What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Matt N

CF Legend
I have some news to share about two rather intriguing unexpected ride closures at Walt Disney World that I just discovered:
  • Primeval Whirl at Disney's Animal Kingdom has been closed since 17th June for inexplicable reasons, with no confirmed reopening date.
  • Astro Orbiter at Disney's Magic Kingdom has been closed since 12th July, and will be reopening on 15th August.
The reasoning for these closures is unknown, although one could presume it's down to faulty parts or something. I find Primeval Whirl particularly interesting, as I did actually hear one source mention the Lightwater Valley incident as a potential reason for closure...

Just thought I'd let you all know! Here's a Theme Park Tourist link with more info: https://www.themeparktourist.com/ne...losures-happening-right-now-walt-disney-world

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I have some news to share about two rather intriguing unexpected ride closures at Walt Disney World that I just discovered:
  • Primeval Whirl at Disney's Animal Kingdom has been closed since 17th June for inexplicable reasons, with no confirmed reopening date.
  • Astro Orbiter at Disney's Magic Kingdom has been closed since 12th July, and will be reopening on 15th August.
The reasoning for these closures is unknown, although one could presume it's down to faulty parts or something. I find Primeval Whirl particularly interesting, as I did actually hear one source mention the Lightwater Valley incident as a potential reason for closure...

Just thought I'd let you all know! Here's a Theme Park Tourist link with more info: https://www.themeparktourist.com/ne...losures-happening-right-now-walt-disney-world

Just an unannounced refurbishment per Bioreconstruct:

zazobo

Hyper Poster

Pear

Strata Poster

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
This is some obscure but pretty sad news. The Formula Pax (clone of the one at Parc Saint Paul) at Central Park in Kaliningrad just suffered a fairly major fire. Destroying the station and the cars it seems. According to the news articles the local authorities are not ruling out Arson.

With such a rare ride type from a company that seems to no longer make coasters I dont hold out huge hope for it opening again :/

Kalin.jpgKalin2.jpgKalin3.jpgKalin4.jpg

davidm

Strata Poster
Not really small news for the chap involved, but dressing up as a silly mascot thing at an amusement park (Hirakata in Osaka) in a heatwave is not such a good idea.

Niles

Giga Poster

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
In some South American news it appears Fantasilandia in Chile is looking to move to a new location in the near future.
With their current land lease due to expire in 2022 they are looking to move to a much larger location that will expand the park from 6.5 to 27 hectares. A sizeable increase.
https://www.cnnchile.com/pais/fanta...ue-ohiggins-y-llegar-a-san-bernardo_20180910/

A new update on this project from Chile as Fantasilandia publish plans for their future relocation project. The plans show all 5 of the old coasters moving over along with the addition of 4 new ones.

A new out and back wooden coaster along with a Vekoma SFC, Junior Boomerang and Rollerskater set.

The whole extensive document can be seen here (in Spanish)

vaM6DTx.png8QH7bKe-01.jpeg

cookie

Giga Poster
Pretty impressive if they manage to move the whole park and add several new rides on top of it. That will not come cheap.