What's new

Terra Mitica 2016

Martyn B

CF Legend
2016 will see a new hotel and ride for Terra Mitica.

The ride is going to be 80m tall!

2ceg5yh.jpg

My money would be on a Star Flyer.

peep

CF Legend
Lol, that picture amuses me.

Glad to see they're investing, it's a nice park, just needs more to do. A hotel seems to be a bit pointless considering the local area is pretty much just hotels.

Your guess of a starflyer makes sense but I sort of hope it isn't. Still, I'm intrigued.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Baffling idea to install a hotel, the park is easy to get to from the main town and is no where near good enough to justify actually staying on-site for.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I've never been so I can't comment, but there's hotels all around Blackpool Pleasure Beach and it worked out well for them.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
I've never been so I can't comment, but there's hotels all around Blackpool Pleasure Beach and it worked out well for them.

The amount of hotels in Benidorm is insane. Some of them are really good. I just can't see them doing good business with a hotel on-site, because as others have said, the park is not woth spending more than a day.

I have a feeling that the new 80 metre attraction will be a Windseeker and not a star flyer. Wasn't there one for sale or something?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^Yes, they have an Intamin drop tower.

And Star Flyers(the normal ones) are exactly 80 meters tall. So expect to see a Star Flyer.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Mondial also make a 80 meter Windseeker. Adventureland in Iowa has one called Storm Chaser. I'm going to bet on a Windseeker because this is Terra Mitica and all their rides are meh, other than the fab Labyrinth of the Minotaur dark shooter.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzVFKRSB1e0[/youtube]

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Tomatron said:
Star Flyers are usually pretty good, but I'm sure Terra Mitica will find a way of making it crap.

QFT. Plus they don't need ANOTHER tower attraction. As if having both a drop tower and an observation tower wasn't enough.

They completely ruined the Roman area by relocating/scrapping the flat rides for kids just to build a Star Flyer. So far, not even the colour is right; who in their right mind would paint a Roman tower blue/white? That could work in the Greek area... :roll:

Lofty

CF Legend
The park need a few more quality investments before I'd even bother returning again. It has the potential to be a fantastic park and the views from the top are fab, but when you think that their best attribute is a **** wooden coaster that I now completely refuse to go on, there's nothing to draw people back, only one time visitors.

andrus

Giga Poster
Never been to the park, not interested in going either. What they need is an iron-horse work on Magnus Colossus! That would give them a fantastic attraction at a reasonable price :)

Lofty

CF Legend
That double drop would be fantastic with that treatment, it desperately needs it - very akin to Rattler had.