What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Matt N

CF Legend
Europa Park have started construction on a new restaurant, my guess is that it will be similar to space 220 at Epcot.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the park might have already announced a bit about Eatrenalin, and from what I could ascertain, it was basically a dark ride and a restaurant put together.

In other news, it would appear that Universal has patented a new restraint technology that aims to reduce motion sickness on its screen-based attractions: https://insidethemagic.net/2021/06/universal-motion-sickness-ad1/

The technology involves air being blown from certain angles onto the rider; something to do with the airflow apparently reduces motion sickness. The tech has already been tested, though, and did apparently cause a substantial reduction in motion sickness, so it’ll clearly be a winner if put on any new Universal attractions or retrofitted to existing ones!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the park might have already announced a bit about Eatrenalin, and from what I could ascertain, it was basically a dark ride and a restaurant put together.
Exactly that pretty much!

All the info known already is here:

Niles

Giga Poster
Shame it never came to be as it looks pretty fun, I have a soft spot for duelling coasters and I think that it would have been a great fit at Drayton, hopefully they can get something like this in the future.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Wtf is going on with US woodies atm...

1625004219076.png

Screenshot_20210629-170626_Instagram.png

Apparently, the front left running wheel on car 6 of El Toro exploded.

bmac

Giga Poster
Whats in this from the authorities perspective? I hear that they're fairly strict on amusement rides and safety, what could this warrant SF from them?
New Jersey will ask for them to reinspect the ride and probably just supervise part of the daily track inspection process that Great Adventure does, maybe ask for a 3rd party to come in at most. Recertify the ride's annual inspection prior to reopening and then recertify the damaged train when it is repaired and demonstrated in front of an inspector.

Nobody got hurt on the ride and maintenance responded and had everyone off within 15 minutes.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like we missed a bit of news about Vipère, the Intamin ZacSpin relocated from SFMM to La Ronde. It was originally due to open last year, but then ... 2020 happened. The opening date was moved to 2021.

And then 2020 happened some more, and the opening date was moved again, to "a later date".

This news was actually announced in September last year, so I'm very late on the ball here. The Vipère thread in the construction forum has been stickied without activity since September 2019, approaching some sort of record, so I didn't want to bump it just for the sake of some already-old news that basically only says "expect no more news for a while". I hope this post satisfies your thirst for Vipère news for the time being, and we can bump the thread when more concrete news are announced. It shouldn't be long before the 2022 announcements now, so probably something will happen then.

nadroJ

CF Legend
This has appeared on coaster-count this week.

This must be the ultimate in spite - seems you have to hire the venue for a wedding or similar if you want the kiddy cred!! :D

Pricing-wise that place is stupidly reasonable for a wedding venue, I feel like if enough of us clubbed together we could figure something out!