What's new

Theme Park Studio - to be released 27th Feb

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm sure some of you are aware of a new theme park simulation game called Theme Park Studio.

Theme Park Studio is a powerful suite of tools that allow players to design, build, and experience stunning amusement parks of their own design. Players can build whatever they can imagine, and then share it online for others to experience.

The creator, Pantera Studios are inviting theme park and roller coaster fans to take part in our “Early Access” development build that will be released on Steam February 27th, 2014.

This first release allows our community to get started designing their parks, creating custom assets, and importing/sharing custom scenery.

When all phases are released, Theme Park Studio will feature:

- Custom coaster creation. Players can bend, pull, and stretch coasters into any design they wish. Prefabricated templates are provided as helpers, if desired

- Custom Flat Rides. Design your own flat ride from the ground up, or select from our pre-built ride library.

- Park guests: After opening your park, watch park guests (peeps) tour your theme park and hop on your coasters and flat rides.

- Mesh importing: Build your own environmental objects and import them for maximum customization.

- Particle effects, including fire, smoke, fountains, fireworks, and weather effects. Our particle effects module is very versatile, allowing the player to create a wide range of effects. Particles can have triggers for setting up shows or like coasters splashing through water.

- Landscaping: Import your own height maps and textures to create stunning landscapes, or custom sculpt one of your own design.

- Water: Control water parameters like speed, level, color, and ripple size.

- Vegetation: Our engine features an advanced vegetation solution. Our proprietary technology allows players to build everything from grass to elaborate oaks. Trees are procedurally generated and can be controlled by custom wind and turbulence settings. This technology has been integrated into Theme Park Studio.

- Oculus Rift Support: Due to overwhelming requests for this support, Pantera Entertainment are proud to announce this cutting edge technology will be included in all versions of Theme Park Studio.

Here are a few screen shots:
themeparkstudio4.jpg

themeparkstudio6.jpg

themeparkstudio8.jpg

Video trailer:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j-OCEhdM7Y[/youtube]

Buy online here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/254590

So there we go! If you buy it, I (and the creators) would be interested to hear what you think of it. I'm not interested in hearing that you "have better things to do than play sim games."

Sim games aren't my thing but I think it looks like pretty smart - it's like the love child of RCT and your favourite coaster design...who is probably Anton Schwarzkopf or John Wardley.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I don't often play coaster simulation games purely because I know I will get so in to playing them I won't get any work done and I'll fail in my studies :p I'll certainly give this a go, it looks absolutely fantastic. If I get too immersed I'll just have to do something drastic. The sheer choices of things you seem to be able to do in this seem fantastic.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
rtotheizzo17 said:
How does this affect Kickstarter contributors?
If you have purchased Theme Park Studio via Kickstarter or our own crowd-funding, you should have received your Steam Key already. Any question, please email news@panteragamestudio.com

Treeis

Mega Poster
I've said this before in another thread, but Ill say it again; if there is ever a mod or something for this game that allows players to import nolimits coasters...it would be perfection.

Because right now it all looks fantastic but I'm a bit iffy on how good the coaster designing looks

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I think it's superb. I don't have the time or energy to learn to use no limits and rct just didn't cut it. This is the perfect mid ground between the two. Produce great looking parks and coasters as an "art" based thing rather than technical (not that I'm saying no limits coasters don't look beautiful, you know what I mean).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

peep

CF Legend
I never got into nolimits because I found it to be too faffy. I'm concerned this will be the same, like I'll start out and then get bored too easily. I also have loads of other things I should be getting on with lol. We'll see, might download a copy if I'm in the mood.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

nealbie

CF Legend
I'll certainly jump into this, seems MUCH simpler than NoLimits and you can make parks not just coasters which is the even more pressing issue with that game.

I'm with furie on this one. Trés excite!

gopats1479

Mega Poster
No experience with NL, but RCT3 was my game for a long time. Supports (especially for wooden coasters, my personal favorites) were impossible for me to do because the work was so tedious and time-consuming. This looks much simpler. The non-grid based coaster designer is probably the highlight for me. RCT3 was constrained to its grid so tightly. This looks easier than NL to design art in coasters and less constraining than RCT3. Love it. I'll probably buy it just to experiment with woodies more.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I am kind of disappointed in how this is coming to fruition. The game looks like it's actually further away from completion than it was when I funded into the Kickstarter almost a year ago! It's been delayed repeatedly, and having paid for a custom ride of my own design was a waste, as they replied to exactly one e-mail, then 9 months later added custom ride design to the game itself. We're getting access to a partial Beta with most of the functionality stripped back out.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Wow this game looks fiddly..

I think that there are too many complicated features, rather than an out of the box, ready-to-play type game. It does look incredible, but I dunno if this is gonna kick off to be honest.

This feels like I'm buying 3D Studio Max or Maya, not a theme park game / sim.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Looks amazing. Also pretty good timing for me because I have school assessments next week and then spring break. So I should have plenty of free time to play around with this. :)

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Yup - saw the mail last night, just after posting, and am rather miffed considering that coaster design was the FIRST thing they demonstrated when they announced the project back in the year 2500bc!!

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
You can only design paths and landscape...seriously? Gah.

To be fair is it likely to be cheaper now than when the full thing comes out in however many months time? If the price is likely to go up, I'll buy now :p

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
According to the email you can:
- load pre built parks or templates
- terra form landscapes
- change environmental settings
- create paths with their magic path tool (which adds in scenery items for you)
- drop in pre built architectural objects
- add flat rides (animation in part 2)
- create custom scenery
- adjust water settings
- File exchange

Really disappointing - I realise that sofware development takes time, but the video they first posted in december 2012 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMtAK5SZ4yU SHows the coaster building (which let's face it, is what about 90% of buyers will be wanting), looking almost ready for release!

spicy

Giga Poster
Umm ok, is there really much point in releasing this without being able to build coasters?

Still I am interested to see what people think of it, even if they are only playing around with the paths and landscape and that..

I certainly wont be buying it until you can build your own coasters though.