What's new

The best park in the world for each major manufacturer?

Matt N

CF Legend
I mean for B&M it's an obvious choice 🤷‍♂️
Drayton Manor! ;)
I’d be intrigued to know why you think this, as Drayton Manor doesn’t currently have any B&M coasters. Admittedly, they have Shockwave, which uses a similar track style, but no true B&Ms, if you get what I mean.

UP87

Mega Poster
Mack: Europa Park - As Mack owns Europa Park and all bar two of their coasters are made by Mack, this seemed like a pretty obvious choice to me...
I wish I could say anything against this as Europa Park just doesn't feature any really good Mack coaster. But due to the sheer amount of Mack coasters at Europa Park and because the other parks with really great Mack coasters at best have a second mediocre one... yeah it has to be Europa Park.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I mean for B&M it's an obvious choice 🤷‍♂️
Drayton Manor! ;)
Gold Reef City is a solid contender too, of course.

Also, for some of the smaller manufacturers:

Reverchon: Gotta go with Wiener Prater here, since they seem to be the only park that ever got two different coasters from these guys. That being said, Wiener Prater isn't so much an amusement park as a parking lot for travelling rides operated by different showmen. On a sidenote, Reverchon coasters tend to be moved around a whole lot, even inside parks. Shout-out to Ice Mountain at Fantasy Island, with four different RCDB listings in that park.

Wiegand: Gotta be Erlebniswelt Seilbahnen Thale for this one - not surprisingly, since Wiegand operates the ... uhh, calling it a "park" would be too generous ... hillside. At a somewhat distant second, I guess Mystic Mountain Jamaica would fit. It has two Wiegand rides. Again, calling them "coasters" would be too generous. Honestly, this manufacturer is really going downhill.

ABC Rides: This is a tricky one, since, despite being the go-to manufacturer for jokes about small and uninteresting coasters, they've only built seven coasters so far. The best-looking of them has to be Achterbahn at Ferienzentrum Schloss Dankern, so I guess this park takes the ABC crown.

Preston & Barbieri: Another manufacturer that hasn't sold a coaster to a park twice. As such, rankings will depend on the park with their best individual coaster. I'm personally partial to Stampbanan at Liseberg, but they've got more interesting coasters out there too. The creatively named Roller Coaster at Fayzaan Park in Dushanbe might be the nicest-looking iteration of their biggest coaster so far.

Pinfari: None. There's no winning this ranking. As a sidenote, I keep being amazed at how prolific this manufacturer continues to be despite kicking the bucket in 2004. Four coasters due to open this year bear their name, two of them in the UK. Pinfari coasters never die, they are just dismantled and sold to the next bigger sucker.

E&F Miler: Uhh ... this one is a very confusing manufacturer to look up, because they tend to sell coasters with very similar names to parks with very similar names, and they tend to get relocated a lot. RCDB has 15 different listings for coasters named Python Pit at places named Jeepers, for instance. I'm going to go with Fun Spot America for this manufacturer, without correcting for the fact there appears to be three parks with that name, with various E&F Miler coasters relocated between them.

Fabbri: Ahh, finally it gets easier again. Two parks feature two running Fabbri coasters. Of the two, I think the edge goes to Zoosafari Fasanolandia. While Fantasy World Almaty also features a really nicely located Astral inverted coaster, Zoosafari Fasanolandia also has a spinning Wild Mouse, where Fantasy World only has an oval kiddie coaster.

Interpark: Pinfari under a new name, with approximately the same level of proficiency. No wonder why they have coasters operating in 28 parks without having managed to sell an additional ride to any of them. The winner here has to be every park that hasn't got one of their coasters.

