Six Flags or Cedar Fair?

• Six Flags

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Cedar Fair

Votes: 19 57.6%

• Total voters

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
We may have already had this poll before, but I thought we'd take in the recent rides announced into consideration. It seems to me like Six Flags has stepped up their game for 2014. Cedar Fair, meanwhile, seems to be falling behind. And on top of that, they've dropped Intamin as a manufacturer, and have yet to build anything with Rocky Mountain. I use to be a CF guy, but now I'm slightly leaning towards SF. The only thing that really bugs me about them is that their are advertisements EVERYWHERE. But other than that, I'm slightly Six Flags. I dunno, what do you guys think? You don't have to have been to one of their parks to vote!

jolash

Mega Poster
Cedar Fair hands down. This may not be a popular opinion but I really have a burning hatred for Six Flags. I just absolutely despise how they do business.

Not to mention that their biggest customer are 13 yr old tweens. It's obnoxious as hell to go to a park and be surrounded by mostly punk ass kids who... Well you know how kids are now-a-days.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
^ Not all 'kids' are bad these days :) . However, I know what you mean. I have never been to one of better CF parks ( I have only been to knotts and CGA), whereas I have been to SFMM which is one of the main SF parks. I don't really have enough experience to vote, but i love SFMM<3.

Snoo

The Legend
Cedar Fair.

The employees are better.
The food is typically better.
The ads are much less numerous and less annoying.
The people who visit the parks I find typically are of better quality.

Six Flags has gotten better.. but still not as good. Six Flags does have better rides for the most part tbh.

I've been to every Six Flags and Cedar Fair park on this side of the Rockies minus ValleyFair. Of course, that doesn't mean CF isn't without fault.

Mike

Giga Poster
Six Flags, absolutely no question about it.

Worlds of Fun and Valleyfair are all right, and I've not done Cedar Point, but Knott's, Dorney, Kings Dominion (aka the worst theme park in the world), Cali Great Am. and Gilroy Gardens are all big steaming piles of concrete and meh., with very few, if any, stand-out rides between them.

Every time I've ever been to a Six Flags park, I've always expected them to be rubbish based on what other enthusiasts say about Six Flags, yet more often than not I've come away impressed with the parks.

bmac

Giga Poster
Six Flags is still trying to wipe the smear that was Mark Shapiro. If you ask me the only thing they really need to do is get rid of all the sponsorships in the parks, but that revenue is making them a killing.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I've only been to Cedar Point and SFNE. I love Cedar Point, and SFNE is okay, so right now it's Cedar Fair. I need to get to more CF and SF parks to get a better opinion.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Six Flags. I said the same thing back when I actually experienced a few of each back in 2010.

Since then, Six Flags has really upped their game, while Cedar Fair has totally stagnated.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Cedar Fair. Never had a bad experience at one and has Cedar Point.

Six Flags has great early parks like Over Texas, Over Georgia, and St Louis. However, Great Adventure was terrible.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
Edward M said:
Six Flags has great early parks like Over Texas, Over Georgia, and St Louis. However, Great Adventure was terrible.
Please tell me your joking. Great Adventure is amazing. fantastic. Best park on the east coast. Amazing! I love everything about that park! and now zumanjaro!

bentcookie

Mega Poster
Cedar Fair.

Six Flags likes to vinyl wrap their coaster trains with advertisements lol. Completely ruins the experience at the park.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Six Flags has made lots of gains over the last ten year, but still trails behind Cedar Fair.

Cedar Fair has better:

- Ride operation
- Employee management
- Park design and operation

While Six Flags has better ride offerings - the corporate sell out of ads in the park and lacking operations drags them down. The margin between Six Flags and Cedar Fair has diminished over the years, but is still present.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I'd take a dirty gritty Six Flags park over a super sterile (BLAND) Cedar Fair park anyday.
No real contest here.

Edward M

Strata Poster
CPSFMMCW said:
Edward M said:
Please tell me your joking. Great Adventure is amazing. fantastic. Best park on the east coast. Amazing! I love everything about that park! and now zumanjaro!

I had a terrible experience. Everything except Toro and Nitro was **** . Workers were rude. I asked where the bathroom was and they told me to go find it myself. They just rolled their eyes. The operations caused outrageous lines, including about 4 hours for Superman. Overall, I hated it. I though the other three six flags were far superior

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
bentcookie said:
Cedar Fair.

Six Flags likes to vinyl wrap their coaster trains with advertisements lol. Completely ruins the experience at the park.

Right, because when I'm upside down or getting launched in a rollercoaster, nothing ruins my day like an ad for hair product I can't even see.
;)

jolash

Mega Poster
rollermonkey said:
bentcookie said:
Cedar Fair.

Right, because when I'm upside down or getting launched in a rollercoaster, nothing ruins my day like an ad for hair product I can't even see.
;)

No it's really awful. It's tacky. It screams "we don't make enough money". And personally I see it as defacing the rides for what they're supposed to be.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk