What's new

The most irritating theme park visit ever

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Right now I think they're focused on selling more express passes, as it's what makes them a lot of quick, extra money and they know that people will still visit with regular tickets despite infernal queues. That is what has happened for years now, so I don't think visitor numbers will really be impacted. People will go like "just don't go on a weekend, duh" and try again after some time expecting other results.

For context: I've been to PA at least 15 times, maybe 20+, and except for my last visit in July 2020 I cannot think of one visit where Dragon Khan/Shambhala have had less than two hours of queue. Stampida is always a one hour wait, each side. Cannot speak for Hurakan Condor as I've never ridden it, but I remember waiting for more than 2 hours when my cousin got on it (and this was like ten years ago, when the fastpass problem was not that big). We complained every time about the long queues, and still visited every single year.
This suggests to me that they're stunting their own potential growth... Add more rides, more capacity, and they'd probably max that out too, from what you're saying / suggesting?

redheadedRobin

Mega Poster
This suggests to me that they're stunting their own potential growth... Add more rides, more capacity, and they'd probably max that out too, from what you're saying / suggesting?

Basically. It's a problem that won't stop growing if they don't solve it from the root, and when the system ends up breaking it will hurt both the visitors (more than it already does) and the business itself.