What's new

Six Flags to make all 2015 announcements August 28

Hobbes

Mega Poster
^Why? I assume Iron Horsing it would be both cheaper and easier than tearing it down and building from scratch.

TJH

Roller Poster
Also what does everyone think of the possibility of whatever Fiesta Texas is getting being Batman themed? There have been clues that seem to suggest so plus the fact that they don't have a major Batman ride yet.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
So it looks like somebody has discovered all the names of the 2015 rides.

Over Georgia - Jokers Chaos
White Water - Dive Bomber
Over Texas - Battle for Metropolis
Great America - 40 Seasons
Great Escape - Buccaneer Beach
Magic Mountain - Twisted Colossus
New England - Wicked Cyclone
Great Adventure - Looping Dragon
Fiesta Texas - Batman the Ride
Discovery Kingdom - Dare Devil Chaos
St. Louis - Battle for Metropolis
America - Bourbon Street Fireball
La Ronde - Maison Rouge
Mexico - Sky Screamer

Source: http://coaster-net.com/forums/index.php ... ntry265767

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Six Flags (allegedly) adding carnival rides is a **** joke.

Twisted Colossus sounds like they are just making it race again, which is nice. I really really hope they go all out and don't cheap this thing because I will be so pissed if they **** this up.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I'd be amused if they really are adding the Ring of Fire rides to SFOG and SFGAdv seeing is how both parks removed their Intamin Looping Star Ships over the past 6-7 years.... Why add nearly the same ride you've removed... but with way less riders per cycle.

Also, Wicked Cyclone is just awful.

The Hedgehog

Mega Poster
CanobieFan said:
I'd be amused if they really are adding the Ring of Fire rides to SFOG and SFGAdv seeing is how both parks removed their Intamin Looping Star Ships over the past 6-7 years.... Why add nearly the same ride you've removed... but with way less riders per cycle.

Also, Wicked Cyclone is just awful.
I'm going to be so damned pissed if they add stupid Ring of Fire ride to my home park. (SFOG) The last coaster was DDD, and while I appreciate it for what it is, it's irritating knowing that it's going to be a LONG time until something cool is added.

njn63

Mega Poster
TJH said:
Also what does everyone think of the possibility of whatever Fiesta Texas is getting being Batman themed? There have been clues that seem to suggest so plus the fact that they don't have a major Batman ride yet.
Well... they do have a major Batman ride but they used a different generic Six Flags name instead.

I wasn't expecting much from SFGAm this year obviously but the name "40 Seasons" really sounds like a show/parade and their videos so far have been showing Hometown Square too often (location of IgNIGHT in 2013 and the theatre). Yay for a non-addition announcement. :?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
So Over Georgia, Great Adventure, Discovery Kingdom and SF America are all getting Ring Of Fire rides while Over Texas and St Louis get Justice League dark rides. Mexico finally gets a Star Flyer and I'm not sure what La Ronde's "red house" will be, but it doesn't look like tomorrow's announcements will be that impressive.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
What time are the announcements tomorrow, does anyone know? I'm full on ready to be pissed off by how bad things turn out.

Knowing Six Flags, the dark ride will be ****, they will try and count the Ring of Fires as new coasters, and they will tear one side off Colossus completely and just have it be one track, and despite being awesome, everyone will always say what it could have been.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Six Flags Great Adventure sent me an email stating that they will be making their announcement at 5:30 a.m. tomorrow morning. So you better set your alarm clock very early. :wink:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Leak from Great America. Looks like what KD did for this year.

etepu3yr.jpg

Cached link: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
I am really looking forward to what the specifics on Wicked Cyclone will be. I also don't like that name and really hope that isn't the real name. Screamscape made it seem like it was a tribute to our New England slang since we say wicked a lot lol.

TilenB

Strata Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sffjnZ6rkk4[/youtube]

It's in! I've kind of face-palmed when they announced their 4 rings of fire as coasters...

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
It annoyed me how they announced all their ring of fire rides separately, when they were so obviously the exact same ride. Overall, the RMC coasters look absolutely fantastic, Batman looks a little too much like the Zac Spins for me to be particularly excited about, but it may ride better.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I can imagine the phone conversation between Six Flags and Larson.

[phone rings at Larson head office]
Larson: Larson International, how can I help you?
Six Flags: Hey, mornin' Larson, this is Six Flags. How are you doing?
Larson: mmm... great!
Six Flags: Are you busy right now?
Larson: sure. Why?
Six Flags: Nah, we just want to plonk 4 giant loops of yours in our parks and call it a day.
Larson (spits coffee): WHAT?
Six Flags: YOLOOO! Well, gotta go. RMC and FunTime are on hold! :--D
[Phone conversation ends]

peep

CF Legend
I gotta say that most of those logos were really nice.

The S&M Batman cred looks like a poor man's Zacspin. Meh.

Question, is the Justice League dark rides a clone of what Sally Corp built in Australia?

The RMCs don't particularly excite me, that weird hang time thing looks hideous in every way. Though I'll admit the duelling one looks quite fun, would like to see the full layout of that.