What's new

The two most talked about new rides of 2006...

Stealth or Kumali?

• Stealth - Thorpe Park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kumali - Flamingo Land

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mat

Hyper Poster
O.K you have probably realsied what this is one about.

So whihc One do you think will be the best ride of 2006 out of these two brand new coaster?

Being me I think that Stealth is going to be the best becuase it is a whole new experiance for me becuase I have never been on a rocket coaster But I have been on a suspended one before (not a vekoma one)

So... What are your views on these new rides?

A

Anonymous

Vekoma vs. Intamin
Tussauds vs. Minor Park
Powerful sitdown Launch vs. [soon to be] Rough Invert
Tough Choice... :p

[Ok..that's being a bit harsh]

Despite Stealth's poor layout, and lackluster height and speed compared to other Top-Hatted-Rockets it will really be a great experience and is [quite] a new experience for us Brits.

Kumali: its nice and has a good layout, but I'd take nemesis over it anyday.

Jake

Strata Poster
Kumali just has so much more than stealth. Sure, there are loads of SLC's, but stealth just has nothing. Its not even worth explaining its so painfully obvious.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
A clone and a 50% clone. Both should be pretty good rides, although I think Stealth will provide the better ride due to launch and height.

joe

Mega Poster
I would say Stealth, its just the rush you get after a launch that I love. It will be the fastest launch I have experienced too.

Angel

Hyper Poster
Ignoring my personal opinions of both and going on how I suspect their ride experiences shall be Im unsure.

From what Ive heard SLC's are good fun, compact and speedy ... so Ive heard, ive never actually ridden one. The layout of Kumali looks alright but nothing special in my eyes.

Stealth ... accelorators are supposed to be fun and I suspect alot of people will fall in love with this ride... It is however a one trick pony that has been done before. Now another CF member argues with me that Oblivion is a one trick pony but at the time that was released it was a rarity. Stealth has a top hat and a launch oh and a measly airtime hill. I personally think its going to be a ride you love or hate ...

As for votes ... Im going for Kumali tbh with you ... its a true coaster [in my opinion!]

Ben

CF Legend
Stealth.

I'd take a 80mph launch and 200ft Top Hat over four inversions and a helix any day. Plus, it's a SLC.

Stealth looks quite good. Kumali looks a bit ****.

Though I won't be riding either for a long while (probably when I move out of my house), I would have to say Stealth because it's a mini version of TTD, but with an airtime hill. Also...

LIVE FOR THE LAUNCH!

kir

Hyper Poster
jack said:
a launch is a launch no matter what.
*snort* Velocity's launch is really weak, Rita's launch is awesome. I've concluded from only two launches that one launch can be different from another in SO many ways!

I clicked on Stealth, but I think Kumali will also be very good, if not a little short.

So, Stealth is very short, but it gets away obviously, being an Accelerator. The crunch is in the launch, and anything after that is just a fantastic addition! Kumali however could possibly be another coaster that I come off thinking - I wish there was more to it - and not in a good way.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
4 said:
stealth just has nothing. Its not even worth explaining its so painfully obvious.

Yes please explain what you mean!

Stelf has a launch, which is the best thrill on a coaster imo. It has height. It has a vertical drop. It has an airtime hill. It has theme. It has a sense of personality.

Stelf is the coaster I'm most looking forward to out of both of these. Although I'm sure Kumali will be a good ride, Intamin accelerators thrill me more than SLCs.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Kumali is apprently yet to receive it's theming... And I must admit I'm starting to get enticed by the beauty of the track...

However, Stealth just takes it for me...

(^Haha Ian says stelf - pmsl)

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Be it unimaginative, short etc etc, i'm still looking forward to Stealth. It'll have more of an immediate rush than Kumali, and it'll also have me scared, which Kumali won't. I won't knock Kumali though, it does look great, and i'm looking forward to getting up there at some point too.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Yeah but these are the new style cars with alluminium wheels so, as Undead Creature says, who knows....we will have to wait and see.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Stealth is a launch coaster, Kumali is an SLC so really it is difficult to compare the two.

In terms of roughness, no one can surely say that the manufacturers of Stealth have a great British track record for smoothness....within 200 feet of Stealth lives the paragon of roughness in modern day UK coasters - Colossus.

The manufacturers of Kumali on the otherhand have Velocity, sited a similar distance from Kumali. I can honestly say that I could re-ride Velocity all day without any feeling of roughness, but the same could never be said of Colossus.

As a progressive company, Vekoma have taken the lead in developing and improving their rides - Velocity's launch system uses lubricated spring loaded bearings which reduces maintenance and also uses less electrical power on launch compared to Rita. The same inovation is being seen on Kumali with the introduction of Alluminium wheels which aim to give a smoother ride as well as reduce maintenace costs to the park.

So which is more likely to be rough?

I know who my money's on! :p