What's new

Cedar Point | The Boardwalk | Wild Mouse and Ride Relocation | 2023

emoo

Hyper Poster
Looks great, nice idea.

I sigh that it's not a mack launched spinner that it was never really gonna be and the 'gap' has been filled in the line up this way.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Here's the announcement video:

As recap:
- Adding new spinning wild mouse
- Relocating Scrambler and Matterhorn
- Renaming Tiki Twirl (back) to Calypso (after it was renamed to Tiki Twirl to honor a different, older ride :p ), new paint and light job to Troika
- New Food venue

Overall - yeahsure. Glad we're getting a +1 at least, and apart of a vision described by Rob Decker years ago during the opening of Gatekeeper on how to open up the lake view.

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
A few things I noticed in the video...

Tony mentioned that "Wild Mouse" will be their 18th coaster, which I really hope means that they are planning to reopen TTD. Although he could be throwing enthusiasts off the scent by making that statement I want to remain optimistic he's giving a clue it's staying around.

They are moving Matterhorn and Scrambler to this area. That will open up some space near Corkscrew. What are the chances that Corkscrew is removed within the next few seasons and a new coaster goes in that space that's opening up? Iron Dragon may be approaching the end of it's service life, which would give a new coaster more space to expand. Contradicting my statement above, they could remove Corkscrew and TTD, which would then open a huge space for something massive.

Trax

Hyper Poster
They already disabled comments, I wonder why…
So let me ask it here: Is this supposed to be an out of season April fools joke?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I think this looks like a great fit for Cedar Point! Correct me if I’m wrong, but won’t Wild Mouse be their first genuine family/family thrill coaster in quite some time?

In that case, it’ll definitely fill a void, even if it might not be the most exciting coaster in the world for enthusiasts!
In essence yes - last bona fide family coaster we got was Woodstock Express in 1999. However, bear in mind we didn't lose depth on a lot of other family coasters (Iron Dragon, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Gemini, etc.); overall is a good addition for sure, especially to utilize the space.

cookie

Giga Poster
In essence yes - last bona fide family coaster we got was Woodstock Express in 1999. However, bear in mind we didn't lose depth on a lot of other family coasters (Iron Dragon, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Gemini, etc.); overall is a good addition for sure, especially to utilize the space.
The park did lose Wildcat and Disaster Transport in back-to-back years, though. Up until now we only got massive thrill coasters to replace them.

Matt N

CF Legend
Gonna be this layout, Twister Coaster Freeform.
View attachment 19571
Good on CP, getting a world-first spinning mouse layout.
As per Zamperla, the stats of this model are as follows:
  • Length: 1,312ft/400m
  • Height: 52ft/15.8m
  • Footprint: 51m*27m/167ft*88.5ft
  • Speed: 27mph/45kph
  • Height Restriction: 42”/105cm
  • Theoretical Capacity (assuming 47 second load/unload): 680pph
  • Trains: 7 cars with 4 passengers in each
Source: https://www.zamperla.com/products/twister-coaster/

Ethan

Strata Poster
I would have assumed a new coaster at Cedar Point would have a much higher capacity than five or six hundred an hour, although I guess many may not bother to ride as they're there for thrills etc.

Jodon

Roller Poster
I would have assumed a new coaster at Cedar Point would have a much higher capacity than five or six hundred an hour, although I guess many may not bother to ride as they're there for thrills etc.
I actually don't mind a low-capacity ride in this situation. I think it is a ride that fits very well with a boardwalk theme/vibe as most of those coasters are on the smaller side and don't have great capacity. Also, I can't imagine that it has much difference in capacity compared to Wicked Twister.

opivy028

Mega Poster
For years they had Wildcat, which with its four person seater cars had to have similar capacity, and it was fine. At CP it’s not going to be star attraction or anything

Nick13

Mega Poster
Let’s just hope it has better operations than the other wild mouse style coasters in the Cedar Fair chain!

Gazza

Giga Poster
Hey how come CP doesn't have any modern family coasters?

RcTmix

Mega Poster
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think this is the first coaster addition at cedar point since 1999 that doesn’t either break some kind of marketable world record, or have some other “world’s first” element in Maverick’s case.