What's new

The Ultimate decapitates deer 29th September 2014

vaugc002

Mega Poster
So according to the ever-reliable Daily Mail a deer managed to navigate around the perimeter fence that surrounds The Ultimate and was hit by one of the trains. To be honest it could have ended up much worse for the passengers as the deer was only young and not a full-sized adult.

My favourite part of the article is the great description given by someone who experienced the incident:

'There was a bit of screaming but not too much. The maintenance men came and seemed to turn it off and on again and then it was fine'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... blood.html

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
One of the most popular coasters in the world? Is this really true or is it the DM exaggerating as usual?

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
This actually happened on Saturday, and was first reported in the more local news on Sunday. I just could not be bothered to post it up. At least it made the national papers now. I believe it was in the wooded 2nd part of the ride, as that is the fastest point of the ride, and it would more than likely happen there.

Original article: http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1 ... heme_park/

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
One of the most popular roller coasters in the world that no one has heard about. :wink:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's nice that the Evening Standard used the CF video.

I don't have anything else to add except my thoughts and prayers are with the deer's family at this time.

Ben

CF Legend
It's in my top ten, fairly sure I've heard of it.

It's outside America Hyde, sorry you're uneducated.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Hyde said:
One of the most popular roller coasters in the world that no one has heard about. :wink:

Herd about, surely :p

Have LWV hired Thorpe's PR team?

What next, Halloween with the ghost of the deer haunting the ride?