What's new

Theme Park site of the Year 2010

peep

CF Legend
Voted. It looks like Screamscape might run away with this though, at the moment they have some silly amount of votes compared to all the other sites.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^My thoughts exactly. I voted anyway though. :p

marc

CF Legend
That poll has a big floor in it so it will be 100% pointless.

Try voting again tomorrow and you will see what I mean :(

Jools

Giga Poster
In my opinion, CoasterForce hasnt done much for me this year, no new park guides and updates are slow, and I appreciate it takes along time to do, but still, it's very forum based, and even then Scremscape is always the first to publish updates and news, so for that reason I voted for them.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Whilst I'm not saying we haven't been keeping the current CF as up to date as we could, at the moment all our attention is focused on the new site. All of that is happening 'in private', so there is a reason why progress might have been slow.

marc

CF Legend
Jools tbh most people tend to get their news 1st from Screamscape and post it on other sites.

Screamscape is there for the latest news, but a lot of there news is posted from other sites as well, and from papers. I have actually found them great for USA news but a few days behind on European and UK news.

If more people posted updates and news then CF would be up to date, we cannot expect the management team to look after the site, upgrade the site and post all the news. What they do is in there free time and most have full time jobs.

I look at Cf as a community and if there is news anyone should post it. I know I check for news everyday and if there is anything worth posting I do.

Plus the monthly news letter contains a lot of up to date information.

jokerman

Giga Poster
^But you've said it yourself, CF is a great community, but that isn't what this vote is for.

Screamscape have numerous updates everyday about parks all over the world. They are purely a news site, and they do it very well.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I don't even check Screamscape though, I just wait for someone to post its news on CoasterForce or any other forum I check. If it's important, it'll show up here eventually!

Jools

Giga Poster
Oh no I appreciate that I'm not saying CoasterForce is a bad place, the community is great though I don't seem to fit in so well because I'm a very camp drama queen... wait... maybe I do :p But ohh ok I didn't realise CoasterForce was going to go through an update, looking forward to it :D

Mike

Giga Poster
CreditCrazy said:
I don't even check Screamscape though, I just wait for someone to post its news on CoasterForce or any other forum I check. If it's important, it'll show up here eventually!

Same here.
Or, if I want to check out what new coasters are coming for next year, I just use RCDB, which isn't even on the poll! :?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I've never been able to get the hang of Sceamscape, I find it messy and irritating to use. I'm sure it's just down to the way it's designed to pump out as much news and rumour as possible (and I'm sure for updates it's superb) - I just find it awful to read.

CF has the forums, but little else at the moment, but it's still the place I call "internet home" for a reason :)