What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyn B

CF Legend
DSC_7462.jpg

As has been said before, there are no kicker wheels at the top of that lift, so I get the impression that the train will go up there reasonably quick.

jacoaster

Roller Poster
The capacity is one thing I'm a little worried about as the trains (or cars?) probably won't be able to leave the station until the previous one has left the indoor section. That means it'll have to wait for at least a couple of minutes I'd say. It'll all depend on the length of the indoor sequence.

Jools

Giga Poster
^ Yeh I was going to say, where did the rumour about same capacity as corkscrew and 2 trains come from?

Brookes

Giga Poster
Went yesterday and a lot is up now. From Rita you can see the bit in the woods which looks fantastic, especially the bit where there is like an overbank then a quick transition of banking. They have done quite a lot in the woods and I am really looking forward to this. But I saw Shawn Sanbrooke standing there talking to ride-ops about it arghh!

Ollie

CF Legend
^Just a bit through the trees. :p
It's looking really good. The layout is nice and twisty and it'll be fun going past the trees although I doubt they'll be as close as Treetops. :p
But I guess this layout all depends on how fast the train goes because if it takes it too slow then it won't be very thrilling but also if it's a family ride then I guess it can't go too fast either.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Martyn B said:
DSC_7462.jpg

As has been said before, there are no kicker wheels at the top of that lift, so I get the impression that the train will go up there reasonably quick.

In the same way that Vekoma junior coasters must fly up the lift? :p

p3338.jpg

Whilst a fast lift would be great, and it seems quite likely for the first lift hill, I can't see the lift into the building being very fast, as the corner that follows is unbanked and leads straight into the transfer section. As well as this you'd be entering the building which *hopefully* will have lots of theming to be observed so you won't want to be flying around there!

I think all that can be confirmed from that second lift is multiple car trains, but I guess that was a given :)

trav

Mega Poster
I'm going back to the name issues for just a second.

Unless it's actually been confirmed somewhere and I've missed it, I really doubt it'll be called 'Surrender'. The slogan is 'Surrender to the Demon of the Dark Forest' or something like that. I shall now bring up a golden oldie, 'Sit back, it's fright time'. Now, that slogan doesn't include the name of Alton's most beloved coaster, so why does this slogan have to have the name of it?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Re: Surrender (Alton Towers)

KieranHowellsOakwood said:
i was just looking at RCDB and i have looked at this new coaster and supposedly its been Surrender.

http://www.rcdb.com/4463.htm

If you would like to look x

Crud. If I'd seen this earlier, I could have asked Duane over dinner on Friday.

From the conversations with him over the past 7 or 8 years though, he tends to never put a name on anything until it has been announced by the park and is 100% confirmed.

But he's got a deliciously twisted sense of humor too, so he could be having a bit of fun with all of the Alton addicts....

Rush

Giga Poster
trav said:
Unless it's actually been confirmed somewhere and I've missed it, I really doubt it'll be called 'Surrender'. The slogan is 'Surrender to the Demon of the Dark Forest' or something like that. I shall now bring up a golden oldie, 'Sit back, it's fright time'. Now, that slogan doesn't include the name of Alton's most beloved coaster, so why does this slogan have to have the name of it?

The slogan's actually "Ride the Demon of the Dark Forest." This part is at the top of the poster and separate from "Surrender in 2010," which has probably lead people into thinking that's the name.

http://www.altontowers.com/2010/

I personally don't think it's the name. It doesn't really scream "Dark Forest" theme to me. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if it was judging by Merlin's recent naming attempts. It does sound like they picked a random 10 year old child to think of a name on the spot.

Or maybe that's just the name of one of the designer's cat! :wink:

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
If you look at this photo, you can see that the entrance and return tracks of the switchback don't 'line up' - the upper track seems to continue on for a metre or two more than the lower track - this may well be just because there's a small straight section to be added to the lower track at a later date (there is a support there for something) - or could it be something to do with the switchback itself? If so I can't think what, but just fuel for thought as a way to stop people talking about the name!!

http://www.towersnerd.com/gallery/image.php?id=1381&width=528

.:Matt:.

Roller Poster
Yeah and kickers too probably. :)

Its clear that there will be another piece of the same height to go in because of the support section right infront of the rest of the track :)

Status
Not open for further replies.