• Total voters

Aaron

Hyper Poster
OK... This is the ultimate poll.

After 286 pages of...

"yeah, it will have airtime because *reason X*"

and

"No, it won't have airtime because *Reason Y*"

It's time to settle the score, did you get airtime when you rode it, or was it just not air-filled?

Post your views here!

(My view is kind of biased... I was sitting at the front on all three of my goes, and I got airtime on them all, even a little bit at the top! But having not been on any other row I cannot speak for them fairly)

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
If this is going to turn into a "UC you're right/wrong"

I should hope not, this is not what I intended this topic to do, I was merely interested in finding out what people thought...

I know Hales didn't feel any airtime (She was too busy bricking it :lol:)

I got a tiny bit of airtime on the top hat, but there was more on the actual lower hill...

Once again, this is NOT a "let's slate UC" topic, and I certainly do not want it to become one!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
LOL UC... If you remember, I supported you (though briefly and vaguely) on your "no airtime" argument. I said it would be like Rita's, where you were just about to get some, but then it was in the brakes and any chance of airtime gone.

I was wrong (dammit)... My first ride was at the back, and I got a small amount of airtime on the Tophat, and then another small jolt on the air-time hill. It wasn't a massive amount, but it was there. The train rockets over the hill and the brakes don't start slowing the train down (significantly) until the back car is over the crest.

Next go was on the front, and the was a lot of airtime and tophat, and a fair amount on the airtime hill.

So yes, there IS Airtime, and I was pretty shocked actually. It's purely down to the massive speed the train goes over it, and it really is moving!

[Edit] Just read UC's other topic :D I'd say it was strong Floater airtime. It was certainly verging on ejector, but I don't think it got there. It was pretty powerful though, especially at the front. I don't know how much the restraints stopped it from being ejector though.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
I got loads of airtime at the back, front and around middle! To get the most airtime i think you should keep your arms up! I found that with Oblivion. I was holding on a lot so i didn't get any airtime, but when i wasn't holding on, i was getting lots! But there is airtime allover!

stevewalsh

Roller Poster
This ride has loads of airtime, the Top Hat gives plenty, and then just to put the icing on the cake the airtime hump has loads of floater time to.
So UC seriously I think you need to check your math equations!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I said it would be like Rita's, where you were just about to get some, but then it was in the brakes and any chance of airtime gone.
Well... i get airtime there. =/

Anyway. I got airtime on the back of Stealth, but very ltitle ont he tophat and a fair bit of floater on the hill. I found there to be much more at the front in both cases, but i was paying more attention on the second and third time when i rode the front, so that's probably an unfair statement. I need to ride it more from a variety of seats.

Of course it has airtime. It's just defining what sort of 'airtime' we're talking about. I certainly experianced the same sort of feeling as i do over Colossus' hill, but i wouldn't compare it to the Grand National's airtime because grand national is so entirely different and old and rough and ...how can you compare two things so entirely different like that? I can't beleive people call the Grand National's airtime ejector and i'll be dissopointed if that is all ejector really is. :(

Maybe i just prefer floater?

And everyone thinks i'm crazy. But i get an insain gut wrenching feeling on the back of the train as it's pulled over the Vampire's second lifthill... and i love that feeling so much. What, exacly, is that? I kinda always thoguht of ejector being the cross between that feeling when your stomach goes and actually coming out of your seat, but i'm too inexperianced to really know.

stevewalsh

Roller Poster
^UC, you havn't been on Stealth so you can't comment!
Ejector is not were your pulled down, as how can you feel as if your being thrown form a ride if your being pulled into the seat!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
By UC's definition of 'true' ejector air, the only coaster i've ever experianced that on is Vampire.

I get it on Drop Towers, and even the stupid little kiddy bouncer thingies... and going over bridges marked 'slow' at 60ph in the car with dad. But not any other coaster other than 'ol Vampy ay the back.

I love that feeling too. When your gut is orgasmically wrentched from it's usual position and you gasp. :] *sighs...*

So no. Stealth does not have that feeling. Not even slightly. It does have floater, and you do get thrown out of your seat slightly, but not quickly enough or sharply enough to experiance that orgasmic pukey feeling.

Ejector is not were your pulled down, as how can you feel as if your being thrown form a ride if your being pulled into the seat!
It's kinda in the name, don't-cha think? ...'Eject'?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=eject

kir

Hyper Poster
Yes! I got airtime on Stealth.

Ultimate Coaster said:
what if I have some loyal fans who truly didn't believe it had any airtime?

Well if you do, link them to this topic. Because the poll result seems to suggest everyone got airtime so far.

Mat

Hyper Poster
Yes stealth has LOADS of it and I was pulling myself down.... I don't seem to remeber why tho :lol: But yes it has it over the airtime hill and the tophat.

Scarlet

Mega Poster
Stealth has tremendous airtime! At the very back with a little space from the restraint, the most wonderful floater is experienced on the top hat, all the way down the drop. And At the front and middle, strong ejector due to the breaks on the hill. Amazing ride, so many feelings and forces shoved into a tiny length of track as possible.

Angel

Hyper Poster
I dont know what kind of airtime it was but I definately got something when I really focused on it yesterday! I was shocked ... but it exists and hurts because they alwasy shove my restraint right hard onto my thighs :(

So yeah its there but if I wasnt trying to feel it I wouldnt ... and thats been proved as yesterday was what my 10th time on it yet I havent felt it before then?

A

Anonymous

Yep. A bit late after riding it, but there is a lot to be had on such a small ride.

I got a small amount of ejector at the tophat back row because i had my hands on my lap, which meant there was an inch or two of space between me and the restraint.

At the front, on the AT hill, there is a lot to be had. Its a great ride, woth some good spots of airtime.

Mark

Strata Poster
Yes I did. I didn't the first time but I think that was more down to me being a little more concerned about the launch!

Now I notice it clearly every time!