What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
So wait, do you have to pay $8 to bring your own rubber duck? Or do you bring your own rubber duck and you can voluntarily pay $8? Or can you buy a rubber duck for $8?

Either way this is very saddening.

Peet

Giga Poster
So wait, do you have to pay $8 to bring your own rubber duck? Or do you bring your own rubber duck and you can voluntarily pay $8? Or can you buy a rubber duck for $8?

Either way this is very saddening.
If you have a rubber duck with you then you can get in for the discount rate of £8 instead of the full price.

It's a classic Merlin fun PR thing, nothing wrong with doing this sort of whacky promotion although clearly it's nothing to get excited about!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Thanks to alpengeist over at Roller Coaster Masters for this pic from IAAPA Asia. It shows the previously posted wiegand launched water slide in model form.

-699a9217dfdec616.jpg

And a few of other pics from the show. (and no there's no surf coaster at the B&M stand before anyone asks :p)
The trail coaster seems to be from Polin which must be new and the golden horse stand has some interesting concept art.
-41c19265008c29d3.jpg2f1cd1bdd84236c8.jpg34a7610396a72b13.jpgmmexport1560341938425.jpgmmexport1560334326288.jpgmmexport1560334317106.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
... and the golden horse stand has some interesting concept art.
-41c19265008c29d3.jpg
May I guess that the words cut off in the upper left are "Chronic back pains"?

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
The Factory Coaster looks like a very interesting model, as I think it could be regional parks' answers to a coaster like Revenge of the Mummy while also keeping on a sensible budget.

davidm

Strata Poster
Cedar Fair buys Schlitterbahn
$261M for New Braunfels and Galveston ...... and an option on the somewhat tainted Kansas for $6M
?

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
If it is just the big six challenge again but with the dungeons it's going to be quite difficult, not only do you have to pay extra to get into the dungeons but you've got to try and get on six rides with Summer queues and Alton's ridiculous opening hours. When I ran a school trip there last Summer we didn't even get to X-Sector and Forbidden Valley before the park closed.