• front

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • back

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Martyn

Giga Poster
Simple question.

When you get in a taxi on your own, do you get in the front or the back?

And why?

Obviously London taxis are exempt as you can't get in the front.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I get in the front.

I feel safe in taxi's and sitting in the back might seem slightly rude to the driver...but that's just me.

Plus I like to converse with them :lol:

Slash

Giga Poster
Back, because generally the black cab drivers get pissed when your sitting on their lap.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Not that i've got many taxis on my own, and even less on my own when i've not been on a night out, but i'd think i'd get in the front. Might as well be sociable.

peep

CF Legend
I get in the front because I used to work for a mini cab company. So I usually converse with them regarding said employment in the small hope they may make the fare a tad cheaper :p

Ollie

CF Legend
I don't think I've ever needed to take a taxi on my own. But if I did it would probably be in London where you have to sit in the back.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I once had a massive argument with a cow of an ex-girlfriend of mine about this :lol:

We got a taxi from the station to our house. I sat in the front, she sat in the back. She says that it's really rude to leave her alone in the back, and etiquette decrees as her other half, I should sit inthe back with her.

Apparently, etiquette also decrees you're not allowed to respond with "yeah, but I see you all the time, I don't get to sit next to the taxi driver and chat to him very often - you I have to put up with every day". Who knew? ;)

I sit in the front :)

Emmett

Giga Poster
I usually get into the front if I am on my own as I would find it a bit weird sitting in the back alone. I tend to find guys get into the front on their own but women get into the back alone as it seems a bit safer.

The only bad thing about getting in the front is that you have to try and make conversation with the driver usually involving what time they get off at or are they busy.

Dave

CF Legend
I got in the back of a taxi and got lectured on why the English are all murdering **** heads in a short and sweet history of India.

But usually I get in the front, if I'm in Portsmouth its easier to converse as 9/10 they are football fans.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I sit in the back. Every time. Wearing headphones. I can't stand inane small talk with taxi drivers.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't think I've ever been fortunate enough to take a taxi on my own.

When I do, I'll sit in the front. Unless it's a London Cab. in which case I'll be in the back.

Slash

Giga Poster
A-Kid said:
I have never used a cab.

Do not want to use a cab.

Probally never will use a cab.

Is that cause they're mainly asian :wink:

But seriously, why not? Safest way to get home when your pissed.

ryan462

Hyper Poster
I hardly ever get cabs but when I do I sit in the back and don't really talk to the driver :p Then again, I havn't got a cab on my own in about a year [/list]

Pierre

Strata Poster
Front all the time, and as cliché'd as it is, I ALWAYS ask how their nights been, and what time they're on 'til.

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
Back.... if i get a taxi i'm laden with plenty of shopping and the front is not an option.... Can you even get in the front of a normal black cab? Thats all i ever got...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Back.

When I'm paying extortionate prices for travelling just a few miles, i want to feel like a king and have the impression that I'm being chauffeured. I tend not to make conversation unless I'm drunk.

A

Anonymous

On those rare times its always the back but normaly I use the taxi of mom and dad.