What's new

The Maccy D's Thread.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I feel your pain, bruv. ?

Next time I go, I could send you a video of me eating one if you like? Would that help? I mean, it'd be a minor inconvenience for me, but as a friend and fellow goon I'd be willing to do that for you. Just say the word matey. ?
I think I’ll pass on the video ?

Let’s just say I know what I’m doing at 23:59 on the 6th!!!

8865B37F-BFB2-4857-BE72-0B3CC0228272.jpeg

pvnks

Mega Poster

I apologise to Nick in advance.

The thread made me do it.

Also, what in the **** is a Katsu Curry McNugget?!
92211542f54c50fa72e73f9bce9db8dd.jpg

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster

I apologise to Nick in advance.

The thread made me do it.

Also, what in the **** is a Katsu Curry McNugget?!
92211542f54c50fa72e73f9bce9db8dd.jpg
I've since had 2 (not in one sitting) And I'm pleased to see they are back to their best!!! We had issues with the sauce up here in the last run, it tasted very different, kind of chemically... But not an issue anymore :)

Gazza

Giga Poster
1610491648995.png

Ooooh, a couple of my favourites back for the summetime Menu. I hadn't had a McRib since 2018 in Germany.
The El Maco basically just tastes like a Taco Burger, which isn't a bad thing to be fair.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Indeed, McRib is back here in the states as well. If you don't mind paying postage, can cold-storage ship to you!

Skyye

Mega Poster
First of all, I don't wanna hear any of that self righteous "I'll not eat that rubbish, my body is a temple" crap. Cos like the advert says, we all have McDonald's in common.
If you're reading this, you're a goon. If you're a goon, then you travel. If you travel, then at some point you've probably found yourself in some faraway, foreign-speaking city or airport, possibly on your own and at some ungodly time of night, and in situations like that even the most vigorous, anti-Maccy's, left-wing, vegan hippy will succumb to the welcoming glow of the Golden Arches, even if just for a coffee. Most branches have those multilingual self-service order points now so you don't even have to speak to anyone, bonus!
So please, everyone play along.

Right, with that out of the way, what to talk about?
I thought about doing a poll for this, but couldn't narrow it down to a single, defining Maccy D's question, so in the end I just created a general discussion thread to talk about all things McDonald's.

Some things to consider:

What's your favourite burger?

Have you ever worked there?

Maccy D's vs BK?

Big Mac vs Quarter Pounder?

Ketchup vs BBQ vs mayo?

Should the Big Tasty be a permanent menu item?

Thoughts on the McRib?

Review the latest 'burger of the month' specials here.

Have you ever had a Mc10.35? (Go ahead, ask me what a Mc10.35 is :) )

What about Maccy D's around the globe? What weird and wonderful menu items have you discovered at restaurants in foreign lands? In Egypt once, I had a Chicken Big Mac - yes, a Chicken Big Mac!! Crazy.

Who remembers the Root Beer?

You see? That's why I didn't create a poll. So much fun stuff to talk about!

Go ahead, share all of your funny Maccy D's stories right here....
:)
IK this thread is practically dead, but why not, its 11:30pm and I'm bored.
DQPC no mustard
Working there now :/
Either one works
Not a mayo fan, so ketchup or BBQ
Never heard of the Big Tasty...
Never had the McRib
Skipping Mc10.35, burger of the month, and global McD
We still have barqs? unless you mean something else.
and yes, our ice cream machine has broken several times

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
IK this thread is practically dead, but why not, its 11:30pm and I'm bored.
DQPC no mustard
Working there now :/
Either one works
Not a mayo fan, so ketchup or BBQ
Never heard of the Big Tasty...
Never had the McRib
Skipping Mc10.35, burger of the month, and global McD
We still have barqs? unless you mean something else.
and yes, our ice cream machine has broken several times
What is barqs?

nadroJ

CF Legend
I saw that Mcflurry in the last picture paired with the words “cheese lover” and “angus beef” and I was horrified for a second.
Literally same, I was trying desperately to figure it out 😂

That said, Hong Kong Maccies is my favourite in the world, so I bet it's delicious whatever it is.

In other news, I'm recovering from Covid and as such am looking to regain my sense of taste/smell by eating things with stronger flavours, so I have a Festive Pie yesterday hoping the winter spices would coax some reaction. From what I could tell it was very nice, but I need to try one again in a week or so.