Rita vs Stealth

• Rita

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Stealth

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Recently, I've been thinking of making a whole 'series' of forums, with two similar and well-matched rides/coasters battling it out against each other...and now here's my first one....

Rita vs Stealth. The only two Intamin accelerator/rocket coasters in the UK and completely different in layout...

Rita (http://www.coasterforce.com/world-park- ... sters/rita) is one of the top 5 coasters at Alton Towers, and although voted last by the poll, packs a significant punch. It sticks very low to the ground without reaching higher than 70ft and features plenty of banked turns and airtime hills.

Stats:
Length: 2099' 9"
Height: 68' 11"
Inversions: 0
Speed: 61.1 mph
Duration: 0:25
G-Force: 4.7
Max Acceleration: 0 - 61.1 mph in 2.5 seconds

Stealth (http://www.coasterforce.com/world-park- ... rs/stealth) is TP's signature attraction and is the tallest launched coaster in the Uk, topping off at 205ft, before plummeting down. Although considered a smaller and inferior version of SFGA's Kingda Ka, it offers thrills for thrill seekers around the world and with break-neck acceleration that will almost give you a face-lift!

Stats:
Length: 1312' 4"
Height: 205' 1"
Inversions: 0
Speed: 80 mph
Max Vertical Angle: 90 Degrees
G-Force: 4.5
Max Acceleration: 0 - 80 mph in 1.9 seconds
Elements:
205' 1" tall Top Hat - Outside
Hill

My verdict? It's difficult because they both have completely different layout, however, I prefer Stealth mainly because it's smoother and has much more of a rerideability factor where as Rita doesn't.

What does everyone else think?

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Stealth, clearly but this is hardly original and you have haven't been 'thinking' of a series, you seen you friend on facebook post it and you have basically just copied what he has said but then tried to make out that it's your idea?

What's next, Nemesis Inferno vs Nemesis, then Colossus vs The Smiler?

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Stealth is obviously going to win (as it should). It still has the best launch out of any coaster I've ridden. Its only crime is its length, but it still does a lot more than Rita, which is at best a 'decent' coaster.

jj23w said:
Although considered a smaller and FAR SUPERIOR version of SFGA's Kingda Ka

Changed. Let's stick to the facts :wink:

Snoo

The Legend
CookieCoasters said:
Stealth is obviously going to win (as it should). It still has the best launch out of any coaster I've ridden. Its only crime is its length, but it still does a lot more than Rita, which is at best a 'decent' coaster.

jj23w said:
Although considered a smaller and FAR SUPERIOR version of SFGA's Kingda Ka

Changed. Let's stick to the facts :wink:

To be fair, Kingda Ka sucks.. so it's not hard to do that.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
owentaylor121 said:
Stealth, clearly but this is hardly original and you have haven't been 'thinking' of a series, you seen you friend on facebook post it and you have basically just copied what he has said but then tried to make out that it's your idea?

No I didn't it's a thing called going to Alton Towers and then finding out everyone's opinion on CF so go suck a lemon please thanks.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
jj23w said:
owentaylor121 said:

No I didn't it's a thing called going to Towers and finding out everyone's opinion, so go suck a lemon please thanks.
Translation: I went to Alton Towers, went up to random people, and asked if they like Stealth or Rita better. Go lick a citrus fruit, thank you.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
He has been Towers once, I find it highly unlikely that he went round asking random people if they like Rita or Stealth more, and then for enough people to have ridden both and give an option.

Just funny the way his friend has made a youtube video comparing the both and now he claims it was his idea and makes out he was asking people in Towers their opinions...

Smithy

Strata Poster
Rita by a country mile, Stealth is gash.

Rita's launch is better (I couldn't stand Stealth's, it felt so much rougher), it's longer, the curves are forceful and the airtime is decent.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Stealth pisses all over Rita for me. The launch is amazing, it's so thrilling. Rita just turns your lower spine to dust and is ugh. Desert Race at Heide Park has the same layout as Rita, it's smoother and the launch feels better too, it goes to show that Rita could be alright...but even so, Stealth is infinitely better.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Stealth for me, Rita is just so bland... It doesn't actually do anything. The launch is relatively weak and the layout is quite weak. I've found it to be just a couple of meandering and forceless turns (where exactly is the airtime Smithy is talking about?).
On the other hand, I can't say that Stealth has a good layout. It would've been really awesome if it had the brakes applied a tad later than in the middle of the airtime hill. It is just such a weird feeling being thrown into the restrains when getting some air.

So, Stealth, but I feel they are both far off the best Intamin launchers out there.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Both are one trick ponies. I always had a soft spot for Rita as I quite liked the theming and the forest feel but having ridden Desert Race at Heide, I realised what a total turd of a ride it is when you strip the theming away. Stealth gets my vote then by process of elimination. The launch still gets the adrenaline pumping if I ride it first thing in the season. Once I've been on it a few times it tends to fade though.

Smithy

Strata Poster
TilenB said:
Stealth for me, Rita is just so bland... It doesn't actually do anything. The launch is relatively weak and the layout is quite weak. I've found it to be just a couple of meandering and forceless turns (where exactly is the airtime Smithy is talking about?).
On the other hand, I can't say that Stealth has a good layout. It would've been really awesome if it had the brakes applied a tad later than in the middle of the airtime hill. It is just such a weird feeling being thrown into the restrains when getting some air.

So, Stealth, but I feel they are both far off the best Intamin launchers out there.

When I rode Rita (think it was twice, both on the same day) I had airtime on at least two of the hills and the bunny hop at the end.

Rita doesn't doing anything, but what does Stealth actually do? It's a painful launch (for me), a top hat, and then a hill into brakes.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Stealth for me.
Rita is just a bit... 'meh'. In the grand scheme of things, Stealth is a bit 'meh' too, but not as 'meh' as Rita. Any atmosphere that Rita used to have was zapped the day the Dark Forest took over Ug Land. All that "You must escape" nonsense, what's that all about? You must escape what? A tree? Ooh scary...
That just made a 'meh' ride even more 'meh'.