What's new

Teststrecke for sale?

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Wasn't sure whether this had been reported before but after the Zaturn link in the other thread I noticed this was for sale. Pretty sure it's Teststrecke, just a photo of it as Laser at Dorney as it seems to be a unique model.
https://www.amusement-rides.com/en/product/double-loop-schwarzkopf
I assume the owners are still touring it whilst it's for sale (i.e. it's not being refurbed like Zaturn) as I haven't heard anything, anyone got any more info?

Last edited:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I would be shocked if it's Teststrecke that's for sale. It's been doing phenomenal business ever since it hit the German fair circuit in 2009. I read that there were supposed to be three of these, but RCDB doesn't really keep track of traveling coasters and I'm not sure of the status of the other two although I remember reading about one going to a park in Pakistan around the time Teststrecke debuted. I'm also pretty sure that amusement rides was the site that sold Laser to Meyer und Rosenzweig for around $1.5 million and used those same photos at the time of that listing. Perhaps they're using them again for a different Schwarzkopf double looping? Maybe @roomraider might be able to shed some light on to this?

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I would be shocked if it's Teststrecke that's for sale. It's been doing phenomenal business ever since it hit the German fair circuit in 2009. I read that there were supposed to be three of these, but RCDB doesn't really keep track of traveling coasters and I'm not sure of the status of the other two although I remember reading about one going to a park in Pakistan around the time Teststrecke debuted. I'm also pretty sure that amusement rides was the site that sold Laser to Meyer und Rosenzweig for around $1.5 million and used those same photos at the time of that listing. Perhaps they're using them again for a different Schwarzkopf double looping? Maybe @roomraider might be able to shed some light on to this?

Yeah I did wonder about travelling creds, not easy to keep track of them. Hopefully there are more around because more schwarzs' are always good. I thought teststrecke was popular and doing well when I did it in Bremen so was a bit surprised to see this if it is infact that ride.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
although I remember reading about one going to a park in Pakistan around the time Teststrecke debuted.
Ah, that would be Doppel Looping, once owned by Conklin Shows. I rode it down in Miami at the last show it ever played :( made a special trip just to ride it.

Shame Fun Spot hadn't decided to become real amusement parks yet... Would have made for an excellent centerpiece for either of their parks.