What's new

Steepest Airtime Hill

Kyle

Roller Poster
It’s a strange question but what is the steepest pure airtime hill? Most B&Ms are around 45 degrees but are there any mental Intamins or Gerstlauers that are closer to 70. It’s hard thing to confirm but was curious

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
New enthusiast debate; when does an airtime hill become a top hat?

This one on Kondaa is pretty steep though

I'd assume verticality. Top hats generally have at least one section of 90 degree track.

I now stand firmly against the barrage of examples otherwise coming rapidly in my direction.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
I reckon it would've been the now-dead top hat on the two S&S airlaunches as apparently you got some deadly ejector on those, plus 90 degrees up and down. Whether or not this can be classified as an 'airtime hill' might be up for debate... but it's a hill that provides airtime.

As for an existing element, the twisted top hats on the intamin launches I guess? But I don't think those would count. Maybe.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
On the top hat vs airtime hill debate, I think - for me - what classifies something as a top hat is not so much the verticality, but more the twisting involved in the incline/descent.

I reckon it would've been the now-dead top hat on the two S&S airlaunches as apparently you got some deadly ejector on those, plus 90 degrees up and down. Whether or not this can be classified as an 'airtime hill' might be up for debate... but it's a hill that provides airtime.

So yeah, I'd be of the view that these were airtime hills, not top hats. But I guess on this front, it's kinda splitting hairs, and can be argued to not be a "pure airtime hill".

There's certainly no park that has claimed to have the 'steepest airtime hill', I guess in part because it's a very obtuse claim to make, and 'steepest' probably isn't the correct word. So no way to confirm directly in that sense. I think Kondaa is a really good shout if we're ignoring verticality.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
MAEnvhy.jpg

MX9bBAx.jpg

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
This question becomes moot if top hats are included, it’s like asking what has more inversions, a single vertical loop or a single corkscrew?