SBF Visa: I was originally going with Clarence Pier for this one. It's one of the few parks that operate two SBF Visa coasters, and one of them is even the fastest the manufacturer has on record according to RCDB. Although it says a lot that, despite the fact that SBF Visa has 330 coasters under their belt, only 16 of them have a registered speed stat on RCDB. Only two go faster than 50 km/h. About 100 of them have a registered height. Only 6 are taller than 10 meters, of which the tallest caps out at 12. But then I saw Energylandia operates five of SBF Visa's contraptions. Da heck? Energylandia is definitely the best park to experience SBF Visa coasters, provided such a thing is possible in the first place.

Matt N

CF Legend
If we’re doing lower tier manufacturers, then I’d nominate Hyde Park Winter Wonderland for Reverchon, personally, even though it’s not a permanent theme park; on my visit to 2019’s event, they had Euro Coaster and not one, but two standard Reverchon spinning mouse clones! Combined with the fact that they have Wilde Maus XXL too, it’s quite the place to be for wild mouse fans!

Edward M

Strata Poster
Fun topic idea!

For Vekoma, I'd argue either Hong Kong Disneyland or Disneyland Paris. They both have interesting takes on two of the most iconic coasters ever made: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Space Mountain. Paris also has a Casey Jr. Coaster while Hong Kong will soon have a Frozen take on the Seven Dwarfs coaster. It'll be hard to argue for any park except Energylandia once Abyssus opens though.

For Premier, I'd say SFMM is the best, with West Coast Racers and Full Throttle being among their best coasters. There's a good argument for SFOT as well, with both Runaway Mountain and Mr. Freeze being wildly underrated.

Gazza

Giga Poster
I think for Pinfari it would have been M&Ds since they simultaneously had that double looper and that weird inverted coaster.

UP87

Mega Poster
Another possibility for Vekoma could be Phantasialand: they have a really good mine train with Colorado Adventure, a really long (but boring) indoor coaster with Space Center Temple of the Night Hawk Crazy Bats, a family boomerang with Raik and a next gen flying coaster with F.L.Y.

Matt N

CF Legend
For Premier, I'd say SFMM is the best, with West Coast Racers and Full Throttle being among their best coasters. There's a good argument for SFOT as well, with both Runaway Mountain and Mr. Freeze being wildly underrated.
In hindsight, SFMM is a way better choice for Premier; I don’t know how I missed both it and SFOT! I even looked through RCDB for parks other than KI and KD with more than 1 Premier coaster, so I’m not sure how I ended up missing them...

Freakedoutjelly

Roller Poster
Haven't seen Morgan mentioned yet. No park has two coasters by them (unsuprising). Steel Dragon 2000 at Nagashima has the best stats, haven't ridden it though so not sure how it rides. Other option, Kennywood? RCDB doesn't seem to count Phantom's Revenge as a Morgan, but they've replaced most of the original Arrow steel over the years and it's personally a top ten coaster!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
B&M for me is Carowinds, but you could argue a few different parks.
Not only does Carowinds have the BEST B&M in Fury, but Afterburn is bloody brilliant and Intimidator is decent. Ok, Vortex is absolutely horrendous but the other parks have similarly bad coasters in last place.

Hutch

Strata Poster
B&M for me is Carowinds, but you could argue a few different parks.
Not only does Carowinds have the BEST B&M in Fury, but Afterburn is bloody brilliant and Intimidator is decent. Ok, Vortex is absolutely horrendous but the other parks have similarly bad coasters in last place.
See, I thought of Carowinds as well, but Vortex really brings the quality down for me. It's still the worst coaster experience I've had (left me limping down the exit ramp), so I can't in good faith give Carowinds the B&M title. If Vortex was scrapped, absolutely.

At least SeaWorld doesn't have a bad B&M.

Nick13

Mega Poster
For me, the best B&M collection is either Carowinds or BGT.

BGT has one of the very best (if not best, is still can’t decide!) inverts, my favourite dive and Kumba is still an incredible coaster.

