What's new

Crazy Bats VR Coaster - Phantasialand

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, limited to 30 euros/quid too. Plus from my experience and the experience of people I know, the bank will (more often than not) refund whatever was spent after your card was taken. You can buy sleeves for the cards too which prevent anybody reading the chip from your pocket, but as Ben said, these incidents are pretty uncommon.

I'd say Phantasialand accepting card now is a huge plus, will make future visits SO much easier, having to go all the way to Berlin every time was just annoying tbh.

Yeah banks will always refund it.

They basically decided that they make more money pursuing it and having people pay by card than the refunds they have to give out for it going ‘wrong’

Any bank worth being with nowadays will also have a card freeze option in their app so you can stop transactions when you notice your card is missing.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The main roof of the extension queue is receiving some copper sheathing just like Taron's station has.
56470502_132528537876493_2519650393757265768_n.thumb.jpg.11a0903fcfc936c37f307cc16ed638b8.jpg

Also along the foot of the vertical garden wall some new elements are being added too.
54277197_165862247740487_3328639493235489351_n.thumb.jpg.040ac6065c06e5aff0336e5ce519e401.jpg

Source
It should definitely make a massive difference in terms of queuing experience and comfort.
Also while it has been said this area is temporary (unless things have changed) I think its sure a sign it will still be around for a few more years. Improving the existing park is their first priority so I'm certain it won't be redeveloped until Geister/China and Temple/Hollywood have been tackled.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Some looks at the new finished shelters over the Taron extension queue.
http://instagr.am/p/Bv6mTuYgLfr/
http://instagr.am/p/Bv6yY4hgZLy/
http://instagr.am/p/Bv6yY4hgZLy/
http://instagr.am/p/Bv61NasAP7z/
And since they've started to add some theming elements in the form of hanging glass domes/cages with fossilised Goblins inside.
A surprising addition and it actually tie into part of the area's backstory - the goblins that live in the basalt mountains interfered with the Klugheimer scientists excavating in the canyon. So they caught the goblins in glass bells; trapped out in the sunlight, the Goblins fell into a deep sleep and froze.
Until now the only representation of this was the audio effects among the rocks (you can hear the goblins sniggering and muttering) and the large fossilised Goblin inside Rutmor's Taverne.
Screenshot_20190413-211626_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190413-211640_Instagram.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
How does it look randomly designed? Literally fits the rest of the Klugheim area? Especially once that roofing beds in and starts to oxidise.

I love the fact that they've encased some of the goblins in the area to bring that arch of the narrative alive.

Ethan

Strata Poster
How does it look randomly designed? Literally fits the rest of the Klugheim area?
To be fair, I have to agree with Peep. Obviously they're finished to a nice quality and all that, I would expect nothing less. However to me they do look a bit randomly placed. It just feels a little awkward how there's a big one, some little ones too, some longer than others, and the whole thing is to one side and there's still loads of queue uncovered, but not evenly uncovered? I know Klugheim isn't supposed to look ordered or well thought-out architecturally to fit with the theme, but I agree with Peep that it looks kinda weirdly designed.

But I suppose if it's temporary then they probably don't give a ****.

Lofty

CF Legend
I think that's just the start of the work in the area, I can't help but think they're going to do more.

It just needs to bed in a little bit to alleviate the new/old look and it'll be seamless.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Y’all get too butthurt over this VR thing. I mean I’d get it if it were replacing one of the good rides at Phantasialand, but it’s not. TotNH was a dull ride, with no theming. A simple “one and done” at PL. They arn’t going to spend a huge amount of money adding theming for a temporary overlay, I’d be more concerned if they did.

peep

CF Legend
Yeah, no point getting too caught up over this. It's a temporary thing to give it a bit of attention before it goes away for good. Not like there was anything to look at on the ride for many years.

NightHawkFur

Roller Poster
I guess that makes sense. It figures Phantasialand isn't even advertising this upcoming VR ride anywhere besides the entrance. Guess it'll be "nothing special" to promote.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Checking in with Crazy Bats VR Coaster.
With most mentions or uses of the name having now disappeared I think it's safe to say that Temple of the Night Hawk is no more and this is a full renaming (not the just the film name).
Work has been taking place this week on the exterior queueline. What was once green is now dark blue!
IMG_20190502_155247.jpg

The hand rails have also been sanded down and repainted; the side panels and the fencing on the stairs up have also been repainted with a blue.
IMG_20190502_155241.jpg

IMG_20190502_155157.jpg

IMG_20190502_150617.jpg

The wall here has been partly demolished. Presumably they might be moving the ride entrance? So you won't have to go the whole way up the hill anymore to enter.
IMG_20190502_100135.jpg

Given the rumour that the interior will be like an ice cave, and the icy aesthetic of the Crazy Bats poster, the blue colour presumably fits with the new theme.
Pictures from @robin012341

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Well I didn’t take much cash at all in November, had no issues using card at any of the outlets. So I’m a bit confused, where exactly was card not accepted? I used it in a few of the food outlets, the main shop and even the gluwhein stall near chiapas during the fire show (although I did have to leave a cash deposit for the mug)

The card machines pictured look like the same ones I was using end of November too.

I had no idea Germany was weird with cards, and tbh that wasn’t my experience at all... Even paid for the taxi with card

Ethan

Strata Poster
I had no idea Germany was weird with cards, and tbh that wasn’t my experience at all... Even paid for the taxi with card
Germany isn't, and never has been, big on the whole card payments thing. If you go to a lot of restaurants, pubs, beer houses etc, you'll find that many of them don't even accept cards. Cash is very much still king there, I'd say it's partly due to their mentality of only purchasing things you can afford.

Before my most recent visit to the park last month, the only place that accepted cards was the main entrance (from memory). All food outlets were cash only, and you had to trek to the Berlin ATM whenever you needed cash. They do accept cards at the outlets now, however when I went to buy a Chiapas photo, they don't accept cards there either. Pretty inconvenient tbh.

Anyway, I think the topic of card payments in this thread died weeks ago.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Germany isn't, and never has been, big on the whole card payments thing. If you go to a lot of restaurants, pubs, beer houses etc, you'll find that many of them don't even accept cards. Cash is very much still king there, I'd say it's partly due to their mentality of only purchasing things you can afford.

Before my most recent visit to the park last month, the only place that accepted cards was the main entrance (from memory). All food outlets were cash only, and you had to trek to the Berlin ATM whenever you needed cash. They do accept cards at the outlets now, however when I went to buy a Chiapas photo, they don't accept cards there either. Pretty inconvenient tbh.

Anyway, I think the topic of card payments in this thread died weeks ago.

I’m not going to drag this on, because as you said, it is off topic, but I can assure you outlets were taking card payments in November, so just to put that to bed here is the proof :)

https://ibb.co/s2sznHc
https://ibb.co/4dKyKs8
https://ibb.co/XjykDS8