What's new

Emerald Park News/Discussion

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
When you ride a particularly brutal SLC and get knocked out
There's something hilariously Bristolian about it, but I'd have to modify slightly.

Ver-comb-er.

Words can't end in vowels down here, if they do they have to have an 'r' added. :p

Pear

Strata Poster
Track pieces are now being manufactured

8de9a1c5e83102b03151013457816365.jpg

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Track pieces are now being manufactured

8de9a1c5e83102b03151013457816365.jpg

I'm guessing that's the kiddie coaster right? Rather than the Boomerang or STC.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
The operator of Tayto Park is to spend €30 million on three new rollercoasters for the Co Meath theme park.

Raymond Coyle confirmed on Friday that work is currently progressing on a dinosaur-themed rollercoaster – Dino Coaster – that will be complete by February of next year.
Work on Dino Dash appears to be well underway judging by a photo on RCDB taken earlier this month.
Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 6.17.41 PM.png
Mr Coyle said work would then commence in March or April on the ‘two-in -one’ rollercoaster which is made up of a 31m high and 748m long suspended thrill coaster and a 24.2m high 238m long family boomerang ride.
Again, not clones of Hals-Über-Kopf and Voldampf, although the stats are very close upon comparison. As of today, Duane's considered them on a safely stable timeline and they are now listed.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Walkers World?
Golden Wonderland?
Prawn Cocktail Paradise?
Knotts Crispy Farm?
Space Raider Island?
Quavers Quay?
The Lost World of Tangy Toms?
Frazzle Fair?
SFMM (Sig Flags Monster Munch)

The possibilities are endless.

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Walkers World?
Golden Wonderland?
Prawn Cocktail Paradise?
Knotts Crispy Farm?
Space Raider Island?
Quavers Quay?
The Lost World of Tangy Toms?
Frazzlea Fair?
SFMM (Sig Flags Monster Munch)

The possibilities are endless.
Could open a Gringotts style coaster and call it 'Tom's Missing Millions!'

Too soon?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
On a serious note, albeit somewhat a longshot thought, I wonder if Merlin would consider buying Tayto Park?

It's a solid park which fits their style. It has room for growth, improvement and to become a resort. It would suit Merlin's bragging rights: "Ireland's biggest theme park". If they wanted, they could even consider transforming it into Legoland Ireland. It could also be included in the UK pass, to make it seem better value whilst also not affecting things much.

We've seen since the changes at the top they're keen to invest in the parks, and Merlin have been no stranger to looking at buying parks (anyone remember the Sea World proposal a while back?). And it expands their portfolio.

I should say, I don't think this is the most likely thing. But, I wouldn't rule it out just yet...