What's new

"The Greatest Dinosaur Ride In The World" For USJ

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
This has apparently been spotted in the Universal Studios Japan park:

361211d1433805196-2016-neuheit-neue-attraktion-jurassic-park-bereich-universal-studios-japan-cgvrsp0ukaedsoh.jpg

I think it sounds really exciting, I love Jurassic Park and it sounds like they're gonna do something big.
Could it be a B&M Wing Coaster?

Source: https://twitter.com/ORLParkPass/status/ ... 12/photo/1

peep

CF Legend
Apparently Universal used to have some concept art for one of their parks for a B&M flyer but they just never bothered to build it (could have been for the Moscow park that never was). It would be interesting if it was that seeing as Nagashima Spaland just built one.

I can't see that happening though and it literally could be anything. With this being Universal too it's very hard to tell what it is and I don't think they have that much space to play with. Still, very excited with anything Jurassic park related. (could even be the small family woodie that Orlando was planning on building)

Nic

Strata Poster
Where in the park is this? I'd assume it's over by the existing JP water ride? If so, have they removed something to make it fit or are they managing to shoehorn it in somehow?

Edit: Apparently the whole JP area is closed from May 11th, 2015 -- July 10th, 2015.
Apart from the flying coaster, the other shelved concept that people are suggesting for this is a helicopter tour ride which ends in being attacked by those flying ones with all the unnecessary letters in their name.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
peep said:
Apparently Universal used to have some concept art for one of their parks for a B&M flyer but they just never bothered to build it (could have been for the Moscow park that never was). It would be interesting if it was that seeing as Nagashima Spaland just built one.

I can't see that happening though and it literally could be anything. With this being Universal too it's very hard to tell what it is and I don't think they have that much space to play with. Still, very excited with anything Jurassic park related. (could even be the small family woodie that Orlando was planning on building)

I'm sure many years ago (after JP3) they were planning to add a Flyer into a Dome from the film at IOA where Potterland currently stands...

Probably is just reusing that old concept to tie in with World...

davidm

Strata Poster
Nic said:
Apparently the whole JP area is closed from May 11th, 2015 -- July 10th, 2015.
Hope they are doing a proper rehab on the river ride ; lots of stuff was looking sad / not working when I was there last autumn. (no TRex!!)

davidm

Strata Poster
excuse the double-post, but Screamscape now saying B&M flyer :)

(6/19/15) Screamscape sources have confirmed that the new Jurassic Park themed ride going into Universal Studios Japan for 2016 is better than we could have hoped… it will be a B&M Flyer.

mouse

Giga Poster
A well themed flyer could be brilliant, lots of near misses with dinosaurs and scenery hopefully!

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Very excited for this, in my opinion B&M flyers are very underrated coasters and I'm genuinley shocked they aren't a more popular coaster type for parks. Anyone know how the cost of a flyer compares to that of an invert or dive machine?

peep

CF Legend
I don't really like B&M flyers but I can imagine this will look amazing. Look forward to seeing what they do.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: "The Greatest Dinosaur Ride In The World" For USJ

peep said:
I don't really like B&M flyers but I can imagine this will look amazing. Look forward to seeing what they do.
+1. If this is well themed, I think it will be like Crystal Wing: looks phenomenal, but an 'eh' ride.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

spicy

Giga Poster
Awesome!!

I can't wait to see how this turns out. I love the Jurassic Park theme this could be the best themed flyer yet.

Hopefully this finds itself at IoA at some point too.