What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
So basically the only thing people know about this coaster 100% is that it is Intamin.....
For all we know AT could have asked Intamin to put that 'family coaster' sticker on it, so when they do announce it it will be huge......(We hope)

On another note...the picture below show some kind of supports behind the men for something that looks like supports for a wall that goes quite deep if it needs supports. Plus note the curve of it...Interesting!
9121_157713707779_728732779_3608935_3139816_n.jpg

neo

Mega Poster
NickkyG said:
I noticed one of the pictures is of a silica sand tank. What does it do?

It’s not for Silica Sand; it’s actually a compressed air reservoir, basically a small version of those found on Rush at Thorpe Park (those big gray towers at either side of the Rush structure).

marc

CF Legend
Yes Ollie that drop was good, but the one on Piraten was better, so not sure what your point is? We thought it was going to be rubbish as we thought it was Vekoma, it was smooth and ok but not great and not something to rush back for. In fact we only rode it once and there was no queue.

This new coaster could have been a lot worse, at least they have gone for a good make and I hope a good coaster can be made from the spec.

Am going to wait now to see what they do with it then pass judgement :)

andrus

Giga Poster
Well, a family coaster to fill in the gap between the mine train and spinball whizzer sure would be good! But then what's up with the SW6 and the "worlds first"?! To hype the coaster like this makes everybody think it will be more thrilling than Rita (who wasn't SW-labeled) only creating dissapointment among the visitors...

Blaze

Hyper Poster
marc said:
Yes Ollie that drop was good, but the one on Piraten was better, so not sure what your point is? We thought it was going to be rubbish as we thought it was Vekoma, it was smooth and ok but not great and not something to rush back for. In fact we only rode it once and there was no queue.

This new coaster could have been a lot worse, at least they have gone for a good make and I hope a good coaster can be made from the spec.

Am going to wait now to see what they do with it then pass judgement :)

So why does thinking it is Vekoma make you think it will be bad? That's a pretty daft opinion.

Anyway, there are shock absorbers around, are they normally on coasters? I'd thikn there would be some kind of suspension, but shock absorbers? Maybe it's to do with the world first?

Although I have had enough of people, myself included, saying every little detail is to do with the mysterious world first.

andrus said:
Well, a family coaster to fill in the gap between the mine train and spinball whizzer sure would be good! But then what's up with the SW6 and the "worlds first"?! To hype the coaster like this makes everybody think it will be more thrilling than Rita (who wasn't SW-labeled) only creating dissapointment among the visitors...

It will be more thrilling than Rita. In fact it would have to go some way not to be.

marc

CF Legend
Sorry should have made myself clear, we thought it was just a Vekoma kiddy coaster. Some of us just thought the trains had been changed etc so when we went down the 1st drop we were a bit shocked as we were not ready for that.

I just hope they use lap bars on this, there should be no reason not to.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
OH, thats OK then.

I hope the use lapbars, but it doesn't neccasarily mean there won't be airtime if OTSRs are used. Just 99% likely. There is no reason not to, unless there are going to be things very close to riders that would be dangerous to touch so OTSRs are used to limit movement. But I doubt that. Even with the accelerated lift this is almost certainly going to have and drop section it may have, OTSRs probably won't be needed.

But then again, Rita has them and that certainly does not need them. Maybe they are just there for reasurance because of it's speed and size?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I believe so, as it is less likely for you to fall out and they add an extra degree of safety.

But this is Intamin, on eof the biggest companies in the world, if anyone can make a safe ride, they can (unless it's in America, but that was a few years ago now), so lap bars will do in that respect.

On the height problem, if they want a low restriction, maybe a new type of lap restraint can be made, like some realy soft foam that can mould around your body to fit, or something like on Mumbo Jumbo where there is a big bar and you rull it towards you and then around you.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
I love how they're all standing inside the footers haha, That looks like a fun game!

That's not a game, they are intamin's next generation support system! :lol:

I'll always be excited by this, it has theming :D

Ollie

CF Legend
I know what the world's first bit is going to be.

It's going to be the first coaster themed to Saw that's not a Eurofighter. :p

Brookes

Giga Poster
I went today and as someone mentioned the curve earlier, that curve comes straight out of, or into a helix, which could go underground and into a tunnel and come out from the big hole. The steel girder things which were holding it up until the concrete had set were removed later in the day and there is scaffolding in it lower down which could be where the tunnel would be. Just an idea.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I'm sure the plans show that it is not in a tunnel but has themed walls, but this sounds like it will be covered. Either way should be good.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Yeah it could go up over the big hole, but it would make more sense seeing as there are things going deep into that curve that it would go under and come directly out of the big hole.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I've been thinking about ground work around the ride, especialy the bit near the station. It better not be flat land with two trenches, better be landscaped. Not expecting Memesis, but surely some kind of landscaping, and not just another Saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.