What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
triggered by Disney (eventually, when pressed by their employees and customers) speaking out against the nasty right-wing politicians policies discriminating against LGBT youth.
it's worth noting that Disney only spoke out after the bill was passed because of the pressure and they're still getting targeted for it.

Will be curious to see what happens next but the taxpayers just incurred a **** ton of debt.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Will be curious to see what happens next but the taxpayers just incurred a **** ton of debt.
As a resident of Orange County, I'm not happy at all with this entire situation. However, it's far from over and will almost certainly be challenged in court.

Pear

Strata Poster
As a resident of Orange County, I'm not happy at all with this entire situation. However, it's far from over and will almost certainly be challenged in court.
I'm a resident as well (albeit pretty new here) and I can't wait for this situation to be over. I pass by the main entrance to Disney Springs on the way to the highway and I've seen far-right nuts protesting Disney and blocking traffic. I feel like this will all subside after the midterms or whenever they find a new made up thing to be mad about.

Christian

Hyper Poster
What a ****show! Disney has all right to oppose that bill but I find it disgusting that Florida wants to punish any opposition. Being allowed to oppose something, whatever it is, is democracy. But in the US neither republicans nor democrats seem to respect this. This whole issue could have so easily died down. Let Disney condemn the bill and after a couple of weeks nobody will care anymore. Instead Florida now wants to mess with Disney in something that really doesn't benefit them.

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
Recently, in Everland, Korea, a lion tried to broke glasses of a Safari World tram car.
While lions are fighting to decide the rank, one male lion was pushed into a tram car, and tried to invade into the tram.
The glasses were shattered, but the 2nd safety system, a film, protected the guests.
So, Safari World is in indefinite closure. Lost Valley, another Safari next to it, is still operating well.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
FB_IMG_1650640776125.jpgFB_IMG_1650640751706.jpg

A guest at Universal studios Beijing has died after riding Decepticoaster. Sounds like a heart attack as opposed to anything mechanically wrong with the ride, but still not good either way.

Source: Roller Coaster Dream on FB

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Debated whether to respond to this or not as we're now delving full into politics not coasters, but the courts are vastly weighted in Florida's favor.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Debated whether to respond to this or not as we're now delving full into politics not coasters, but the courts are vastly weighted in Florida's favor.
Yeah, understandable. I also attempted to steer clear of a political discussion as much as possible. And you're right. I was simply pointing out that it'll be a minute before the cord is officially cut.

cookie

Giga Poster
The rethemed log flume at Toverland is now open:

If I've understood the Google translation correctly, it's still having bits added to it too.
The page on their website says it's basically a "soft-opening phase" in time for the May holidays and that the theming is not completely finished, but the remaining work will be carried out after operating hours. The ride may go down during the day in case work on a specific section can't be carried out at night, however.

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Walibi Holland are set to replace their VR experience, NeuroGen, with a Halloween attraction this year. NeuroGen has been closed since the start of the pandemic, and was confirmed to not reopen this year.

This is located next to the building which houses The Clinic *nods in @Howie's direction*, and in fact they shared the same entrance. I don't think the fate of The Clinic is known yet, so will be interesting to see what happens there. I guess it's possible the new attraction could replace both NeuroGen and The Clinic?

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I don't think the fate of The Clinic is known yet,

For what it's worth, the swirly signs on the front of the entrance building saying 'Neurogen' and 'The Clinic' have both been removed, so it doesn't look too hopeful unfortunately. 😥

Projektion

Mega Poster

Fujiyama and Fujiyama tower will be closed from mid-May to July so that they can build the slide on the tower.