What's new

Six Flags Great America | Maxx Force | S&S Air Launch

Matt N

CF Legend
Is Raging Bull really that bad? I know it's not supposed to be the strongest B&M hyper out there, but it's still a 200ft B&M, so what's not to like?

Shame about the delays to Maxx Force, though! Hopefully it'll be open soon!

jodon1981

Roller Poster
Is Raging Bull really that bad? I know it's not supposed to be the strongest B&M hyper out there, but it's still a 200ft B&M, so what's not to like?

I really like Raging Bull, but ride experience is greatly effected by where you are sitting. To me, Raging Bull is a back row only coaster. You get great air time on the first drop and out of the MCBR and several other spots of floater. If you are in the middle of the train, there is not much airtime at all.

Matt N

CF Legend
I really like Raging Bull, but ride experience is greatly effected by where you are sitting. To me, Raging Bull is a back row only coaster. You get great air time on the first drop and out of the MCBR and several other spots of floater. If you are in the middle of the train, there is not much airtime at all.
Ah right. Thanks for the clarification @jodon1981!

Snoo

The Legend

Honestly, the ride doesn't do anything. Trims DESTROY the ride. What makes it worse is that you can see the potential it has but it goes too slow to enjoy it. To top it off, coasters like Fury and Leviathan exist which is more maddening because RB was cut short from being a phenomenal ride.

Pear

Strata Poster
Looks like there's not much left!

JPEG_20190510_105140.jpg

20190510_105749.jpg

JPEG_20190510_105842.jpg

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I've kept a close eye on this as i'll be at the park on the 12th June. I've accepted that this isn't gonna be open but these last few updates have shown its really starting to pick up for the final push. It's the hope that kills you. That roll looks unbelievable as well!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Oh, wow! This is the graphic definition of short and sweet. I really hope this model is a success and we can see more extreme launchers popping up in the States and Europe.
By the way, do we know how fast this is going to take zero G roll? This might as well take Furius Baco's title for having the world's fastest inversion!

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Oh, wow! This is the graphic definition of short and sweet. I really hope this model is a success and we can see more extreme launchers popping up in the States and Europe.
By the way, do we know how fast this is going to take zero G roll? This might as well take Furius Baco's title for having the world's fastest inversion!
One of the marketing points of Maxx Force was “the world’s fastest inversion!” It will be taken at 60mph. :)