What's new

The best park in the world for each major manufacturer?

CoasterLover24

Roller Poster
And if the rumor is true, and Indiana Beach ends up getting La Feria's shuttle loop in addition to Drier Looping, then along with their existing Jet Star, they will inarguably have the best collection of Scharwzkopf's on the planet.
Haven't heard that rumor. The shuttle loop is kinda long. Do they have the space? And also, with Montaña Rusa closing, and their pair of Schwartzkopfs relocated, I'm pretty sure La Feria is going bankrupt ipso facto.

Matt N

CF Legend
I think Carowinds is a decent shout for B&M, actually. Fury is often B&M’s most highly received coaster, and Intimidator and Afterburn look pretty fun too! Vortex I’m less sure on, but given I actually kind of liked Shockwave at Drayton Manor despite that getting similarly awful reviews, I might be in for a surprise if I ever ride it!

With regards to Carowinds vs SeaWorld, I think Mako vs Intimidator might possibly be a fairer contest than Mako vs Fury. Both Mako and Intimidator are hypers with similar out-and-back layouts, whereas Fury is almost its own different category of ride amongst B&M coasters. Whether you prefer the hyper-style layout or the Fury-style layout is up to you, but I personally think Intimidator might be a fairer comparison to Mako than Fury. Personally, I could possibly see myself preferring the hyper-style layout to the Fury-style layout, but I’ll have to wait and see if I ever get to Carowinds!

MountedShooter

Mega Poster
Don't forget, Six Flags over Georgia also has 4 B&Ms:

Goliath - Hyper
Georgia Scorcher - Standup
Batman the Ride - Batman clone Invert
Superman Ultimate Flight - Flying coaster (also the original Superman flyer of which there are several clones)

Steely Dan

Mega Poster
^ yeah, there are 4 six flags parks that have very solid B&M line-ups (MM, GAdv, GAm, and OG), but I think the reliance on batman, superman, and medusa clones hurts them a bit when viewed through the eyes of seasoned, well-travelled enthusiasts who place a high premium on unique, one-off experiences.

Taken on their own, the B&M line-ups at any of those 4 six flags parks are pretty damn excellent. I mean, imagine if the other 11 batman clones were never built and the original one at SFGAm was still the only one in existence, I have to believe that its cachet would be considerably higher. Nearly 3 decades later and it still packs one hell of a punch for its more modestly-scaled size. They seriously knocked that design clear outta the park on their very first try.

But the cedar fair and seaworld park B&M line-ups tend to lean more heavily on custom one-off designs (or rides that only have one other clone on a different continent on the other side of the world like raptor, griffon, sheikra, and manta), and therefore they seem a little more "special" and stand out a bit more compared to six flags' clone-heavy line-ups.

However you want to slice it, us north americans are freaking spoiled when it comes to multi-B&M parks, with 11 different parks that have at least 3 of 'em.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ve got an idea; could Djurs Sommerland be a potential candidate for Intamin? They have the only Mega-Lite outside of Asia in Piraten, they have a really cool and unique-looking family launch coaster in Juvelen and a really cool and unique-looking family suspended coaster in DrageKongen.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I’ve got an idea; could Djurs Sommerland be a potential candidate for Intamin? They have the only Mega-Lite outside of Asia in Piraten, they have a really cool and unique-looking family launch coaster in Juvelen and a really cool and unique-looking family suspended coaster in DrageKongen.
If you add the caveats "Coasters with no inversions and a height below 35 meters", then yeah. But there's no way in heck I'd choose to ride the Intamins at Djurs over the ones at Cedar Point or Hersheypark.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I was going to half-arsedly suggest Lightwater Valley for British Rail, mostly as a joke, but then remembered the old 1930s trains (out of service this year) on the Isle of WIght give even Taron a run for its money.

CoasterMOG

Roller Poster
This was a great idea. I agree with the rankings in the original post with just a couple of exceptions and additions.

GCI, Personally, it's Kings Island with Mystic Timbers. But argument can be made for one of the monsters in China like Wood Coaster at Knight Valley.

Gravity Group, Holiday World...Hands down

Premier Rides, SFMM

PTC, up for grabs, but Kings Island comes to mind as a park with more than one PTC. Otherwise, it's pick your favorite PTC coaster like Phoenix at Knoebels

Morgan, SIx Flags Mexico with Superman.

CCI, Lake Compounce with Boulder Dash

Chance Rides, Kentucky Kingdom Lightning Run

"Build your own damn coaster", Lagoon in Utah

Possible contenders,

B&M, SeaWorld Orlando, those three rides are better than the three B&M models from most any other park.

Intamin, SFGADV. May only be two rides, but they are pretty legendary with one of the best woodies in the world and front row on Ka is pretty nuts (damn I wish they had dragsters tiny t-bar)

Arrow, SFMM is so freaking close to Cedar Point.

RMC, SFMM when they get their Jersey Devil Clone