What's new

Six Flags to make all 2015 announcements August 28

_koppen

Hyper Poster
BBH said:
The SFGAdv speculations don't make any sense. Why would they add an RMC when there's an Intamin prefab in the same park? I can see a GCI going in, but certainly not an RMC.

As others have already written, why not?

A RMC ride who focus on overbanks and inversions, and maybe also features a similar first drop to Medusa would be a really bad-a$$ combo along with El Toro.

marc

CF Legend
tomahawk said:
It seems, from reading this, it would be a bit more family friendly than a zacspin.

At least with an S&S you won't get thrown out, just smacked with a cable.

Very true as it will be shut more than open if it ever runs at all :)

Intricks

Strata Poster
So SFNE posted a teaser via their twitter:

tynevyte.jpg

Could we be seeing a different name other than Iron Cyclone?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Darren B

Giga Poster
^Surely the Iron Horse treatment would take until 2016 To complete, as was the case with the 2 in Texas.

However, the advertisement you've posted indicates that it could be open for 2015. Surely shelter is in reference to taking shelter in the event of a natural disaster such as a hurricane, tornado or cyclone.

Darren B

Giga Poster
CookieCoasters said:
^ I thought Iron Rattler only took a year.

You could be correct, it was my fault assuming that Rattler took as long as NTG to convert. Haven't they also shut the ride already to start the conversion? That tells me that 2015 is the correct year.

Intricks

Strata Poster
They roughly take an entire off-season to do. Colossus though might take 2 years though, only due to size though.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Colossus' size is enough to make it the two years, but the California codes and unions will make it 2-3. No bad weather ever and it will still open late.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Lets not forget about Goliath. It was built in almost a year. I wonder how Six Flags would pull off an Iron Horse in Great Adventure.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Glennderp said:
Lets not forget about Goliath. It was built in almost a year. I wonder how Six Flags would pull off an Iron Horse in Great Adventure.
Please tell me you mean one from scratch...

Also, Goliath is a WOODEN COASTER. NOT a Hybrid.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
Glennderp said:
Please tell me you mean one from scratch...

Also, Goliath is a WOODEN COASTER. NOT a Hybrid.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk
Im talking about the one in Six Flags Great America.

CoburnJason54

Roller Poster
When I think about Great Adventure, how many more B&M"s do you need? (I'm not complaining just from the parks point of view) I think they should get a RMC, fit in well and it would put one RMC in their top three parks, but I think its anyones best guess. When I was doing an el toro ert a few weeks ago around midnight I saw a few six flags trucks driving around the old footprint of Rolling Thunder. I don't think they stopped just to make sure the sprinklers were working...

On twitter Fiesta Texas said both "wood" and "steel" in a tweet. I think it could possibly be a GCI woodie like White Lightning, or it could just be another teaser.

TJH

Roller Poster
Hey what does everyone think Great America is getting? I'm not sure but I think they are really flying under the radar. Even with their choose your path video series.

Intricks

Strata Poster
So now I am seriously stoked for the RMC of Cyclone. The height difference from the original lift to the 10+ foot higher new additions is making me giggle in sheer giddy anticipation.

BBH

Giga Poster
TJH said:
Hey what does everyone think Great America is getting? I'm not sure but I think they are really flying under the radar. Even with their choose your path video series.
Probably a dark ride, which I'm extremely excited about the possibility of.