What's new

Six Flags St. Louis 2013

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Today I had the pleasure of visiting one of my favorite parks for a day. The weather was beautiful and the crowds were incredibly low for some reason (I don't think St. Louis schools are out yet). I'll go through the good, bad, ugly, and mediocre.

Good
-The lines were short, allowing us to practically walk on to Batman in the front row. Mr. Freeze was the longest wait at 20 minutes. I actually rode Ninja twice in a row because one of my friends was a single rider in the front row with no line. Superman: Tower of Power also had no line and I rode it twice in a row as well.
-The ride ops and staff were helpful for the most part, friendly, and entertaining. They didn't staple me in my seat when I wanted airtime (back seat of American Thunder) and were more than willing to answer any questions I had about the coaster. I was especially surprised when one of the Mr. Freeze ride ops knew what songs were playing in the background.
-The rides were somehow all better than I remember them. I don't know why but they just were.
-Superman. First time. Twice in a row to start off the day. Never got much better than that.
-Airtime was plentiful on all the coasters that I expected it to be and some that I didn't.

Bad
-While on Batman's lift hill, the ride decided to break down and stop. Luckily, we were able to finish our ride and the weather was nice. Breeze really helped. The staff member that was up there with us was very friendly and gave us good conversation.
-Food prices were, are, and always will be incredibly high.

Ugly
-Boomerang was still not open. It is assembled and I even got a glimpse of it testing. (This could also go under good, I guess.) I don't know why they haven't opened it yet. It looked pretty, but that was about it.
-Constant ads. They just upset me.
-Canned ride announcements.

Mediocre
-Park cleanliness. It was decent but nowhere near where it could have been.
-Some of the rides (Pandemonium and Batman AFAIK) were not open when the park opened. Luckily, they were both open later in the day.
-Some ride ops were sticklers for the rules. I understand why but they were really strict today.

Overall, another great day at SFStL. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and my group had fun too. Some things always annoy me about the park, but for the most part it was pretty good.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Nice. IMO I don't think getting stuck on a coaster on a day like that would be too bad. :wink: It's an interesting experience.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
It was interesting. Not too bad, but I had to meet up with my group shortly and I wanted to re-ride American Thunder (which I did) and The Boss (which I didn't). In that situation, it didn't work too well.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Out of curiosity - what makes the Boss stand out in your mind?

gopats1479

Mega Poster
It really was the first coaster that genuinely pleased me. Sure, Batman is awesome and Mr. Freeze is incredibly intense now that it's backwards, but The Boss holds its intensity throughout its 3 minute ride, while those other ones are (too) short and sweet. American Thunder is the only thing that comes close because of its amazing airtime (back row is best, BTW). And the roughness just adds to the ride. No pain, no gain.