What's new

The Best non-Cedar Fair or Six Flags park

zips_6

Roller Poster
So Cedar Fair and Six Flags are quite obviously the most popular in terms of thrills for theme parks. But there are tons of other great parks like Islands of Adventure, Alton Towers, Silver Dollar City, and the Busch Gardens parks just to name a few.
Which one is your favorite?

BBH

Giga Poster
Re: The Best non-Cedar Fair or Six Fags park

I've only been to Silver Dollar City outside of a SF park but it was **** ing incredible.

Hutch

Strata Poster

I'm still having trouble deciding whether I like BGW or Alton Towers more. Those to are definitely the best parks I've been to that isn't CF or SF.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster

My favorites would probably be, Universal Florida, Dollywood, Hersheypark, and Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Edward M

Strata Poster

I would say that Islands of Adventure followed closely by Silver Dollar City are my favorites. However, I find a majority of Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks to be pretty average. Little attempt at theme or shade, just roller coasters, which don't mean everything. I would prefer to ride a Disney or Universal dark ride than most roller coasters tbh. I mean, compared to Disney, Universal, Busch Gardens and the Herschend parks, Six Flags and Cedar Fair are **** .

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Phantasialand, Europa Park and Efteling are my favorites.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

My issue is the assumption that Six Flags and Cedar Fair have the best parks to begin with.

They don't.

Darren B

Giga Poster

Yeah, Six Flags and Cedar Fair really don't have the best parks.

Of either chain I'd say Cedar Point is the best of the bunch, but generally I'd consider these parks to be inferior to many other parks.

But, if you're talking about the quality of coasters then both SF and CF are quite simply the world leaders. Nobody will deny that.

I'd say parks that can compete coaster wise would be (that I've visited);

Heide Park
PortAventura
Hersheypark
Pleasure Beach, Blackpool
Europa Park

I haven't mentioned Thorpe and Alton because they really can't compete, although on paper they look like they can.

Ben

CF Legend

Yeah, SFMM is the only park from either chain I've done I'd call 'great'.

The best parks in the World are PortAventura, BGE, Hershey, Liseberg, Universal Studios, Disney...

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Darren B said:

Heide Park
PortAventura
Hersheypark
Europa Park

I haven't mentioned Thorpe and Alton because they really can't compete, although on paper they look like they can.

What about Liseberg? It might not have the amount of coasters as some other parks, but it surely has quality over quantity with 2 world class coasters. It definitely looks on par with PBB and PortAventura at least.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

My top 5:

Disneyland
Dollywood
Hersheypark
Islands of Adventure
Busch Gardens Tampa

elephant58

Hyper Poster

Darren B said:

Of either chain I'd say Cedar Point is the best of the bunch, but generally I'd consider these parks to be inferior to many other parks.

But, if you're talking about the quality of coasters then both SF and CF are quite simply the world leaders. Nobody will deny that.

Heide Park
PortAventura
Hersheypark
Europa Park

I'm a bit curious as to why not Alton. Is it the height thing, or what?

Darren B

Giga Poster

elephant58 said:
Darren B said:

Heide Park
PortAventura
Hersheypark
Europa Park

I'm a bit curious as to why not Alton. Is it the height thing, or what?

Alton doesn't have a steel airtime machine or a wooden airtime machine. It also has an extremely poor coaster lineup. Nemesis is the only really good coaster in the park, and although I love Oblivion and think it's probably the most intimidating coaster on the planet it's still not not great in a coaster sense.

ThomVD said:
Darren B said:

Heide Park
PortAventura
Hersheypark
Europa Park

What about Liseberg? It might not have the amount of coasters as some other parks, but it surely has quality over quantity with 2 world class coasters. It definitely looks on par with PBB and PortAventura at least.

Yeah my bad, I completely forgot Liseberg. I'd actually put that right up there due to it Having Helix and Balder, 2 of the best coasters in Europe.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

I personally don't think PBB has a very good coaster line-up. It has a lot of them, but for me only Wild Mouse and Grand National can match up to most of the major coaster at Alton and Thorpe.

I only really have a top 5 parks and all of them apart from SFMM (which is brilliant <3) are non CF or SF parks.

Phantasialand
Europa Park
Busch Gardens Tampa
Port Aventura

Purely coaster-wise I think that the best ones are Hershey Park and Parque Warner Madrid

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Off the top of my head, Hershey, SDC, Dollywood, and Disney would be the top non SF or CF parks I have been to.

zips_6

Roller Poster

gavin said:
My issue is the assumption that Six Flags and Cedar Fair have the best parks to begin with.

They don't.
I didn't mean best, I just meant most popular. I completely agree with you. My two favorite parks are Islands of Adventure and Magic Kingdom. These parks are much better than the Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks, because coasters aren't everything, and have a much better variety, more family fun, and just overall better parks.

Edward M

Strata Poster

zips_6 said:
gavin said:

They don't.
I didn't mean best, I just meant most popular. I completely agree with you. My two favorite parks are Islands of Adventure and Magic Kingdom. These parks are much better than the Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks, because coasters aren't everything, and have a much better variety, more family fun, and just overall better parks.

I mean Disney and Universal parks are definitely more popular than Six Flags or Cedar Fair so I don't know what you mean by that.

Also, am I the only one who saw the typo in the topic?

zips_6

Roller Poster

Edward M said:
zips_6 said:
gavin said:

They don't.

I mean Disney and Universal parks are definitely more popular than Six Flags or Cedar Fair so I don't know what you mean by that.

Also, am I the only one who saw the typo in the topic?
Oops… Didn't mean to do that...

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Disneyland has been my favorite park since I was two years old. Still is today. Even though its coasters aren't necessarily up to par, the rest of the experience is unparalleled.