to it.

My problem was that, for a supposedly leading European park, they didn't have a stand out attraction that I would travel again to ride, and I feel like that is a massive issue for a park of Walibi Belgium's calibre.

I also love Vekoma Sue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nadroJ

CF Legend
Bellewaerde

We left Walibi Beligum about 3.30pm just as some heavy rainclouds were forming. It pissed down the entire way to our next B&B, which turned out to be the house from the Human Centipede. The landlord was a bit……odd, and used the word ‘please’ in entirely the wrong context all the time:

“Hello, please”

“this is your room please”

“here are you eggs, please”

10245442_10152399804284855_8040281791210169926_n.jpg

Totally hilarious but proper creepy at the same time. The B&B was fab though, our room had a sauna in it <3

10170712_10152399803844855_1535821283287989266_n.jpg

The creepy landlord mentioned something about there being a fair in town, so we headed straight in as we were in need of food anyway. The fair was weird, it was sort of dotted around all over town as a celebration of the town itself. Cute. Anyway, trust us to stay in the town where there were 2 bonus creds! Or there would be if I counted travelling creds. Which I don’t. I took some photos to appease you lot anyway.

10320545_10152399803869855_4865894167492286092_n.jpg

10245539_10152399803344855_8803170760071502901_n.jpg

1538815_10152399803374855_8573801643286047137_n.jpg

10155977_10152399803449855_2315648677339340654_n.jpg

10314586_10152399803454855_1087067153373402794_n.jpg

The fair was quite fab, loads of rides, mixture of adult thrill rides, kiddie rides and a **** load of games. We spent loads of time on a 2p machine and cleared it out completely so that the man had to come and reset it ha <3 Was a really fun night.

After the disappointment of Walibi, and the fact that nobody really raves about it, I wasn’t expecting much from Bellewaerde. Turns out that’s the best way to approach these places because I ended up loving it. We were ushered in the back entrance which lead us to believe that the park would be busy today (turns out we were right). Bellewaerde has free wifi hot spots, hooray! So forward thinking, instant love <3 

10269618_10152399804624855_3760233183196332895_n.jpg

1907616_10152399804564855_5406237103726022610_n.jpg

The lion mascot was hanging around the entrance so we had a quick photo before moving on into the Mexico area. I’m assuming this is all either new for 2013 alongside Huracan or it has received extensive retheme work, because it looks immaculate. Really really great looking area, and you can see compared to the area around the Boomerang what a difference there is in the levels of attention to detail etc.

10262254_10152399804749855_3168287809543101890_n.jpg

10295706_10152399804989855_3949294362853072131_n.jpg

So of course we jumped straight into the queue for Huracan. It’s quite cool, sort of like being in a mine going inside the temple or something? It did get a little repetitive and would have benefitted massively from some relief from the monotony of wooden panels and perhaps a little music/sound effects, but you really can’t fault it. Going into the station things only get more impressive. Huge elaborate theming with atmospheric blue lighting and fab Mexican dragon style trains. Fab fab fab.

10308370_10152399805239855_3752500036315825206_n.jpg

So, the ride. The first bit is kind of like a dark ride into the temple, with more Mexican god theming, cool blue and orange lighting, water and fog effects. Then it all goes a bit downhill into the main coaster section. It’s impressive that they have an on ride audio system that was really complimentary to the experience as a whole, but this whole section is in complete darkness, real cred-in-a-shed style. It’s such a drastic difference from the first section that is extensively themed. At least some lighting or some cut outs or something. A bit disappointing to be honest. As a rollercoaster it’s fun enough, lots of ground hugging twists and turns providing some fun forces.

Next up was a ride type that has constantly evaded me, the topple tower! Every park I’ve been to that has had one has either removed it shortly before my visit or it has been down when we’re there. They’re a bit dull in reality, but provide a good spectator attraction.

10252104_10152399805319855_3787990003447015545_n.jpg

The other creds are at this end of the park too, in yet another Vekoma Boomerang and Zierer Tivoli. The queues were really quite long at this point so we decided to come back to these later.

