What's new

Theme park moments that gave you goosebumps

Sandman

Giga Poster
The title says it all really...

Perhaps for you it was a coaster experience or merely the sight of a coaster you have worshipped for a long time. A memorable goosebump moment for me was the lead up to my first proper night ride on Taron. The first 20 seconds of this track played loud and clearly as we lined up with the launch track and got our first view of all the fab lighting and smoke effects. So good.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I can't say this for sure, but I'm guessing that seeing Steel Vengeance run along the tracks in person for the first time will be really cool!

Benenen

Hyper Poster
The big one for me was when the structure of Wildfire finally came into view after twenty minutes of power walking through Kolmarden. After getting up at 5AM and driving four hours from Liseberg I was so pumped for that first ride, my heart was hammering in my chest from the moment I entered the car park to when I got off the ride. I don't think the anticipation and first ride of anything has come close to the levels of pure ecstasy I had that day.

Last edited:

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Seeing Lightning Rod running... Having missed it the year before.
Walking down Main Street in Disneyland Paris
<3 Nemesis <3
and uh...
Riding Thundercoaster at TusenFryd in the rain with the clouds rolling in from the hills/mountains around the park. Euphoric

jayjay

Giga Poster
Morning ERT on Kärnan. I'd already done it the previous year and become the biggest fanboy, but the mass anticipation from the group was amazing. Was a misty morning, so the tower slowly revealed itself out of the gloom. Half the group genuinely bricking it, then we got led through the preshow which heightened everything further. Buzzing!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
That view as we walked into the volcano area of DisneySea.

Exploding out of said volcano on Journey to the Centre of the Earth.

Cresting the top of X2 for the first time.

Rising above the lights first time on Mystery Castle and seeing the whole tower reveal itself above.

Seeing the Kärnan tower appear from the fog and trying to swallow down a huge brick of fear.

Soaring out of Fluch Von Novgorod to see the park all lit up for Halloween.

Still every time I see the Towers lit up at Halloween from across the lake.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Hex - so atmospheric - and the climatic soundtrack!, Walking through a deserted Efteling on a foggy morning, Souring over the atrium on Arthur the ride, Phantom manor - in several places (that score).

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey @ IOA.

I knew absolutely nothing about the ride so had no idea what to expect. Hadn't seen any videos/POV's/reviews etc.

I'm really not into the Harry Potter films but we started in diagon alley and then got the Hogwarts express over to Hogsmede. By far the most #immersed I've ever been in a theme park. We went straight onto Forbidden Journey and I was completely blown away by it - needed to take a moment to sit down straight after riding!

The ride system combined with the screens provides an incredibly thrilling and disorientating experience which caught me completely off guard.

Absolutely used and abused the single rider queue for the rest of the trip and never got bored of it.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Walibi Belgium's 40th birthday nocturnal fireshow in 2015 was pretty impressive!

And this soundtrack...

Edward M

Strata Poster
That view as we walked into the volcano area of DisneySea.

Exploding out of said volcano on Journey to the Centre of the Earth.

Cresting the top of X2 for the first time

These.

Definitely Flight of Passage each time, quite the experience. A lot of Disneysea gave me goosebumps admittedly. When I first saw Cedar Point. Lightning Rod on the 3rd or 4th ride at night (so perfect <3). And, lastly, on Soarin’ for the first time as a kid.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Finally getting my ass on Taron. Then we had the ERT after the park closed and that was just pure hype. Everyone was loving it and we had so many rides in all different seats.

Another great collective experience was that Karnan ERT. Oh my, haha, such tension and it turned out to be fabulous!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Going to Phantasialand for Klugheim's first weekend. Waiting for the area to open with a hoard of excited German people, then hearing the pre-area opening speech (I don't know if this still happens now?). Didn't understand a word of it, but really gave me chills, followed by then going into Klugheim the first time.

My first Face it Alone (/first extreme scare) experience at Thorpe. Going into it expecting just to be a bog standard maze but by yourself. The moment I realised what it was actually going to be gave me goosebumps, and that mixed feeling of excitement and bricking it.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
When I finally rode Lightning Rod for the first time two days ago.... it didn’t disappoint one bit as my signature shows.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
So many moments, I'm a softy really;

Efteling on a foggy morning @chainedbanana
Taron ERT rolling out to the launch track with the music booming, goosebumps every time
Seeing Lightning Rod running
Driving into Hershey and seeing Skyrush looming in the distance
The Cedar Point causeway
Walking into Hogsmead @ IOA
The view from the top of Wild Eagle

Off the top of my head.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Yeah, loads.
Back in the day, first glimpse of Oblivion in the flesh. <shivers>.
Waiting for Helix with that station music pounding away.
Die Vlig.. De Vel... The Flying Dutchman at Efteling. The foggy bit.
The Taron thing.
The Clinic, Walibi Holland. All of it. Hell, just booking the ticket, 2 months in advance, made my tummy go all squirty.
An extra long wait on Kingda Ka's launch track. A good 2 minutes I'd say. Some poo may have come out.
The view of El Toro's first drop as you climb the lift hill.
The fiery finale of Templo del Fuego, Port Aventura.
Alton Towers fireworks finale. Every bastard time!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Yeah, loads.
Back in the day, first glimpse of Oblivion in the flesh. <shivers>.
Waiting for Helix with that station music pounding away.
Die Vlig.. De Vel... The Flying Dutchman at Efteling. The foggy bit.
The Taron thing.
The Clinic, Walibi Holland. All of it. Hell, just booking the ticket, 2 months in advance, made my tummy go all squirty.
An extra long wait on Kingda Ka's launch track. A good 2 minutes I'd say. Some poo may have come out.
The view of El Toro's first drop as you climb the lift hill.
The fiery finale of Templo del Fuego, Port Aventura.
Alton Towers fireworks finale. Every bastard time!
Can't wait for TTD to destroy all your memories of the big green penis. Imagine if we got a roll back ;)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Big hreen penis :D :D
Man, a roll back on Dragster, that's like the Holy Grail of goonery that is. Proper excluse!

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Walking into Tokyo DisneySea
The launch and Top Hat (RIP) on Dodonpa
Karnan ERT
The drop on Falcon's Fury
First rides on Mystery Castle, River Quest and Chipas!
The craziness of Colorado Adventure