What's new

Six Flags Qiddiya| Saudi Arabia | Theme Park

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
They sure as 💩 are. Red is the gigantic sweeping overbank toward the end of the ride and yellow should be the initial lift hill. Yet again this project surprises me with how much actual construction is going on.

Lofty

CF Legend
OMG TRANS AND GAY PEOPLE DYING IS SOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I hope you go through with your plan you're a piece of **** for thinking the death and oppression of LGBT people and women in Saudi Arabia is a joke.
Listen, JoshC is an ally of the LGBTQ+ community - he has friends that are of the community.

Yes, the 'joke' was ill thought, but the fact that he acknowledged that and reverted the statement is good enough for me. I've seen a lot worse comments from LGBTQ+ community themselves...

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Interesting article about Qiddiya's F1 track and how as part of their tourism venture Saudi Arabia has expressed interest in holding races at both there and the existing Jeddah Corniche Circuit. Should this not work out the ministry is open to alternating the venues by year;

Oh, and it said that Qiddiya is projected to be ready in 2026. Don't know if it's just the F1 track or the facility as a whole, time will tell.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
A neat attraction tidbit that came out of IAAPA;

Saudi site for first underwater ride​

November 16, 2022

The world’s first underwater ride will be built at the Qiddiya Water Theme Park, just south of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

aqua

The California-based developer, Sub Sea Systems, announced at IAAPA when it opened its doors [on November 15), that the innovative underwater recreational experience will be named Aquaticar.

The ride system features 17 fully submersible cars and is powered by air. The vehicle’s Bubble Engine harnesses the uplift force of air bubbles to propel the car through a fully themed underwater environment.

During the ride, passengers’ upper bodies remain dry inside the car’s air canopy with continuous air supply, while their lower halves iare submerged in the water.

The ride gravity descends to a depth of nine feet and journeys through an underwater archaeological site with ancient ruins, shipwrecks, artefacts and a kelp forest. Sensors trigger special effects and synchronised audio entertainment.

The ride will last around four-and-a-half minutes with two passengers per vehicle, which means that it can carry 300 passengers per hour, aged five or older.

This was first presented way back in 2017. You can read more and watch the video here;

Attachments

• qiddiya-water-theme-park-80705000.jpg
    qiddiya-water-theme-park-80705000.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 45