We gradually made our way around the park, taking in some of the zoo bits, grabbing an overpriced park branded eclair and generally having a mooch. The park was getting busy at this point so we decided to lump it and join a queue for something. This turned out to be what I initially thought would be a Jungle Cruise rip-off ride. Turns out it was, but with real animals, a **** load of water effects, elaborate sets, animatronics and fog. Totally unexpected and really really good fun. If the queue had been shorter I would have reridden. Fab.

10270491_10152399805434855_4297098099443426828_n.jpg

10253952_10152399805889855_2181651852112578179_n.jpg

10259999_10152399806224855_2769024636330867438_n.jpg

10314733_10152399806269855_1405292879502207587_n.jpg

10154269_10152399806374855_5223536146748421220_n.jpg

Bellewaerde have an alarming attraction where they shove you in a tin can train and drive you through their lion and tiger enclosures. Excellent. In reality it’s a bit dull as the cats are more than likely going to be lounging about as zoo animals do, but it’s still a cool concept.

10172754_10152399807774855_6717758532819012446_n.jpg

The park had a fab looking rapids with an Asian jungle theme (a trend in Belgium it seems) and the kind of boats that sit really low in the water and kind of - split, to accommodate waves. They’re a really fun ride, but don’t really get you wet. It was a meandering kind of rapids, a little bit slow but very realistic in terms of being most like an actual rapids experience. They looked fairly cool too, with various temples with waterfalls and buddha statues and stuff. 

In the far corner of the park in another cluster of rides in an area themed to Canada, with the signature ride being a big shoot-the-chute. There was a smallish shot tower so we jumped on that first. It was such a surprise, a really intense launch with some lovely airtime both up and down the tower, and a light floaty drop on the way down. We both loved it.

I was then trying to decide whether to get on the water ride. I really love this kind of ride but hate getting completely drenched, After assessing the level of wetness the ride provided I decided this was acceptable and climbed on board. It was a standard shoot-the-chute with medium levels of wetness and a harsh stop at the bottom of the drop. But it looks REALLY cool. Impressive.

1549372_10152399809454855_8506949135557361122_n.jpg

After this we grabbed a hot dog that had been cooked on a BBQ style grill and sauntered back over in the direction of the other creds. We joined the queue for the log flume first, whose queue was a wifi hot spot, yay. The flume is well themed in the way it is hidden from view for the most part with the drop as a point of interest, but it’s a pretty standard affair in terms of flume rides.

The longest queue of the day was up next, with an hour for the Zierer Tivoli. Burn. At least we got front row and the standard two laps.

We then rounded the corner to the Boomerang which seemed to boast a queue with similar levels of vileness but turned out to be only about 20 minutes. It was probably one of the smoothest ones I’ve ever ridden and the outside of the station was quite well themed to some sort of Mexicanish temple.

10253805_10152399810659855_6085166020402845846_n.jpg

1002675_10152399810669855_2410150369625427857_n.jpg

We rounded off the day with a re-ride on Huracan which had a little bit more of a queue this time, and which had grown more intense over the course of the day. I much preferred my second ride but still feel the shed-of-darkness could do with a little oomph.

10171737_10152399811129855_1338182912084867864_n.jpg

Overall thoughts

I was really impressed with the effort Bellewaerde appear to put into their attractions. Everything was pleasant, the attractions all had something good about them and the zoo/theme park bits blended really well. I hope to see this park continue to invest, I would definitely revisit this park. Wonderful.

The next day we did some touristy bits in Bruges and headed home.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Hehe we got the Eliot cred in Belgium last year. So cute. Did they have the crazy break dance at the fair where they let you stand up?!

I really liked Bellewarde, it's the right mix of zoo and theme park. Just glad you didn't go on a hot summers day and experience being cooked in both the corregated metal shed that is the Hurucan queue and the metal train through the lion enclosure.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^There was a breakdance but we didn't do it because fair rides are gross. I don't think I saw it go around actually. I watched the afterburner though, it was HUGE!