What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

cookie

Giga Poster
All I remember about Wild Arctic was that me and my brother went for the stationary version just because the 'simulator' side had a line and we just wanted to see the polar bears before we had to leave the park (our parents were waiting for us by the entrance), and that lead to us sitting on a bench watching a screen for four minutes which definitely had the air of "welp, I guess that was a thing."

Wikipedia says you're allowed to just walk past the stationary version to get to the exhibits but I don't remember that being the case in 2009...

Matt N

CF Legend
All I remember about Wild Arctic was that me and my brother went for the stationary version just because the 'simulator' side had a line and we just wanted to see the polar bears before we had to leave the park (our parents were waiting for us by the entrance), and that lead to us sitting on a bench watching a screen for four minutes which definitely had the air of "welp, I guess that was a thing."

Wikipedia says you're allowed to just walk past the stationary version to get to the exhibits but I don't remember that being the case in 2009...
Both attractions offer a non-ride option (or at least, did in 2016). We actually only rode the Antarctica ride once, and used this non-rider line for our other visits to SeaWorld, as it tended to be much shorter, and the penguin exhibit was the highlight of the experience for us anyway!

I don’t think I ever actually rode the simulator of Wild Arctic because of this non-rider option; I think we used the non-rider line on our only experience of Wild Arctic.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Don't think this has been posted anywhere but a new cred has opened at the new Gullivers Park.
Afraid not -
Ok so this place has just randomly opened a brand new SBF junior coaster that absolutely no one seems to have known about:-

:p

Rupert

Mega Poster
As of yesterday Europa Park is now served by Deutsche Bahn long distance trains between Frankfurt and Milan (via Switzerland), which stop at Ringsheim for the shuttle bus.

The route is Frankfurt - Mannheim - Karlsruhe - Ringsheim - Freiburg - Basel - Luzern/Lucerne - Bellinzona - Chiasso - Milan.

Pretty great that you can now tie the park in whilst getting the train between some major cities on a pretty spectacular route. I just hope the station and the sauna-like shuttle buses are up to the likely increased traffic (or they finally build a monorail out there - was that ever a serious suggestion?)!

Source: https://instagram.com/stories/europ...urce=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=copy_link

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It seems that Hollywood Tour at Phantasialand is no more, with the ride have safety signage no longer present, as well as it no being listed on the park's new map:

1623399869384.png
Source: https://www.facebook.com/PHLInfos

The ride was closed for much of last year, with some sort of water damage believed to be the reason. The page for the ride still exists on the park's website, but you have to explicitly search for it, rather than just finding it on the website.

Whether this is truly the end, or just an extended closure whilst the park recover from Covid is of course unknown.

It does raise an interesting question of what happens next though. For the first time in basically a decade, the park aren't visibly working on any investment. There's long standing rumours that the next major investment will revitalise the China area of the park, but the Hollywood Tour / Crazy Bats building has also been spoken about before. If this is the end, do the park opt to focus on this area before China? And if so, how does that affect the dinner show which is also housed in that building?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Saw this on Discord right now:

73idvw8bpw471.jpg

That's Gatekeeper's lift chain being ever so slightly out of its proper alignment. The ride might be down for a little while.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

bmac

Giga Poster
They took that crackhead idea that Funtime had with their Star Flyers using Skycoaster Flight Suits and ran with it.