Carowinds mainly for the hyper & giga combo, plus a decent invert. No comment on Vortex 😂

I was fairly underwhelmed by the B&Ms at Cedar Point other than Raptor, and there’s nothing particularly special at Great Adventure, though Nitro was a decent hyper and I surprisingly enjoyed Green Lantern.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
See, I thought of Carowinds as well, but Vortex really brings the quality down for me. It's still the worst coaster experience I've had (left me limping down the exit ramp), so I can't in good faith give Carowinds the B&M title. If Vortex was scrapped, absolutely.

At least SeaWorld doesn't have a bad B&M.
Vortex is absolutely horrible, it's still one of my bottom 10 creds ever ridden. I just can't see any other park with a better lineup.

True Seaworld doesn't have a terrible B&M, but Mako isn't a patch on Fury (from what I've heard) and Afterburn is much better than either Manta or Kraken(which i really wasn't keen on).
For me, the best B&M collection is either Carowinds or BGT.

BGT has one of the very best (if not best, is still can’t decide!) inverts, my favourite dive and Kumba is still an incredible coaster.

Carowinds mainly for the hyper & giga combo, plus a decent invert. No comment on Vortex 😂

I was fairly underwhelmed by the B&Ms at Cedar Point other than Raptor, and there’s nothing particularly special at Great Adventure, though Nitro was a decent hyper and I surprisingly enjoyed Green Lantern.

BGT is a really good shout. Kumba and Montu are two of the best of the ride types. I wasn't massively sold on Sheikra, it's alright I guess, certainly not a Vortex or Superman.
CP has Manta/Rougarou which sucks. Great Adventure does have Bizarro and Nitro though, but again, Superman sucks.

Still think Carowinds, Fury just destroys everything else.

Hutch

Strata Poster
True Seaworld doesn't have a terrible B&M, but Mako isn't a patch on Fury (from what I've heard) and Afterburn is much better than either Manta or Kraken(which i really wasn't keen on).
Oh I can tell you Mako is better than Fury. And I do prefer Manta over Afterburn but hey. 🤷‍♂️

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Oh I can tell you Mako is better than Fury.

Ooh now that's a bold statement, and not one that you hear very often. Care to elaborate?
I'm not arguing, I've ridden neither so I don't know, but I'd be interested to hear your reasoning for this as I'm hoping to hit up Florida later this year, travel restrictions permitting, of course.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Ooh now that's a bold statement, and not one that you hear very often. Care to elaborate?
I'm not arguing, I've ridden neither so I don't know, but I'd be interested to hear your reasoning for this as I'm hoping to hit up Florida later this year, travel restrictions permitting, of course.
So I actually had a slight headache when I visited Carowinds. Nothing terrible, but due to lack of sleep. I had a 4 AM wakeup to catch a flight that would get me to park opening.

I was feeling fine most of the day but Fury (and Afterburn) kinda kicked my ass after multiple re rides. I definitely owe myself another visit when I'm feeling fresh. I still enjoyed the rides though. I just think I'm more of a hyper boy than giga boy. I'm not a huge fan of the layout. I don't love the high speed turns and corners, and I think it takes too long to get to the airtime.

Hyper layouts favor airtime, and at the end of the day airtime is what I'm here for. And Mako has by far the best floater anywhere. The first big camelback? Solid 5 seconds of floater right there. Love it. Another reason why it's so great is that it's one of the few B&M hypers/gigas left that doesn't have seatbelts, so you can leave yourself a lot of room between yourself the the restraint. Back row? Felt like I was gonna fall out of my seat on the first drop.

Mako really did blow me away though. I know @Matt N gushes it all the time, but you can trust him on this one. :p

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I know @Matt N gushes about it all the time, but you can trust him on this one. :p

Does he? I hadn't noticed. 😉

Thanks for the post, a reasonable explanation sure enough. If I ever get to ride them I might even agree with you, I did prefer Behemoth over Leviathan after all, largely due to the focus on floaty air rather than out-and-out speed.
All we need now is for travel to be possible again...