What's new

The Intimidator. B&M Hyper 2010 - Carowinds

^ Yes, because when a park says something like record breaking, at the rate that parks use gimmicks, they could be referring to a new type of concrete they're using for the footers.. Or a new type of metal used in the bolts to put the track together :p .

Gimmicks, gimmicks, gimmicks.. I won't believe it 'til I see it.

carolinacoasterfreak

Roller Poster
"record breaking, history making"

Okay so im just gona make a guess based on some of the details but if anyone has seen the invites for the announcement they highlight the '26' in the date and also the idea of 'record breaking, history making' shows that it has some type of record with it. My guess is that the coaster is gona be 260 ft high making it the tallest, most likely as well fastest, B&M coaster and also the tallest and fastest coaster in the park. This is just a guess but its what i can make of all this. I wish they picked a better team than NASCAR though haha but as long as its a good ride that helps out Carowinds then it works for me.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: "record breaking, history making"

carolinacoasterfreak said:
My guess is that the coaster is gona be 260 ft high making it the tallest, most likely as well fastest, B&M coaster

Doubtful. B&M have a hegiht limit of like 250ft, don't they?

carolinacoasterfreak

Roller Poster
Re: "record breaking, history making"

Uncle Arly said:
carolinacoasterfreak said:
My guess is that the coaster is gona be 260 ft high making it the tallest, most likely as well fastest, B&M coaster

Doubtful. B&M have a hegiht limit of like 250ft, don't they?

Yeah i dont believe they have built one over 250ft yet, but theyre really promoting this 'record breaking, history making' idea so i dont see why they would say all this and then just make it the tallest coaster in the park.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Posted on TPR.

hyper9.jpg

AND

http://www.intimidator.carowinds.com/index.cfm

Slight hint there ay??

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Eight screwholes. Same as on the first Diamondback pieces we saw. Which, apparently, was twice the price tag of this one. That leaves us with few options but wrong price, small coaster, or B&M have dropped their prices.

By the way, I think B&M use to have a thicker spine on straight pieces, such as lift hills, stations and brakes. So eight screwholes means station/lift piece, six means regulary track piece.

But also, what do the (worn) racing tyres mean? A hint of the theme?

Martyn B

CF Legend
The tyre's could mean to be honest. Someone probably juct put them there as they knew a pic would end up the net soon.

$11m does seem like a small price tag. Thats about £7m to us over the pond, which could get you a brand new standard SLC.

pkiknex25

Mega Poster
Pokemaniac: But B&M leaves the spine further away from the rails on brakes and station track because they need room for all the mechanisms used (brakes, tired drives, sensors, etc.)
p22248.jpg

And they don't always used 6 screw holes on all the other track. Look at the thickness of the pullout's spine vs the spine of the bunny hills.
p23271.jpg

I don't think there's anyway this costs only $11 million

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
rollerdude said:
New concept?

Either that, or 11,000,000 isn't the true price tag.

There's been some discussion concerning this. It seems that CF / Carowinds gets some kind of huge tax break / benefit from S. Carolina when they build a major project on that side of the line. It may be that the $11 million is the price with these tax breaks subtracted, or something to that effect.

Where did that price come from anyways? I've already forgotten. :?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
It was in a news report somewhere out there, where I read it. Somebody was mentioning the real price is probably around $14 million with taxes and extra costs, but considering D-Back was $22 million, it won't be a hyper.

Another option is DEI is paying for part and the news report left that out. But the only thing that makes me think that is not true is the track pieces, the drop seems to be a short, steep drop, from what I have seen. I hope I am wrong, but I predict a very compact, very intense, short floorless or regular sitdown looper.

If it isn't a hyper, I'm interested to see what it will be. Is there any certainty that this won't have inversions or do people not know?

Oh well, announcement is soon enough. Tomorrow, eh?

pkiknex25

Mega Poster
EEEEHHHHHHHHHH!?!?!?! (Had to.)

It's pretty much been confirmed as a hyper by the track and footers. Some pieces have a thick spine that hasn't been used on anything but hypers. And the footers completely show out and back.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
There's the possibility of an out and back looper, but when you think about it, where do you see those other than RCT? I'm still going with a hyper. It's been rumored since Diamondback was announced, and it's very plausible.