What's new

Canada’s Wonderland | Tundra Twister | Mondial Avalanche | 2023

cookie

Giga Poster
Last edited:

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
So Snoopy's Racing Railway is EXTREMELY out of left field, looks like it'll be taking over part of the old Dinosaur's Alive plot of land. Much-needed to have it back there considering that Ghoster Coaster should NOT be allowed to get 90 min+ waits.

It will indeed be an exact clone of Fridolin's verrückter Zauberexpress;
FZ4uEO9aIAArsu7.jpeg

cookie

Giga Poster
So Snoopy's Racing Railway is EXTREMELY out of left field, looks like it'll be taking over part of the old Dinosaur's Alive plot of land. Much-needed to have it back there considering that Ghoster Coaster should NOT be allowed to get 90 min+ waits.

It will indeed be an exact clone of Fridolin's verrückter Zauberexpress;
View attachment 19570
Guessing it’ll traverse the track twice in that case, much like Fridolin.

Indy

Hyper Poster
It's worth noting that this is Canada's Wonderland's 17th roller coaster, and 18th if you count powered coasters. Say what you will about the overall quality of the lot, but this only adds to the park's astonishing collection of flat rides and coasters. It's one of the best parks in North America and that's a hill I'll die on.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
No clue on the Racing Railway location.
Back part of Planet Snoopy has always been a little more obstructed from the rest of the area with nothing particularly interesting ever back there. Dinosaur's Alive went around it but has since closed, and there's a lot of room back there. It's also expansion area that the main park can't really access for anything unless the wooden coaster were to go. Thus, they have alot of space to pay around specifically for this.
Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 3.41.45 PM.png
Shame I'll probably only ride it once or twice though, because this thing is going to attract heavy kids area crowds and capacity will be dismal. With CW ops and knowing the kids area, we're probably looking at around 4 min between dispatches and therefore sub-200 pph.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Back part of Planet Snoopy has always been a little more obstructed from the rest of the area with nothing particularly interesting ever back there. Dinosaur's Alive went around it but has since closed, and there's a lot of room back there. It's also expansion area that the main park can't really access for anything unless the wooden coaster were to go. Thus, they have alot of space to pay around specifically for this.
View attachment 19586
Shame I'll probably only ride it once or twice though, because this thing is going to attract heavy kids area crowds and capacity will be dismal. With CW ops and knowing the kids area, we're probably looking at around 4 min between dispatches and therefore sub-200 pph.
Oh yep. It was literally stated to go back there and I just missed it. Sorry!

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Great addition with the coaster with one small exception. Canada's Wonderland desperately needed more family/kiddie coasters in their lineup and this fits that nicely, but because that park is always slammed and this has pretty awful capacity i'm not sure how much it'll actually do to alleviate the lines for the kids/family attractions.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
I’m not sure how much it'll actually do to alleviate the lines for the kids/family attractions.
Yeah hate to agree with you on this one. In fact, I can see it becoming notoriously elusive for anyone who doesn’t regularly visit the park. It’s a unique coaster that would be a pain to miss, but with crowds and legit everything else it’ll be a tough call to get in a lengthy line for this. Granted, it could become the park’s hidden gem, just a hard-to-get one.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Am I the only one that grabs these sorts of rides first up?

The main coasters at CW are high capacity B&Ms so you could quite easily rope drop this then go straight back to Leviathan nearby...

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
We have a little bit more information regarding Snoopy’s Racing Railway as per the Rollercoasters Eh ACE event this past weekend;

Gist is that they kept very close tabs on Fridolin's verrückter Zauberexpress while it was in development but funnily enough never sent a rep out to Austria to check it out. They’re well aware that this isn’t going to kill it with capacity, so the solution right now is adding a 7th car and planning for one lap only, although they’ll leave the option open for a second.

As for Tundra Twister, there’s a lot still in the air - it has an aura of complete baffling mystery and intrigue that common flat rides rarely have anymore - but with this they’re pretty much certified as the Mondial capital of the world, even outdoing the fair circuits.

Last edited:

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Visited the park today, both rides are currently at progress point zero save the occasional marker. That’s odd considering that usually by this time of year the park has extensive groundwork done on whatever their next attractions are, but so be it. Coaster hillside below, there’s a lot of land behind this though that’s still untouched;
2690B426-8E51-496E-9A52-863F7C73A11C.jpeg

Tundra Twister is going to be a very interesting development. That site is much smaller in person than you’d think it to be, and they’ve already stated that no infrastructure is being removed for this. Most parks would probably add a drop tower or compact flat ride here and call it a day. CW might be trying to pull a Tivoli Gardens over here, which I cannot wait to see;
355587EB-2176-44C5-B1FA-234CCB1486FF.jpeg
A65991C6-F006-4FE4-8744-0CB2AB214296.jpeg
F4342DDD-CDD4-45A2-9462-5CEBD100238E.jpeg

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Everyone’s favourite Canadian content creators are back at it again with the drone antics, park has begun clearing out trees behind Ghoster Coaster. The construction site is well hidden from the rest of the park and can be seen during the first minute of the video;