What's new

Cedar Point | The Boardwalk | Wild Mouse and Ride Relocation | 2023

Skyye

Mega Poster
Has anything happened with maxair? I heard that it could be removed, but so far I haven't seen anything about it.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Sorry for double post and 8 month bump, but last month ParkFans uncovered something - it looks like 2023 will be

A. Much larger than the WT plot
B. A "boardwalk renovation project".

There are rumors going about of a Mack Spinner.

emoo

Hyper Poster
So perhaps more than just food with a nice view. Here's hoping this something in the pipeline and not just desperation hope trying to will it into existence.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
So perhaps more than just food with a nice view. Here's hoping this something in the pipeline and not just desperation hope trying to will it into existence.
One could hope - I'm still quite pessimistic on yet more mediocre BBQ inbound.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
inb4 that Psycho Mouse hoax turns out to have been real all along. 🤪
Yea no. I'm friends with the guys who made that thing. And ALOT of people fell for that, even tho there's no way that CP would get a relocated mouse that has a lower capacity than some single train kiddy coasters.

Intamin Forever

Mega Poster
I'm seriously thinking they will get an Extreme Spinning Coaster along with the Grand Pavilion and Boardwalk renovation. Its been 4 years since SteVe and they are now lacking in the good coaster category. I think only SteVe, TTD, Maverick and Raptor are the only good coasters at Cedar Point, and with TTD reopening next year (hopefully), they need a good launch coaster that isn't as intense TTD and Maverick, which can cater to families, of sorts.

Time Traveller.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Its been 4 years since SteVe and they are now lacking in the good coaster category.
"Lacking" I would argue is a stretch of the imagination. You're welcome to call MF, Valravn, Magnum, Gatekeeper "not good" - but feel you're painting with too broad a brushstroke.

4 years is also far from a stretch, need I remind folks of a similar 4 year gap between TTD and Maverick, or the 6 years between Maverick and Gatekeeper.

I would only posit, as Mark Twain once quibbed, the rumors of (Cedar Point's) demise are greatly exaggerated.

As for what tomorrow holds? I alas fear nothing more than a glorified Barbecue #3.

Matt N

CF Legend
Each to their own and all that, but if Cedar Point is “lacking in the good coaster category”, then I dread to think of how badly just about every other park in the world is lacking… I’ve always considered Cedar Point the absolute zenith of the world’s roller coaster selections!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Each to their own and all that, but if Cedar Point is “lacking in the good coaster category”, then I dread to think of how badly just about every other park in the world is lacking… I’ve always considered Cedar Point the absolute zenith of the world’s roller coaster selections!
Yeah, he's chatting **** don't worry. ;)

my thoughts exactly.... I think Cedar Fair should be focusing on other parks.. Cedar Point has more than enough great coasters and the fact that people say stuff like this just blows my mind

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I’d be very surprised if they go with an extreme spinning model in that spot…. but that would be a great choice - totally unlike anything else there and decent.

This was the only teaser I could find on my recent visit… Troika is one of their existing nearby flat rides 🤷‍♂️

a4j2w6B.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I’d be very surprised if they go with an extreme spinning model in that spot…. but that would be a great choice - totally unlike anything else there and decent.

This was the only teaser I could find on my recent visit… Troika is one of their existing nearby flat rides 🤷‍♂️

a4j2w6B.jpg
There were a few "posters", all mentioning the rides that exist along Gatekeeper Midway. :)