What's new

Sun World Hon Thom Nature Park I Roaring Timbers | GCI Terrain Woodie | 2022

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Same video up on Twitter (I mean LinkedIn for POVs???? - what is the world coming to! ;) )

Let's be honest, YouTube POV's are the only truly acceptable standard. ;)

In seriousness though, this layout is excellent, possibly one of my favourite GCI layouts. I'll reserve judgement on the pacing though until I see a POV with a train going around full of riders.

Last edited:

Niles

Giga Poster
And some more pics ☺️

Source:

Last edited:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I was sent the official press release yesterday so here it is.

Roaring Timbers (Mộc Xà Thịnh Nộ)
Roaring Timbers (Mộc Xà Thịnh Nộ) at Sun World Hon Thom Nature Park is Vietnam’s first and only wooden roller coaster.
Reaching a height of 32.4 meters, a maximum speed of 80km/h and generating more than 3.5 vertical g-force during it’s exhilarating 890 meter course around the tropical hillside terrain; ”Roaring Timbers features fourteen hills and fourteen exciting crossovers that pass over or under another section of track, making this one of the most twisted wooden pieces of art in the world”, said Brad Loxley, Sun World Group Chief Operating Officer.
Roaring Timbers is the first attraction of Sun World Hon Thom Nature Park’s Exotica expansion, and will be joined by a further two new attractions opening later in 2022.
Attraction facts:
Manufacturer: Great Coasters International
Lift Height : 106.4 ft [32,4m]
Maximum Speed : 50 mph [80 km/h]
Maximum G-Force: 3.5g
Minimum G-Force: 0.01g (weightless!)
Track Length : 2,920 feet [890m]
Ride Duration: 2:10

Materials:
Individual Concrete Piers: 1,355
Timber: 1,000 cubic metres.
Bolts: More than 130,000
Nails: Almost 2,000,000

About Sun World Hon Thom Nature Park:

Sun World Hon Thom Nature Park is located on Phú Quốc - a Vietnamese island off the coast of Cambodia in the Gulf of Thailand.
A visit to Sun World Hon Thom Nature Park begins with an unforgettable journey aboard one of the world’s most spectacular cable cars: a 6.99 kilometer journey over the sea aboard a Doppelmayr 3S cable car system from Phu Quoc to Hon Thom Island – the world’s longest 3-rope sea-crossing cable car system.

On Hon Thom Island you will discover Sun World’s Aquatopia Water Park – awarded Asia’s Best Water Park by the World Travel Awards in 2020 and 2021, restaurants and pristine white sandy beaches offering snorkelling, diving, jet skiing and other water activities, in addition to live entertainment and other family-friendly activities.

Roaring Timbers is the first phase of the Park’s Exotica expansion which will include three new attractions, new food, beverage and entertainment offerings.

“Roaring Timbers represents the first of several new attractions and expansion lands that will be opening in our Sun World Parks in 2022”, said Daan Duijm, Sun World Group Director of Operations and Set Up.

“We are looking forward to welcoming the world back to our beautiful Sun World Hon Thom Nature Park in 2022, where we have been busy creating more unforgettable world-class experiences for our Guests to enjoy”.

About Sun World:

Sun World – The entertainment brand of Sun Group - is a series of leading theme parks and entertainment complexes in Vietnam including Sun World Ba Na Hills, Asia Park, Sun World Fansipan Legend, Sun World Halong Complex, Sun World Hon Thom Nature Park, Sun World Ba Den Mountain and Sun World Cat Ba Cable Car.

About Sun Group:

Established in 2007, Sun Group is Vietnam’s leading Entertainment, Hospitality, Infrastructure, and Real Estate developer and operator.

Sun Group owns three member brands: Sun World, Sun Hospitality and Sun Property. Sun Group prides itself in offering truly unique, international standard, high-quality recreational and entertainment complexes designed to bring the culture, history and stories of Vietnam to the world.

In 2020, Sun Group was the pride of Vietnamese tourism by winning 25 awards at the World Travel Awards - Asia for resort tourism, entertainment and infrastructure projects invested by the group.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
And therefore - unstuck.

First member here to ride this can have some bonus Internet points. :D